My experiences =

Good =

Sor Klinmee

Golden Glory (former Scorpion Gym)

Sityodtong

Bad =

Kombat

Fairtex

Fairtex...largest and most complete Thai boxing gym in pattaya. If you want to train in a shophouse the aforementioned will suffice, if you want a real western standard facility Fairtex is best. They also have a training food and board plans if that's what your looking for.

I'd also consider Pattaya Muay Thai Academy in Soi 7 North Road (opposite Tesco Lotus), where you're taught real technique and training is not expensive either.

Some other camps have trainers who during training (read: going through the motions) give a thumbs up and say very good very good, when actually the student's technique is not good at all, but makes the student think their money is well spent because they're apparently getting better. Of course they will do this when you are getting better too. Another thing to look out for in camps are trainers who will just tire you out in the first couple of rounds of pad work or have you do prolonged warm-up, skipping and fitness before getting into the ring for pad work so they don't have to work hard.

General rule, you should be paying for developing your technique and skills, not to do 50 push-ups and 100 sit-ups. You can do fitness stuff in your own time at home or anywhere, or like most do it after Muaythai training.

Also although Muaythai gyms have their own fitness equipment, you can do Muaythai training and fitness at separate places if say you wanted a swimming pool for example.

If you have time, let us know where you tried and your thoughts on the place.

There might be others that I haven't known, but I know these.

Sityodtong

Sitpholek

WKO

Nikiema

All were good but it depends very much on who is your trainer. Some will do nothing, some will tell you that you suck if you suck, others will tell you that you are ready for the fight for the Lumpinee title, a few will try to punish you or waste your time. All depends. You have to try a few and find what fits your style and needs. Also, you get what you pay for. WKO had sparring sessions at one time, which was a unique offering. For that I would always choose WKO, but they sometimes don't do it, in which case I would choose Nikiema, who can communicate well and tells you the truth (he is back in Pattaya after a long absence, I haven't seen him since 2000 or something like then, but I will check him out next March 2013.)

If location matters, Sityodtong is quite out in the country. The other three, you can get to by bhat bus or walk.

Here are two venerable articles about Sitydotong and Nikiema:

1. www.global-training-report.com/sityodtong.htm

2. www.global-training-report.com/nikiema.htm

Sincerely,

Khaotee