American Accused Of Unlawful Encounter With 13 Year Old Girl On Pattaya Beach

webfact

I would assume that this girl has had some previous dealings with the police or else how did they know she was 13 before bursting into the room unless she really did look that age in which case the guy will get what he deserves.

why do you guys fail to understand that this was not her first time and would not be the last. She knew the deal, negotiated and carried on.

He did not approach her in central and offered money, he did not wait for her outside the school or candy shop or games arcade or internet shop or 7-11

If anything, she was most likely the one who made the sound "sexy man i go with you"short time boom boom"

You are an accident waiting to happen mate. Learn right from wrong.

Right from wrong??? Don't make me laugh.

If I go and ask a girl how old she is and she tells me she is 19 and I take her home only to be busted because she is 13 then I would be totally comfortable with my decision. I would be right, I reasonably considered her of age and that would be all that mattered to me.

Entrapment in other countries usually has the the girl over the age and saying she is under the age. Then the guy, knowing she is underage offers to take her.

This case is not the same, she was underage and said she was of age. Allegedly.

It is just far too easy for anyone to be in the same position. I've never bothered asking for ID as I have only taken girls who work in bars and we all know there is an age limit for that. However, I now know that working in a bar is certainly no guarantee that the girl is of age and one must always be on guard.

But Buddha help us all, fake ID's just to make it even harder. Perhaps we'll all just have to bed 60 year old's from now on.

• Like 1

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things

1. Anyone remember this?

http://www.thaivisa....mtien-beer-bar/

There is a possible reason for her co-operating with the police. Was she one of the girls arrested? Was she lesening her sentance by entrapping a "bigger fish"? Is this how the police new her age?

Only an absolute idiot would be trolling for underage girls at 4am on the beach, unless he knew she would be there from a previous encounter, perhaps.

We can what if, maybe this till we are blue in the face but it was a set up IMHO.

2. Why haven't the girls parents been charged? <deleted> was a 13 year old girl doing on the beach at 4am in the worlds biggest house of ill repute?

Too many if's, but's and maybe's for me to draw any conclusion I'm afraid. I'll wait until I know more before I hang the guy. But I surely would hang the parents, I know if I had a daughter that age there is no way I would let her get into that postion n the first place!

Some people really live "on" the world, and not "in" the world.

Ask to any Thai (your GF/wife/best friend/whatever) what is a "Baan Puying". If they look the other way, their reaction normal...

And for apologists saying that it is easy to mistake a 13 year old child for a 19 year old woman, bullcrap, if they really can't tell the difference, they shouldn't be allowed out on their own.

Maybe you should spend some time in Asia instead of posting crap on ThaiVisa.com

Been living here ten years as it happens. And you? Although it's totally irrelevant to this topic. Interesting that you seemingly wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 13 year old child and a grown woman though. I suppose some people believe what they want to believe when the sap is rising, and basic morals fly out of the window!

And for apologists saying that it is easy to mistake a 13 year old child for a 19 year old woman, bullcrap, if they really can't tell the difference, they shouldn't be allowed out on their own.

Maybe you should spend some time in Asia instead of posting crap on ThaiVisa.com

Been living here ten years as it happens. And you? Although it's totally irrelevant to this topic. Interesting that you seemingly wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 13 year old child and a grown woman though. I suppose some people believe what they want to believe when the sap is rising, and basic morals fly out of the window!

you must have xray glasses or a xray vision, because i can never tell age at night time, with hardly any lights, loads of make up while being totally wasted.

Obviojusly this girl has done this many times, and more than likely a teenage prostitute. The authorities know that or they would not have been monitoring her. She probably approached the guy.

And probably showed him a false ID, if he asked for one.. easy to get. Looks like a setup to me. Back in the day, I've known many girls, 16, 17, etc., working in the go-go bars with false ID showing they were 19 or 20.. Yeah, at 4 am, the guy was doing some trolling. no law agains't that. Let's cut the guy a little slack here. If he actually knew the girl was only 13, another story.. What was a 13 year old girl doing out strolling along the beach at 4 am?

My guess is, she was working with the police.. We'll probably never get the correct answer.. but it's sure fun to speculate, isn't it?

At 4am on Pattaya beach it's difficult enough telling which girls aren't men, let alone how old they are. And "ID" often can't prove the former or the latter.

Anyone soliciting on Pattaya beach at 4am surely knows exactly what they are doing, and as such it's no-one else's business unless they are being forced to do it. And I see no indication at all that this arrangement wasn't entirely voluntary.

Some people really do get extraordinarily interested in other peoples' business. I find it very odd indeed.

Interesting that you seemingly wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 13 year old child and a grown woman though.

