Food Photography

Dancealot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3079307335_b9a6cbf7da_z.jpg

Khao Soy...meet thy maker.

A tasty Khao soy shop in Fang is a muslim one.... so only chicken and beef flavours..

Khao soy is a popular Chiangmai dish.... egg noodle (the yellow ones...flat or round) curry soup made with coconut milk ...and a side dish of lime, onion and pickled cabbage...goes nicely with a glass of ice-coffee..

A popular joke amongst Thai men used to be that to have properly be able to say that one has visited Chiangmai, one has to have done three things.... eaten Khao soy; visited the Mountain top temple of Doi Sutep which overlooks the city; and have visited Kampaeng din

This was an old brothel area, close to what is now the night bazzar. Kampaeng din meaning earthen wall, which refers to the remnants of the ancient walled city, and beside the wall were many rude dwellings.

Food Market, Ranot Songkhla.

Is this a curry? These balls in front i mean. Never saw something like this.

Yes, curry pastes.... You see it in Tesco here on Samui.... some are quite good!!! .... surely with you too....? or no pastes or rice harvesters ..? .

OMG! what a boring place you must live in w00t.gifblink.pngbiggrin.png

Food Market, Ranot Songkhla.

Is this a curry? These balls in front i mean. Never saw something like this.

Yes, curry pastes.... You see it in Tesco here on Samui.... some are quite good!!! .... surely with you too....? or no pastes or rice harvesters ..? .

OMG! what a boring place you must live in w00t.gifblink.pngbiggrin.png

Samui must be all that then.thumbsup.gif My new cam is coming tomorrow, James.

15 Baht boat noodles, Wat Takien, Nonthaburi: 100.422721 ; 13.828006

Wat Takien has a small talad nam, with some very interesting statuary. Open 7 days, with weekends, being busier with more vendors.

Which klong is that?

This one:

http://goo.gl/maps/M8s1v

Klong Kruai?

Some good eateries along there. One of my favs is just about 200 meters into the klong when entering from Chao Praya.

The balls of curry paste are a common sight in any Thai market.

Mr DAL obviously does not get out much biggrin.png .... I think we should make this his first challenge with his new camera....to find curry balls !!!! thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

..... oh and he's got a challenge in the farming forum forum too.... he's going to be a busy chap! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Klong Kruai?

This is a small tributary off a bigger klong, quite far from the river.

yes, yes,

but could you offer the names of the tributary and the bigger klong so that

I can make a trip and sample the dish you posted a photo of above

Mr DAL obviously does not get out much biggrin.png .... I think we should make this his first challenge with his new camera....to find curry balls !!!! thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

..... oh and he's got a challenge in the farming forum forum too.... he's going to be a busy chap! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

At least you are open to the plausibility of me never have seen this before. Thanks

@Mr. Astral. I have seen a lot but i have even more to learn, thankswai.gif

The link, http://goo.gl/maps/M8s1v, in post #49, is a google map of the location.

The numbers, 100.422721 ; 13.828006, in post #2, are the GPS coordinates.

And this, http://goo.gl/maps/CAVhI, will tell you how to drive there from MBK.

I have absolutely no clue as to the name of the klong.

thanks,

small klong going off Klong Om (just after Klong Muang goes off Klong Om) when you do Klong Om from Nontaburi to BKK

there are som good food places around there, will try to remember camera next time.

Archived