" Amazingly Clean Thailand" Campaign Comes To Pattaya

webfact

Education to change peoples behaviour takes a long time. In the Pattaya area I have seen coaches park & let out school kids on outings who then drop their rubbish on the beach/road, the teachers do not say a word. Just does not seem to be any effort for education on environmental awareness.

Thai family children sometimes come to our house, same attitude just drop their rubbish on the ground when a rubbish bin is a few meters away, parents don't say a word. They are learning not to do so on our property, bet they carry on with the same behaviour elsewhere.

There are many words I could use to describe Thailand, clean however, is not one of them. I don't need to list reasons or give examples, it's obvious to all.

Actually Bangkok is the cleanest city I've ever seen in a third-world country. In fact, Silom, Sukhumvit, Siam Sq. areas are very glean and well manicured. You want to see dirty? Go to India, Pakistan, Jakarta, Mexico City, ....

Yes but as we've been told many times on this forum, Thailand is NOt a 3rd world country cheesy.gif !

IMHO Thailand is a garbage dump, or a construction site, with little pockets of beauty.

I would say that most shops, department stores and convenience stores in Thailand are run by Thai chinese, and clearly the only way to motivate chinese thais is through their pocket book.

Put a tax on plastic bags, and within a year, 7/11 will be asking you if you really want a plastic bag, rather than giving you two for safety, plus a drinking straw just in case.

EASY!

Put a tax on plastic bags, and 7/11 will start charging for them.

That's whats happened in Los Angeles. At the supermarkets you now have to pay for the plastic or bring your own bags to bring home your groceries

The one amazing fact about this report is that everyone managed to keep a straight face throughout the farce. Clean and pattaya cannot be mentioned in same sentence, sadly. And that bloody mayor, apparently foreign educated, ought to know better. Because under his watch many of our beaches and neighbourhoods have become rubbish strewn.
Developers, builders and others, dump truckload after truckload of trash almost anywhere and everywhere in Jomtien and Pratamnak Hill neighborhoods. The sides of the roads and every empty lot now looks like a slum landfill.
Amazingly clean Pattaya...ha ha...what a joke...rampant sewer smells everywhere...rampant garbage can smells and diesel fumes from the countless coaches and baht buses!!! I wonder if this is why some call Pattaya "The Big Toilet'' of the world!!!
And yet those farangs that complain the most are the ones who choose to live there.

Rather be here than Disneyland..

Funny I don't see any foreigners being awarded. I know their is a guy who drives around in his truck picking up trash on the beach did they award him..? No!

Me and my family used to walk on the beach every saturday to pick up trash in the ocean and on land every once in a while a Thai would walk by and pick one thing up and put it in the bags. The Thai's would actually stand up and stare at us as we walked by with our big trash bags, this went on for about a two years. Then one weekend we saw several very white Thai women standing up near the parking looking at us and pointing their fingers with the general quick nod of the head and a frown. They looked to be insulted that we were picking up their trash? I never understand that. Since then they have finally hired several people to pick up and clean on a regular basis...The problem is they walk to the other side of the road and dump it.......................it seems like wasted money and time.

Well at least no one is Pointing ....555

How they can keep a straight face with that sign actually in Pattaya is very good acting.

Isn't this the same company that award themselves 'clean' awards ????

I believe that 'Clean' & 'Pattaya' could not posiibly be put together in the same sentence

beatdeadhorse.gif