I've encountered enough examples of adult girls (20-35yo) looking like teenagers (13-17yo). One of my giks is 20yo. When she is waring make-up and a nice dress, she indeed looks like that. Even with the braces. But when we went to an island together and she came without makeup, wearing sneakers, a short jeans-skirt and her small Hello Kitty backpack, she looked like 13yo, and the Thai guys selling the van tickets actually stared at us and some angrily asked me if I was with her. Her cousin apparently is 28yo and likes to lay young Thai boys in the 14-16yo age range. According to my girl, she looks even younger than her, in particular when she's dressing like a teenager so those boys pick her up at shopping malls.

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

Asian and Russian girls from +/- 13 years old are so popular in Japan for their photo-shoots as cover girls. They have the looks of young women. Not children. You can't make the difference between these girls and an average 18-er...and even older. Please check for instance Clara Boscic, and try to convince me this is a girl from 14...

https://www.google.com/search?q=klara+boscic&hl=nl&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=mfQHUb77FYunrAfesYDYDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1467&bih=730

Reading several of the posts above, under this news item one thing becomes clear - Thailand has no shortage of pedophiles and these deviants can rationalise away to explain sick behavior. Some are on tourist visas and others on retirement visas. Am not surprised by this incident. After sunset in that seedy spot called Pattaya (along Beach Rd between Central Rd to Soi 13/2) a common sight is farang grandpa's pushing a stroller with one hand whilst massaging the bottom of a tiny teen with the other hand. If police want to get rich then Beach Rd in that seedy town (and Sunee Plaza) offer rich pickings. Regular spot checks of IDs may help - but this rarely happens given Thai police own many of the bars (and often the people) offering services. Whatever the local corruption or stories of innocence or the rationale......... once a person is caught in the act they must pay the heavy price which comes from this sordid behavior.

Pedophiles in full view down at Sunee Plaza or on Beach Rd don't leave much to the imagination. One has to be very drugged or cock-eyed or a pedophile not to suspect some "traffic flows".....and yes, all farangs into little kids think the girls are above 18. After all pedophilia is a thought pattern which lingers long after castration, as experts say. Hence the long jail terms and a life of hell when caught with ones fingers in the cookie jar.

Edited by SparklingCascades

In a case like this, is the accused held on remand or given bail?

If convicted, would he be deported (after serving time in Thailand) and, if so, would he face charges in the US?

Yes, absolutely without any doubt. He is subject to American law, anywhere in the world. The police WILL contact the US Embassy, and they will dispatch an assistant US attorney overnight. He will pick Neal up in handcuffs and take him back to Washington, where he WILL be charged with statutory rape. Unless he has $1,000,000 US, to spend on attorneys he will be convicted, and will serve 10 years or more, in a federal penitentiary. This is considered very serious stuff, and for good reason. Basically, this guys life is over. Not saying I agree with the extreme judicial approach, but as an American you had better stick with 18 and up. Why would a guy need anyone younger than that, anyway?

After sunset in that seedy spot called Pattaya (along Beach Rd between Central Rd to Soi 13/2) a common sight is farang grandpa's pushing a stroller with one hand whilst massaging the bottom of a tiny teen with the other hand.

I can't quite work out what the stroller has to do with it. Is the farang grooming the next generation of hookers?

Either way, I think you're a bit loopy.

• Like 1

If it's a setup then that would make me respect the police work even more.

Setup or not, a 13 year old in broad morning daylight, and planning to have sex with her is a very lock-uppable offense no matter what the circumstances.

4 am can hardly be considered broad daylight

Setup or not, a 13 year old in broad morning daylight and wanting to have sex with her is a very lock-uppable offense no matter what the circumstances.

(Yes I'd take a more sympathetic view if it was a dolled up 15 year old at 3am at some disco.)

So 4 am is broad daylight in your part of Thailand ?

Did you look at the picture of the girl in the article? She's as tall as the officers surrounding her.

I smell a rat.

Wouldn't think the Police would be out at 4am. I think the timings are the Thai way, they mean 4 hours after 6am which would make it 10am in the morning.

Hats off to Howard then for getting the story out 15 minutes before it happenned.thumbsup.gif

Strange how always has a camera men and reporters on the scene same time as the police are there.whistling.gif

Can one have a "legal encounter" with a 13 year old?

It sounds crook to me from every angle, It's hard to know whether to be sad, outraged or stunned.

I have a 12 yr old daughter, the thought of her being in a position like this in a year is shattering.

....but I imagine your daughter would not be wandering the streets of Pattaya at 4am pretending to be 19 years old and picking up men for sex... I hope...!

If convicted, would he be deported (after serving time in Thailand) and, if so, would he face charges in the US?

