I like the bend in this pano btw

So, what are you all waiting for coffee1.gif

please post yours, no need to be a pano  just water and sand biggrin.png

One photo per post, thank you.

Win thumbsup.gif

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you stand in one place and take five or 6 photos starting left to right (or vice versa) and stich in photoshop, you usually end up with a curv, the point of which is the center shot where you shot straight forward

the two panos of singapore in this post are prime examples. the more photos off of center the more pronounced the curve

if you stand in one place and take five or 6 photos starting left to right (or vice versa) and stich in photoshop, you usually end up with a curv, the point of which is the center shot where you shot straight forward

the two panos of singapore in this post are prime examples. the more photos off of center the more pronounced the curve

Does one of those panoramic heads that mount on top of the tripod fix the curve?

There is also the fisheye panoramic method. Not sure which Kan is using though.

So, what are you all waiting for

I'm land locked or I'd be happy to. biggrin.png Will take a peek through my older collections again.

Sorry to quote this, but it has to be, from Kan

http://kan71000.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/kanchanaburi-beach/

Only extremely narrow-minded people would insist that beaches are on the coast. 100 km inland, Kanchanaburi boasts its own beach at Tha Makham, about 10km south of town. As the photos show, it has all the facilities normally associated with the better-know beaches. Thanks to Kan Win for the link.

http://www.pbase.com/win13/kanbeach

As I said all you need is water and sand to make a Beach, so no excuses now is there w00t.gif

Win in the land locked Kan with its own fresh water beach thumbsup.gif

large.jpg

Does one of those panoramic heads that mount on top of the tripod fix the curve?

No, they are for taking 360 degree pano photos as far as I know. coffee1.gif

Please re-read the above quote by 'candypants'

you usually end up with a curve, the point of which is the center shot where you shot straight forward

Cheers candypants for your input wai.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Funnily enough Win, my mission this last few weeks is to photograph most of the "main" beaches on Samui.... just trying to get my head around making sure they are correctly named and in a clock wise sequence w00t.gif

This one at Hua Thanon, (same area as yours, so not much has changed)

This wins the prize for probably the most disgustingly filthy beach in Thailand, perhaps even Asia! This is just as you come in from Lamai...

IMG_6590.JPG

This is just the other side of the Village and I pretty certain it the same beach you show .... If one walks along a 100 metres it starts to get quite nice....

IMG_6648.JPG

But .... less than that w00t.gif so same same.... I can live with seeing seaweed and fallen branches, it's the blessed plastic... rolleyes.gifbah.gif

IMG_6637.JPG

It can be a very good beach to photograph where they repair the fishing boats ... not always easy to keep the crap out of the shot! wink.png

Chao Lao, Chanthaburi, yesterday late afternoon/evening

Light breeze off the sea was pleasantly cooling; hired tubes and bounced about on the water sipping on Bacardi lime and soda. 

Later, dinner under the trees.

It's a tough life, sometimes wonder how I cope.

0203009_zps531e653d.jpg

This wins the prize for probably the most disgustingly filthy beach in Thailand, perhaps even Asia! This is just as you come in from Lamai...

IMG_6590.JPG

Yep, may be one, however.

What about this one from Phuket witch is Unseen sick.gif

large.jpg

Win bah.gif

Archived