True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, rights for next 3 seasons with CTH so EPL on true will finish at end of this season.

CTH might do a deal with True, or not. We should know definitely about 15 minutes before next season kicks off. (or 30 minutes after !)

• Like 1

You can bet your bottom dollar that whatever potential deal CTH do with True, it'll be for a fraction of the games they show now. Only way CTH will make money off this deal is exclusivity. if you want the full blanket coverage for next year you'll have to get CTH installed.

Sad but true, as half or more of Thailand cannot get CTH, oh well just hope they come to a deal and true carry on, if not i will cancel true.

• Like 1

Maybe i'm dreaming but i just can't see True not being able to do a deal. same coverage as this season, just having to pay more.

Please can everyone stay on top of this because i'm certainly not bothering with true if theres no premier league

• Like 1

Some CTH channels are now being broadcast on a different satellite. I spoke to the media dept of the premier league when the new deal was announced. They said that CTH have obligations to forfill regarding the accessibility of EPL content. If they don't meet this the deal would be cxl. But he added that CTH were fully aware of the coverage they must supply to viewers. CTH will probably play hardball on any partnership until they are 100% sure of the coverage they can provide themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to contact CTH by phone very rarely answer and when they do English skills are zero, I have also emailed in Thai and English with no informative reply all I want to know is can they provide their services to my address.

I have been calling the number on the website how do their alleged 3 million subscribers contact them????

I have tried to contact CTH by phone very rarely answer and when they do English skills are zero, I have also emailed in Thai and English with no informative reply all I want to know is can they provide their services to my address.

I have been calling the number on the website how do their alleged 3 million subscribers contact them????

I think the answer to that is they dont,also i think the 3 million figure is a little high at the moment.

Depressing. I would love to vote with my feet on True but I need to watch Bloomberg and CNBC so I can see me continuing to pay 1,600 baht per month just for a couple of hours a day of those two channels plus a bit of BBC News, plus my wifes 400 baht a month for a second box to watch the English and Thai movies plus whatever extra cost aroises to get some decent football coverage, though currently God knows where that will come form here in Issaan. Out in the sticks I don't think the TOT signal is good enough to stream TV via the internet.

Cant see how CTH would offer True an EPL package fo substance - everyone would just hang onto their True subscription. Equally I can't see how CTH can deliver any kind of geographical coverage outside Bangkok and a few cabled cities without doing it through True.

Im already sharpening my pencil to write a few home truths to Scuddamore about his ridiculous bull$hit claims about what a great deal the CTH agreeement was for Thailand, but lets wait and see.

I still think it's possible a deal will be done with a satellite partner. If CTH fail to provide blanket coverage, then the contract will be cxl by the EPL. This came directly from their media press officer when I phones them. Channels such as NHK, DISNEY & BBC are offered by True on an a la carte basis. CTH will launch 8 EPL channels. I'll be surprised if a couple aren't made available by a satellite provider.

Same size dish as True, just pointed in a different direction. This is just a rumour at the moment. CTH are a cable network, but have limited coverage at present in Thailand. A satellite set up of some kind must surely be done to be sure of blanket coverage. They also have the rights in Laos and Cambodia remember, so maybe another reason why these channels are available on satellite.

Move the true dish?

Or are we saying that we will have to buy another dish? If so what dish would be capable of receiving CTH?

Sorry no idea about a True dish, guess would pick up...........I bought a big MOVE dish over 9 years ago, so easy to move and scan all Satellites up there.

Edited by ignis

If true and CTH think by giving a few premier league games to true and true think they can still charge the same money, well i am one customer who will be off, you can see it now, CTH give true norwich v fulham while man utd v whoever is on the same time and keep that game to themselves.

Extract from that article above:

"TrueVisions recently changed its slogan from "King of soccer" to "King of sport" after failing to secure the rights of EPL, Thailand's most watched football league, last November. "Sport is not only football - there are plenty of other kinds of sport [to watch]," said TrueVisions chief commercial officer Ong-ard Prapakamol."

Oh right then Khun Prapakamol. I'll just stop being a football fan and take up watching some Welshman play a Scot at snooker in some hitherto unheard of snooker hall in China, where only about 10 people can be bothered to turn up to watch it live, or some fat imbecilic over-muscled Yanks pretending they are all great soap actors and that wrestling is a real sport. I will really appreciate your HD coverage. Sign me up for another 10 years of True Visions please

Bunch of numpties. King of losers and bullshit more like.

They even had the audacity to remove the Panda channel.

Extract from that article above:

"TrueVisions recently changed its slogan from "King of soccer" to "King of sport" after failing to secure the rights of EPL, Thailand's most watched football league, last November. "Sport is not only football - there are plenty of other kinds of sport [to watch]," said TrueVisions chief commercial officer Ong-ard Prapakamol."

Oh right then Khun Prapakamol. I'll just stop being a football fan and take up watching some Welshman play a Scot at snooker in some hitherto unheard of snooker hall in China, where only about 10 people can be bothered to turn up to watch it live, or some fat imbecilic over-muscled Yanks pretending they are all great soap actors and that wrestling is a real sport. I will really appreciate your HD coverage. Sign me up for another 10 years of True Visions please

Bunch of numpties. King of losers and bullshit more like.

They even had the audacity to remove the Panda channel.

Gutted! sad.png

It'll be about 5 years before I go to settle in Thailand for good. Hope this mess is all sorted out by then.

Don't worry True will still have the Championship and League 1 wink.png you'll be fine.

• Like 1

It'll be about 5 years before I go to settle in Thailand for good. Hope this mess is all sorted out by then.

Don't worry True will still have the Championship and League 1 wink.png you'll be fine.

I hope you have a crystal ball biggrin.png city back where they belong tick tock.

I hope you have a crystal ball biggrin.png city back where they belong tick tock.

Carry on wishing and hoping girls. We are here to stay and you know very well you are worried about it. wink.png

Move your dish point at the ABS 1 Satellite at 75.o deg East to receive the CTH channels........... Bit hit and miss affair sometime fine sometime scrambled .... same with dish pointing at Vinasat, you can be watching something and suddenly goes scrambled.

http://www.lyngsat.com/ABS-1.html

Just checked and CTH has 1 C-band transponder on the ABS 1 satellite with 17 Tv channels, powervu encrypted.

I only see 2 sport channels, so the EPL can't be shown completely on those!

And this also means a big black mesh dish is needed, same style as the PSI dishes.