Food Photography

Dancealot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul, re post #227, Can you go into the lighting you used in these shots ?

thumbsup.gif I am curious myself aswell but i doubt Paul will reveal the tricks of the trade as it is his work.

Or would he....

@ Shaggy great corn art pic, where was that? thumbsup.gif

@ Tywais.... Did you eat that cake, cos there is no pic! w00t.gif

This is what happened to my dinner last night.... whilst spending too much time here, I forgot about it in the oven, and the timer has stopped working rolleyes.gif .... bah.gif ... sad.png

IMG_2564.JPG

@ Shaggy great corn pic, where was that? thumbsup.gif

This is what happened to my dinner last night.... whilst spending too much time here, I forgot about it in the oven, and the timer has stopped working rolleyes.gif .... bah.gif ... sad.png

Did you heat up your Canon EOS, again, Jimmy? ermm.gif I told you not to..dry.png

It was at Nong Nooch Tropical Garden (Chonburi).

Sorry to hear about your dinner mate cheesy.gif ....what was it,before the cremation?

I can see Tywais cake....and I want a piece (Please)

It's still warm so you need to hurry. biggrin.png

My photos are hosted on my own server at the university Jimmy. May try a screen reload to see if it pops up.

Oh and you are supposed to put the lighter fluid on the charcoal Jimmy. tongue.png

It was at Nong Nooch Tropical Garden (Chonburi).

Sorry to hear about your dinner mate cheesy.gif ....what was it,before the cremation?

oh weird the Tywais, cake just appeared.... yeah I want a piece too, please thumbsup.gif.... ok understand, about viewing .... it took a couple refreshes !

No my poor old chicken breast was in the toaster oven, lighter fluid probably would have made things much worse! w00t.gif

@shaggy, it was about the middle of the cremation tongue.pngbiggrin.png ..... Not sure if the dogs like it... wink.png

Got to get around and see some of these gardens wink.png

What no mushy peas... Shaggy ~ ! w00t.gif

This bunny is sampling which veg best to eat.... tongue.png

I know.....Bloody heathens up there in Udon !!!!

It was washed down with some beers and a bottle of Bacardi ....so I mustn't grumble.

That sledgehammer is a little too close for comfort there mate.

Not fattening bunny wabbit up for the kill were you?

@shaggy.... yep bunny wabbit still alive.... Sounds like you drink more than Sir Dancealot ! whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Am not sure about that Jim w00t.gif

He's coming over to mine sometime next month, so I will let you know.blink.png

Jimmy asked for it!coffee1.gif If there was the slightest possibility i could even concieve the thought of comparing drinking habits amongst mates en publique. I would take into consideration everyone's stand first before blethering out.

It's ok Jimthumbsup.gif , what is important to me is that you admit there is a problem.

There..whistling.gifbiggrin.png

PS. this is not fair it's two against 1. Shaggy threw in the sledgehammer after Jimmy spilt his sherry.rolleyes.gif

Too late to edit...sad.png

I have to agree with Mr. Dancealot, if you don't try some of the local fare you are missing some of the greatest food the world has to offer. However, I do understand that one persons definition of great might not be applicable for all. I love the food of Issan and will try most of it, but there are some things that even I believe are better left untasted.

No my friend.....a burger isn't a burger unless it's got beetroot.

.....then whilst eating it, the unskilled diner has the misfortune of the slice of beetroot slipping out and staining a perfectly clean shirt.

Us more experienced burger munchers are well aware of this and avoid the beetroot stain.

Cheers.

In what country do they put beets on a hamburger? It isn't right, it just isn't right.

I have to agree with Mr. Dancealot, if you don't try some of the local fare you are missing some of the greatest food the world has to offer. However, I do understand that one persons definition of great might not be applicable for all. I love the food of Issan and will try most of it, but there are some things that even I believe are better left untasted.

Thanks for your reply Mr. Rsokolowski. Since you made it clear you care. I'll be honest to say I haven't noticed any active discussion about the controverse you mentioned in your reply.

Unless you have discovered the real reason why i started this thread which i feel obligated to reveal now thanks to you. I want to see, read, share and hopefully smell and taste what the fellow TV posters in particular are having for lunch in Thailand, and at the same time i want to make a point.

Have you just read this entire thread for the first time, Mr.? If so, i have succeeded in making my point.

No my friend.....a burger isn't a burger unless it's got beetroot.

.....then whilst eating it, the unskilled diner has the misfortune of the slice of beetroot slipping out and staining a perfectly clean shirt.

Us more experienced burger munchers are well aware of this and avoid the beetroot stain.

Cheers.

In what country do they put beets on a hamburger? It isn't right, it just isn't right.

Now, i am quite positve you read the entire thread in 1 time, Mr Rsokolowsi. You picked out the beetbiggrin.png . Still beats me why they like it. It's a matter of taste and heritage.

Do you have anything more to add, as an objective observer? Perhaps just a picture of your food, preferably from when you are eating it in Thailand?

Thank you,

Massaman Moo with diced potatoes, and steamed veggies on the side. From the crockpot (slow cooker) to the plate...

clap2.gif I am impressed with the inventive and unconventional cooking method, someone, very clever, used preparing this Massaman.

The first time I saw someone using MY rice cooker to boil an egg i felt so shocked and surprised i felt ashamed why i have never conceived this before myself. Later i concluded i have never learned to think this way because i NEVER had to...

Thanks for sharing this. thumbsup.gifsmile.png

attachicon.gifIMG_0352.JPGTom Yum fish head. Made with a very fresh 7 kg sea bass head.

Very nice, i can almost smell it when looking at your pic. 3 years ago, I started cooking tomyam's here in The Netherlands and in Thailand as well.

I have to tell you that you mentioned the sea bass head broth variant while in your actual image there is clearly a fish tale sticking out. Why?

To explain to tomyam newbees there are many variants on how to cook a decent tomyam. Most importantly a decently prepared tomyam NEVER tastes exactly the same because personal preferences, type of cooks and available ingredients. Only a few basic ingredients are needed and the rest of the taste will be chosen depending on where you are and what's available. A really universal dish.thumbsup.gif

While the fish tomyam tastes fishy and fresh, depending on which fish was used. After 24 hours it will taste too fishy. I prefer the endurance of a chicken-bone or tomyammoo because after 2 days it is still good to eat and i can enjoy it more.

Archived