Appearance Of Rogue Window On Startup

octagon

Windows Explorer opens up on startup. This is an occurrance which just started happening out of the blue. No changes to the computer or its settings just prior and no other annoyances except this. Running Windows 7 Basic SP1. Thanks in advance for any insight to this recent computer infliction.

post-45518-0-28878000-1359444665_thumb.j

Edited by octagon

Yeah, I've seen all that. Methods 1-4 check out OK, and methods 5 and 6 don't apply to my computer. I'm beginning to think that Windows is morphing into some kind of artificial intelligence. It seems to know that the first thing I do after startup is double click the Computer icon on the desktop, and it's beating me to the click.

Edited by octagon

Looks like you and many others have had this intractable problem. I would have said just go Control Panel > System > System Restore, then go to a point prior to the problem occurring but if you are like me you probably didn't think too much of the problem at first, and regularly expunged restore points prior to defragging.

Doing a web search for your line Windows Explorer opens up on startup., the best thing I could find was

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/windows-explorer-starts-up-at-startup/4a6b9f28-8840-47f9-bbea-0e9ff76572a3?msgId=60e1675c-1d1e-412b-a62a-bf84fbfc6336

Thanks for the insight into your desktop - fancy putting "Hatari" there, you must be a big fan haha.

Windows doing all these tricky AI-type things pushed me towards the linux community. Good luck, AA

I only get more problems when I do a system restore, so I don't even go there. Go into Safe Mode and fiddle around? Wouldn't even venture there. A complete waste of time, Mr. Gates. I think a complete reformat and clean Window 7 install is the answer. But only when the annoyances mount up to an intolerable number.

<snip>

Thanks for the insight into your desktop - fancy putting "Hatari" there, you must be a big fan haha.

Windows doing all these tricky AI-type things pushed me towards the linux community. Good luck, AA

And what a desktop! I guess you never worked in a company that had a "Clear desktop" policy. biggrin.png

<snip>

And what a desktop! I guess you never worked in a company that had a "Clear desktop" policy. biggrin.png

Some companies have clear desktop policies?

<snip>

The Hatari folder is the movie I'm downloading, btw.

OK. Got the little bug fixed. The solution was to delete the AdobeBridge entry in Startup in CCleaner. I knew it had to do with something as entirely non-related as this. I tried to delete this before, but it wouldn't let me. Windows AI! I love it.

• Like 1