Bsr Increasing Rate To 2000Thb

zebzeb

The farang price increase to B2000 is updated in their website. Guess I won't be fishing there anymore. But I'm sure they don't care if some of us stop fishing there.

Stupidity in the extreme, it's just being greedy!! I hope this fishing venue now struggles and goes out of business!!

Cost of fishing for Thai people : 400 THB/1 Rod (for the rod yourself).

Cost of fishing for foreign : 2,000 THB/1 Rod (for the rod yourself).

Cost of fishing for permits foreigners working in Thailand 500 THB/1 Rod (for the rod yourself).

Rent 600 THB /1 Rod (a deposit of 1,000 THB).

Guide (Assistant fishing) 1,000 THB.

Bait Set about 250 THB set, Lam Bag 500 THB.

Unbelievable!!

Edited by dogpoo

Do I like it? No. Is it a stupid decision? Probably not.

With BSR showing up on multiple international TV fishing shows, I doubt most folks that just spent over $1,000 for a plane ticket to Thailand are going to care about the extra $33 to go to such a famous venue.

So their tourist headcount will go down by 20% and the 80% who still come will pay double.

By my reckoning, that means their revenue will go up 60%- and the place won't be so crowded for the folks that are willing to pay.

And if it doesn't work out, they can drop the prices again. It's called testing the market.

It is, after all, a business.

Edited by impulse

Do I like it? No. Is it a stupid decision? Probably not.

With BSR showing up on multiple international TV fishing shows, I doubt most folks that just spent over $1,000 for a plane ticket to Thailand are going to care about the extra $33 to go to such a famous venue.

So their tourist headcount will go down by 20% and the 80% who still come will pay double.

By my reckoning, that means their revenue will go up 60%- and the place won't be so crowded for the folks that are willing to pay.

And if it doesn't work out, they can drop the prices again. It's called testing the market.

It is, after all, a business.

Well after I'd spent nearer $4,000 for me and the wife to come to Thailand for Christmas the cost of the holiday was probably more on my mind than if I'd paid a lot less. smile.png

I wont fish there and I'll advise everyone I talk to to fish elsewhere.bah.gif

I am just happy i can still get into it for the reduced price but this is of course a scam. My dad wont like it when he comes to visit. But ah we either split the difference or not he makes enough money either way. But I do hate those dual pricing things.

I am just happy i can still get into it for the reduced price but this is of course a scam. My dad wont like it when he comes to visit. But ah we either split the difference or not he makes enough money either way. But I do hate those dual pricing things.

Last time I went there with a guy who forgot his work permit, I hired on for 4 rods and he and I shared them.

I have paid the foreigner price on occasion when I forgot to bring my WP with me. Still better than wasting 1-1/2 hours and taxi fare to go home and get it. Kind of irritated they didn't recognize me from one week to the next, but rules is rules....

Last time I went there with a guy who forgot his work permit, I hired on for 4 rods and he and I shared them.

I have paid the foreigner price on occasion when I forgot to bring my WP with me. Still better than wasting 1-1/2 hours and taxi fare to go home and get it. Kind of irritated they didn't recognize me from one week to the next, but rules is rules....

Don't you know we all look alike! clap2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
The farang price increase to B2000 is updated in their website. Guess I won't be fishing there anymore. But I'm sure they don't care if some of us stop fishing there.

Stupidity in the extreme, it's just being greedy!! I hope this fishing venue now struggles and goes out of business!!

Cost of fishing for permits foreigners working in Thailand 500 THB/1 Rod (for the rod yourself).

Unbelievable!!

Well, like all of us foreigners over here, I hate the dual pricing.

However, I've just come back from my first ever trip to BSR with my two kids, and all three of us really enjoyed the day.

Not having any experience of fishing here, we had a guide for the day, rented a rod and everything else, and the total was 2540 baht for all three of us, including refilling our bait bowl once (we took it in turns on a single rod). We caught some great fish, and I thought it was a reasonable price for what is obviously a top of the range facility (as shown on international tv programs!). If you don't need a guide and have your own gear, bring your own bait etc., I guess it works out to 400-500 a day?

OK, so I live here and got the local prices but I understand that in the USA some states have 'dual pricing' (state residents paying less than tourists), which is in effect the same. I still don't agree with it personally, but I can at least follow their logic.

If you want a real example of a scam, try getting the locals price at a national park. I have permanent residence in Thailand, and that still isn't good enough. Last time I tried the girl laughed and said come back when you have a Thai passport! And those places are run by the government.

Unbelievable!!

Well, like all of us foreigners over here, I hate the dual pricing.

However, I've just come back from my first ever trip to BSR with my two kids, and all three of us really enjoyed the day.

Not having any experience of fishing here, we had a guide for the day, rented a rod and everything else, and the total was 2540 baht for all three of us, including refilling our bait bowl once (we took it in turns on a single rod). We caught some great fish, and I thought it was a reasonable price for what is obviously a top of the range facility (as shown on international tv programs!). If you don't need a guide and have your own gear, bring your own bait etc., I guess it works out to 400-500 a day?

OK, so I live here and got the local prices but I understand that in the USA some states have 'dual pricing' (state residents paying less than tourists), which is in effect the same. I still don't agree with it personally, but I can at least follow their logic.

If you want a real example of a scam, try getting the locals price at a national park. I have permanent residence in Thailand, and that still isn't good enough. Last time I tried the girl laughed and said come back when you have a Thai passport! And those places are run by the government.

I'm really annoyed that I didn't renew my drivers license to a 5 year before I left. angry.png