Food Photography

Dancealot

So what is with the beetroot...? never come across that before (as much as I like beetroot!) Is it an English thing or Russian... when I left the UK all there was, was Whimpy Burgers... YUK!

I having a problem here this is greyed out, not sure if it will post... cannot add image either! hmmm this posted ???? still cannot add image ... OMG!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Spirit Houses have anything to do with Buddha.

Much of the typical Thai practice of "Buddhism" actually has little to do with Buddha. I have yet to find "magic" addressed anywhere in Buddha's teachings. Magic and mysticism makes up most of what I have seen practiced here.

What exactly do you mean?I would pair magic and mysticism in Catholicism but not in Buddhism practised in Thailand.

So what is with the beetroot...? never come across that before (as much as I like beetroot!) Is it an English thing or Russian... when I left the UK all there was, was Whimpy Burgers... YUK!

I having a problem here this is greyed out, not sure if it will post... cannot add image either! hmmm this posted ???? still cannot add image ... OMG!

It was just a glitch...Everything is back to normal now...crazy.gif

I don't think Spirit Houses have anything to do with Buddha.

Much of the typical Thai practice of "Buddhism" actually has little to do with Buddha. I have yet to find "magic" addressed anywhere in Buddha's teachings. Magic and mysticism makes up most of what I have seen practiced here.

What exactly do you mean?I would pair magic and mysticism in Catholicism but not in Buddhism practised in Thailand.

In the context of "Photography", things like this:

post-84869-0-82185300-1361501529_thumb.j

Then there are all the amulets.

How about "merit making"? It is simply supposed to be giving, for the sake of giving, not offerings to make good luck.

If Samuijimmy stop sweettalking he gets the last bit of the broth.

attachicon.gifThailand2009044.jpg

bah.gifsick.gifbiggrin.png

Seriously, lucky for you i am running out of material here to keep up with your seemingly limitless, stunning, trampling visual blanket of posts. wai.gif

Perhaps it's time to sit back and enjoy your posts. Am practising a lot with my new cam and paying with manual ISO settings and manual shuttertimes for the first time in my life. It's addictive.

A real burger has sliced beetroot that is served chilled or room temp. It is boiled till soft in a sugar solution, the pealed then sliced, or just bought in a tin. I have requested that Villa import this, preferring Golden Circle brand. I import my own. If enough people bug Villa maybe they will.

Thumbs Up for beetroot on a real mans burger. thumbsup.gif

Archived