American Accused Of Unlawful Encounter With 13 Year Old Girl On Pattaya Beach

webfact

American accused of unlawful encounter with 13 year old girl on Pattaya Beach

girl-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 38 year old American was caught in a compromising position with a 13 year old girl after meeting her on Pattaya Beach, early on Tuesday Morning.

newsjs

Officers from the Police Region 2 Child and Women Protection Unit were monitoring the 13 year old girl around 4am on Tuesday Morning and were about to detain her and take her into care when they saw an approach by the American, later named as Mr. Neal Rosenthal.

The pair talked for a while and then went back to a Central Pattaya Guest House together.

Police monitored the exchange covertly until the pair arrived at the room. Moments later officers entered the room and found the pair in a state of undress.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-29

• Like 1

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's all this over the top conservative language about. Your city has thousands of prostitutes running around and mass corruption. Your country obviously doesn't mind these activities so just tell it how it is.

As far as the guy is concerned. Lock him up, he is sick !!

I believe it's called journalism.

• Like 1

What's all this over the top conservative language about. Your city has thousands of prostitutes running around and mass corruption. Your country obviously doesn't mind these activities so just tell it how it is.

I believe it's called journalism.

Perhaps, although a kind of journalism I would say.

In a case like this, is the accused held on remand or given bail?

If convicted, would he be deported (after serving time in Thailand) and, if so, would he face charges in the US?

Bail is possible, if convicted it means blacklisting.

There will be no charges in the US if he is sentenced in Thailand. You cannot be convicted twice for the same offence. If he would skip bail and flee the country to the US he could face prosecution in the US.

If it's a setup then that would make me respect the police work even more.

Setup or not, a 13 year old in broad morning daylight and wanting to have sex with her is a very lock-uppable offense no matter what the circumstances.

(Yes I'd take a more sympathetic view if it was a dolled up 15 year old at 3am at some disco.)

So 4 am is broad daylight in your part of Thailand ?

Did you look at the picture of the girl in the article? She's as tall as the officers surrounding her.

I smell a rat.

Setup or not, a 13 year old in broad morning daylight and wanting to have sex with her is a very lock-uppable offense no matter what the circumstances.

(Yes I'd take a more sympathetic view if it was a dolled up 15 year old at 3am at some disco.)

Did you look at the picture of the girl in the article? She's as tall as the officers surrounding her.

I smell a rat.

Wouldn't think the Police would be out at 4am. I think the timings are the Thai way, they mean 4 hours after 6am which would make it 10am in the morning.

I smell a rat.

Wouldn't think the Police would be out at 4am. I think the timings are the Thai way, they mean 4 hours after 6am which would make it 10am in the morning.

Look at the pictures again, it's still semi dark when they were taken.

I am normally quite sceptical of the police and to be honest I think they are probably the most incompetent and corrupt bunch i've ever heard of but on this occasion it seems they might of done some good work.

The fact that they seemed to put out a girl who could look older makes me suspicious but I suppose the only reason why they would of set this up is if the guy is a repeat offender.

Edited by rinteln

I smell a rat.

Look at the pictures again, it's still semi dark when they were taken.

Well it surprises me that cops were working at that time of the morning, never see them in Bangkok at that time.

I smell a rat.

Good points by both of you.

So anyway, it's probably fairly pointless debating it at this stage, with the fudge factor called local journalism still in full effect.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Setup or not, a 13 year old in broad morning daylight, and planning to have sex with her is a very lock-uppable offense no matter what the circumstances.

That's assuming he knew her real age . . . it can be very hard to tell sometimes here.

Reminder to self: check the girls passport before engaging in conversation or anything else.

• Like 1

Setup or not, a 13 year old in broad morning daylight, and planning to have sex with her is a very lock-uppable offense no matter what the circumstances.

Yeah, it is sick, but you're forgetting one thing: He didn't force her to go back to his room with him. And what was she doing there that late to begin with? Where were the parents? This smells like a big fat set up to me.

I smell a rat.

Hats off to Howard then for getting the story out 15 minutes before it happenned.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Now, I am not condoning what he has done, if he knew that she was actually under age. But, the article actually states, "He revealed that he had paid the girl 700 Baht for her to company him to the room but he was told by her that she was 19 years old and Mr. Rosenthal was allegedly unaware of her real age."

So, admitting that he paid the girl to accompany him to the room, puts him trouble anyway. Is he a pedophile? Not sure, as he did ask her her age, problem is he did not ask for proof as in her I.D.

Bit like the country whose flag you cheekily fly! Usual uniformed view of Thailand from a "perfect" nation.

Yes - the peado should be locked up before he molests another child.