Yes, absolutely without any doubt. He is subject to American law, anywhere in the world. The police WILL contact the US Embassy, and they will dispatch an assistant US attorney overnight. He will pick Neal up in handcuffs and take him back to Washington, where he WILL be charged with statutory rape. Unless he has $1,000,000 US, to spend on attorneys he will be convicted, and will serve 10 years or more, in a federal penitentiary. This is considered very serious stuff, and for good reason. Basically, this guys life is over. Not saying I agree with the extreme judicial approach, but as an American you had better stick with 18 and up. Why would a guy need anyone younger than that, anyway?

For your information :

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 (with the below caveat) as specified by article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code.

The current legislation applies to all regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.

However parts of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, which disallow any sexual contact with prostitutes under the age of 18, are widely interpreted by some local authorities to cover sexual acts classed as "obscenity for personal gratification".

Also from the Penal Code Amendment Act of 1997 Section 283bis, having sex with a child under 18 is a compoundable offense even with the consent of that person.

The parent or the child may file charges against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action.

This ostensibly makes the Thai unfettered age of consent 18.

A high profile example of this application of the law was a statutory rape charge filed against the lead singer of the Thai band Big Ass for allegedly having had sex with a (then) 16 year old girl. The charge was filed by the girl after the singer refused to take responsibility for her baby. The singer has since been cleared of being the baby's father due to the results of a paternity test and he received 2 years suspended sentence

For your information :

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 (with the below caveat) as specified by article 279 of the Thai Criminal Code.

The current legislation applies to all regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.

However parts of the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, which disallow any sexual contact with prostitutes under the age of 18, are widely interpreted by some local authorities to cover sexual acts classed as "obscenity for personal gratification".

Also from the Penal Code Amendment Act of 1997 Section 283bis, having sex with a child under 18 is a compoundable offense even with the consent of that person.

The parent or the child may file charges against the other side if he or she later regrets his or her own action.

A high profile example of this application of the law was a statutory rape charge filed against the lead singer of the Thai band Big Ass for allegedly having had sex with a (then) 16 year old girl. The charge was filed by the girl after the singer refused to take responsibility for her baby. The singer has since been cleared of being the baby's father due to the results of a paternity test and he received 2 years suspended sentence

Yes, but Americans are subject to American law, anywhere in the world, as long as they hold US citizenship. This is a fact. All others may be subject to Thai law, but the important fact here, is that this DOES NOT apply to Americans.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For your information :

Yes, but Americans are subject to American law, anywhere in the world, as long as they hold US citizenship. This is a fact. All others may be subject to Thai law, but the important fact here, is that this DOES NOT apply to Americans.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After the parents charged officially Mr. Rosenthal, the police report will mention the amount of their "moral" claim for the scandal...

If he pays - due to the media, a huge sum - the charges in Thailand will be dropped.

Idem dito for the US. He will still remain suspect...in the US.

By the way, he's from Chicago...

She accepted money = prostitution (no rape)

Now, if you want to send the guy 10 years in jail in the US, what is your defenition of "obscenity for personal gratification" during the 20 minutes in the hotel ?

For US citizens :

Under the PROTECT Act of April 2003, it is a crime, prosecutable in the United States, for a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien, to engage in illicit sexual conduct in a foreign country with a person under the age of 18, whether or not the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien intended to engage in such illicit sexual conduct prior to going abroad. For purposes of the PROTECT Act, illicit sexual conduct includes any commercial sex act in a foreign country with a person under the age of 18. The law defines a commercial sex act as any sex act, on account of which anything of value is given to or received by a person under the age of 18.

Setup or not, a 13 year old in broad morning daylight and wanting to have sex with her is a very lock-uppable offense no matter what the circumstances.

(Yes I'd take a more sympathetic view if it was a dolled up 15 year old at 3am at some disco.)

Did you look at the picture of the girl in the article? She's as tall as the officers surrounding her.

I smell a rat.

girl-11.jpg

From the back side you cannot predict any age of the girl!

But, if she looks very young, checking of her ID-card would be a necessary precaution!

I was once in Bangkoks Sukhumvit and I thought the young lady looked same 26, she said 19.

I checked her ID, because I thought she is lying and made herself younger than she is - dark in late night Sukhumvit.

She had an old ID with the Thai calendar and Thai years. I counted wrong used not the right actual Thai year up to date and came to the solution, yes 19.

But in my Hotel they checked the ID, usual there and did not let her in, she was actual 17!

I would have said 26!

Already had some Tattoos on her body! No Newbi to the scene it seemed!

Edited by ALFREDO

oh the piety of some TV'ers!!

Perhaps one of the attractions of oriental women is that they are somewhat ageless ??

This story is hardly indicative of predatory pedophile activity.

gotta think this is a sting........perhaps by the owners?

... proof of age of the girl? It is not uncommon in Thailand to fail or delay registration of births .....!

