Food Photography

Dancealot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feed the Buddha, offering at a small spirit house.... a little over done, me thinks!

It is not overdone. This is a respectable offer. The whole idea of offering to Buddha is you give what you,.. yourself could eat and drink right then and there. Someone in this small spirit house you mentioned really knows the meaning of the idea to give away something and expect nothing in return.

This wonderful picture you posted, Mr. Samuijimmy, is a great example altruism. I am curious about the person who offered this.

One of the offerings in the previous pic posted by Samuijimmy contains a cup of mustard plant soup. This soup is based or biased on this water plant.

post-70928-0-06955800-1360862131_thumb.j

This soup is cooked from moo bone and later the green mustard plant is added chopped up in small pieces. Pork fat can be added as well to enhance the fatness of the taste or this soup. Along with tomyamgung this soup is on my top 10 list of favourite Thai soups..

Very popular delicacy in Vietnam as well it is eaten raw and it is very delicious.

No my friend.....a burger isn't a burger unless it's got beetroot.

.....then whilst eating it, the unskilled diner has the misfortune of the slice of beetroot slipping out and staining a perfectly clean shirt.

Us more experienced burger munchers are well aware of this and avoid the beetroot stain.

Cheers.

Just when you mention offerings, I was down at the Chinese Temple in Chiang Mai last night and noticed these offerings.........

I thought they were a wee bit meagre, sad.png ........anyway that's the Chinese for you, always frugal.......

I met this happy chappy at the market place........

561758_502789566426037_1257033986_n.jpg

He looks delighted, I'm not so sure if the contents of his truck share his sentiments whistling.gif

I then went for a wander into the town and met the portable horror show........the Insect Lady!! I'll be telling my Grandson about her when he's a bad boy,

" You better behave or I'll send for the Insect Lady!! ".........Dan Dan Da!! biggrin.png

Amazing and original shot!clap2.gif Notice the belt around this guys waist. This belt is meant for people with heavy back-problems and professional weight lifters. But he is just a regular Joe doing his job. His back is probably hurting a lot right now. But he still will have to unload this truck probably on his own!

He will loose his income when he stops working and stopped heavy lifting for about 3 months.

Do you see the smile on the face of this man? Take a good look in his eyes everyone. Do you see the pain?

I have a profound respect for people like himwai.gif

to the contrary he looks happy and healthy, and i would not be surprised to find out that it is his business.

I see plenty of those belts on people who do heavy lifting.

Re: beets on burgers.

Hilarious. I used to run a burger shop, so I have some experience with this. The great thing about a burger is that there is no right/wrong way, there is your way, and all the other ways. So for some Aussies, they like beetroot on their burg. That's fine.

But for the other 99.99% of humanity that thinks it's completely bizarre, they don't have to have it. To each their own....

I don't think Spirit Houses have anything to do with Buddha.

They are a much more basic belief to appease the spirits on the land

who may have been upset when the main building was put up

.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_house

They are a much more basic belief to appease the spirits on the land

who may have been upset when the main building was put up

.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_house

It's the animistic part of Thai Buddhism.

Much of the typical Thai practice of "Buddhism" actually has little to do with Buddha. I have yet to find "magic" addressed anywhere in Buddha's teachings. Magic and mysticism makes up most of what I have seen practiced here.

Archived