Portraits

fimgirl

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisu

definately not Lisu..

wearing an Akha style hat.... but with Hmong decorations on the collar. Often Thais dress their kids in a mish-mash of hill-tribe style clothing, put together to look nice, since the tourists will not know the difference anyway, and have their kids dance or pose at places like Doi Suthep temple for donations. Cannot blame them. The kids are cute too. Just not real hill-tribes.

LOL sorry got my shots mixed up - here is the Lisu, and yes I know the difference between the tribes - I have lived with them in the hills as my ex was Lisu.

The Akha shot was taken at Doi Tung during a festival

post-1983-0-82751300-1360421965_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Lisu

definately not Lisu..

wearing an Akha style hat.... but with Hmong decorations on the collar. Often Thais dress their kids in a mish-mash of hill-tribe style clothing, put together to look nice, since the tourists will not know the difference anyway, and have their kids dance or pose at places like Doi Suthep temple for donations. Cannot blame them. The kids are cute too. Just not real hill-tribes.

LOL sorry got my shots mixed up - here is the Lisu, and yes I know the difference between the tribes - I have lived with them in the hills as my ex was Lisu.

Great composition, lighting and colours. That really is an excellent image.

Lisu

definately not Lisu..

Great composition, lighting and colours. That really is an excellent image.

Thanks, here is the link I meant to post

saIMG_2283_zps432af2bd.jpg

Edited by astral
  • Like 1

School Festivals are always enjoyable, to capture some of the Thai dress & ceremonies!

This was from on of the events on Samui, in 2010.

I think they usually happen in February, so something to look for and attend!

School%25252520Festival%252525202010%252525206637.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

Lisu

definately not Lisu..

you must have some interesting shots then...I love pix of hill-tribes

Ordered a c.1974 Asahi Pentax SMC 50mm f1.2 which has just this hour arrived. It is mint, as in like new.

On my K-5 it is sick! Thought it was going to be a difficult beast to focus but not so, the focus ring is silky smooth. The phrase 'they don't make 'em like they used to' is the only way I can sum this thing up.

• Like 1