... my sympathies are with the American....sad case of $elective application of law methinks

• Like 2

At 4am on Pattaya beach it's difficult enough telling which girls aren't men, let alone how old they are. And "ID" often can't prove the former or the latter.

Anyone soliciting on Pattaya beach at 4am surely knows exactly what they are doing, and as such it's no-one else's business unless they are being forced to do it. And I see no indication at all that this arrangement wasn't entirely voluntary.

Some people really do get extraordinarily interested in other peoples' business. I find it very odd indeed.

Whatever your sexual preference Pattaya Police can help you with - telling which girls aren't men....and how old they are. Getting interested in other peoples' business and taking things to extraordinary lengths- when it comes to pedophilia - is something embassies around the world (and police) are trained to do. Except for the pedophiles nobody else is complaining. You sound quite daft at best or a pervert at the other end.

Wow really ? What a deep and thoughtful post.

Embassies are trained to deal with pedophiles ? And I have wasted all my life thinking embassy was there to represent one country in another.

I hope to read more educational material in your coming posts

I smell a rat.

girl-11.jpg

From the back side you cannot predict any age of the girl!

But, if she looks very young, checking of her ID-card would be a necessary precaution!

I was once in Bangkoks Sukhumvit and I thought the young lady looked same 26, she said 19.

I checked her ID, because I thought she is lying and made herself younger than she is - dark in late night Sukhumvit.

She had an old ID with the Thai calendar and Thai years. I counted wrong used not the right actual Thai year up to date and came to the solution, yes 19.

But in my Hotel they checked the ID, usual there and did not let her in, she was actual 17!

I would have said 26!

Already had some Tattoos on her body! No Newbi to the scene it seemed!

Yes, everyone needs to be careful as there are MANY under 18 girls working in the gogos of Pattaya. When they get barfined, they borrow the ID card of one of the older girls in the bar so they have something to show the hotel where you stay. I have seen this act go down multiple times and even had to stop friends from getting themselves into what could be a life ruining situation. Of course, all these girls will tell you they are 18+ when the customer asks them. It's only from understanding the language that you hear them making plans to get an ID for the night that the truth comes out.

To be honest, this could happen to any punter even if being cautious.

Very true. Although the chances of being busted when barfining a girl from a gogo and taking her back to a hotel which checks her (fake) ID are minimal to non-existent.

• Like 1

The age of consent is pretty much irrelevant when they did not engage in any sexual activity, maybe the pigs should have waiting a few more minutes before busting the door down.

According to the report that I read they were both naked.

Was the sexual engagement via telepathy ?

The report I read mentions they were in a state of undress, notice also the person is "accused" of an unlawful encounter, what is this exactly. if any kind of sexual activity was found Iam sure he would be accused of something a lot more substantial and be-fitting of all those here crying out PEADO.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

American Caught with 13 year old in Hotel Room

PATTAYA:--Neal Rosenthal, a 38 year old America, was arrested in a Pattaya hotel room by Police and the local Women and children protection unit, as he planned sex with a 13 year old.

Rosenthal, married just last year to a Thai Lady with a pre-teen child and living in Southern Thailand, is a Scuba diving instructor with Kao Lak Scuba adventures, but the Chicago man was caught in a hotel room with a 13 year old who had been noticed by the authorities as she offered herself to passing tourists on Beach Road. Not much older than his own step daughter, the girl was easily persuaded to go with him to a hotel room after agreeing to a 700 baht fee for her services.

Rosenethal,three times her age, claimed that she had told him she was 19, but authorities are loathe to believe him. He admitted taking her to the room for sex and was discovered, along with her,by the officers who went to the room with a specialist team..

Sadly, the girl had already raised attention and Police were monitoring her as the Women and Children’s protection unit was called to scene. It was during that time that Rosenthal approached her and walked with her to the room where, the photographs held as evidence, show the two naked in bed.

Full story:http://www.pattaya103.com/american-caught-with-13-year-old-in-hotel-room/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-01-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

The age of consent is pretty much irrelevant when they did not engage in any sexual activity, maybe the pigs should have waiting a few more minutes before busting the door down.

According to the report that I read they were both naked.

Was the sexual engagement via telepathy ?

The report I read mentions they were in a state of undress, notice also the person is "accused" of an unlawful encounter, what is this exactly. if any kind of sexual activity was found Iam sure he would be accused of something a lot more substantial and be-fitting of all those here crying out PEADO.

From PDN:

Later the police entered the hotel room and identified themselves as police and arrested them. Both the tourist and girl were naked when they were surprised by the officers. Police found 2 condoms and a pack of condoms on top of the bed, which they seized for evidence. The foreigner was identified as Mr. Neal Rosenthal, age 38, nationality American.