True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Does anyone have a contact for CTH in the Pattaya area. I can find nothing on the Internet and they do not seem to be advertising locally, which is a bit of a concern as time is running out if they are going to sell their proposed number of cable/satellite systems before August.

I leave for the uk suinday,but back 20th June,so i will go to Sophon office to check.Also CTH will announce their plans in June.At the moment i cant find anything yet, but i will be going from platinum to gold when i am back,then pay for epl with sophon if in english commentary.We all know that Sophon coverage of football is awful,need to check first.

Mark Hughes should be Stokes new manager by the time you get back!!

They're not wasting any time!

_67873170_20130525_132629.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks fir the link bb. 899bht to include EPL seems a bargain to me. Shows what a ripoff TRUE has been.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

True has not been ripoff, it has lots of sports what CTH will not(?) have. But now yes, true pricing is ripoff after losing EPL, Bundesliga etc. Next in line is Thai League.

Does anyone have a contact for CTH in the Pattaya area. I can find nothing on the Internet and they do not seem to be advertising locally, which is a bit of a concern as time is running out if they are going to sell their proposed number of cable/satellite systems before August.

I leave for the uk suinday,but back 20th June,so i will go to Sophon office to check.Also CTH will announce their plans in June.At the moment i cant find anything yet, but i will be going from platinum to gold when i am back,then pay for epl with sophon if in english commentary.We all know that Sophon coverage of football is awful,need to check first.

Mark Hughes should be Stokes new manager by the time you get back!!

They're not wasting any time!

_67873170_20130525_132629.jpg

cheesy.gif Brilliant

Blimey, talk about knicker wetting, we aint even out of May yet!

Can you not see the posts above, talk to sophon in Pattaya.

No knicker wetting as you so nicely put it. I will have to cancel my existing contract with True and then get the new installation done. I also do not want to be without TV for any length of time. I possibly unlike you work for a living and am constantly in and out of Thailand, so would like to be prepared for the change. I do not want to use Sophon as i have heard bad reports. They talk about a million installations in the reports and the speed that Thais work it won't be done within the next decade.

I don't get this 'the speed that Thai's work at' line that is rolled by some, whenever I've asked for an engineer here or any type of manual labour they are here pronto, now England on the other hand..well, you'll be waiting weeks there, but you just carry on bashing the Thai's as your excuse to hit the panic button with the best part of 3 months still before the season starts..

Thanks fir the link bb. 899bht to include EPL seems a bargain to me. Shows what a ripoff TRUE has been.

True has not been ripoff, it has lots of sports what CTH will not(?) have. But now yes, true pricing is ripoff after losing EPL, Bundesliga etc. Next in line is Thai League.

Some people really do need a reality check, Bt1500 baht a month for EVERY game plus all their other sports, yet it's a 'rip off'?? I despair with some people on these forums...now off you trot to get your noodles for lunch.

Blimey, talk about knicker wetting, we aint even out of May yet!

Can you not see the posts above, talk to sophon in Pattaya.

No knicker wetting as you so nicely put it. I will have to cancel my existing contract with True and then get the new installation done. I also do not want to be without TV for any length of time. I possibly unlike you work for a living and am constantly in and out of Thailand, so would like to be prepared for the change. I do not want to use Sophon as i have heard bad reports. They talk about a million installations in the reports and the speed that Thais work it won't be done within the next decade.

I don't get this 'the speed that Thai's work at' line that is rolled by some, whenever I've asked for an engineer here or any type of manual labour they are here pronto, now England on the other hand..well, you'll be waiting weeks there, but you just carry on bashing the Thai's as your excuse to hit the panic button with the best part of 3 months still before the season starts..

I ask a simple question and you become abusive. Show me where in the past in any of my threads that I have kept on bashing the Thais. The fact is that the number of installations that are being banded about in the press is huge and in my opinion with take many more than 3 months,

• Like 1

Some people really do need a reality check, Bt1500 baht a month for EVERY game plus all their other sports, yet it's a 'rip off'?? I despair with some people on these forums...now off you trot to get your noodles for lunch.

Yes it's a rip off.

Not if you like all the other stuff they show on the 1600 Baht gold package, but there are quite a few customers paying for 100 odd channels but actually only watching 5 or so. Almost like needing to buy a car and being forced to buy a bicycle and motorbike you're never ever going to use.

And you just have to look for Astro in Malaysia to know it doesn't have to be like that. Custom made packages so you almost only pay for what you really want to watch.

And CTH also has 120 other channels for about half the price of True.

If you don't want to deal with sophon cable then just get the dish system. But I think sophon will just manage the service, not provide content. The content is from CTH's main hub.

Thanks Bangkok Blue I will contact them for information.

Great news all round ! I was worried about the cable situation, but that seems not to be an issue now. Thanks to all the posters here who have been doing the digging for updates.clap2.gif

Those who want to receive through satellite have to know that compared to Truevisions, the CTH dish will have to be turned about 110 degrees to the left (a good bit more then a quarter turn counter clock wise) and the satellite will be a fair bit lower on the horizon then the Truevisions one, so check for obstacles!

Sent from my B1-A71 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you don't want to deal with sophon cable then just get the dish system. But I think sophon will just manage the service, not provide content. The content is from CTH's main hub.

If you have been reading the thread you will know that all this launches on the 21st June...take a chill pill.

Those who want to receive through satellite have to know that compared to Truevisions, the CTH dish will have to be turned about 110 degrees to the left (a good bit more then a quarter turn counter clock wise) and the satellite will be a fair bit lower on the horizon then the Truevisions one, so check for obstacles!

Blimey, are you a scientist?

Blimey, are you a scientist?

Nope, just a bored nerd :lol:

If you have been reading the thread you will know that all this launches on the 21st June...take a chill pill.

I have of course been reading the thread and there is some great information Provided by Bangkok Blue, thanks for that. I will be out of the Country for the most of june and july, hence the need for the supplier details. We all have different circumstances so have to take that into account, but no Jai rawn here.

I see people are still bashing True as they close the door on them. Yes - you can certainly criticise their service response time and I understand some people had trouble getting their magazine. However I shall not be celebrating their departure - I thought 1600 baht for the Gold package and every EPL game available plus Champions League and UEL was exceptional value just for that cover alone and I doubt we will see such comprehensive cover of the English (and Welsh) quality teams on a single provider in Thailand in a good number of years.

As a reminder to some who accuse it of being a rip-off, I've said it before on here but its worth repeating that Sky in the UK costs 50 quid a month and has significantly less comprehensive cover of the big teams (top 20 - yes even West Ham is a 'big team' in my book!) than True did. Of course you can fill in if you are present in the UK by actually going to the games at a cost of 25 to 120 quid a pop :-)

I see people are still bashing True as they close the door on them. Yes - you can certainly criticise their service response time and I understand some people had trouble getting their magazine. However I shall not be celebrating their departure - I thought 1600 baht for the Gold package and every EPL game available plus Champions League and UEL was exceptional value just for that cover alone and I doubt we will see such comprehensive cover of the English (and Welsh) quality teams on a single provider in Thailand in a good number of years.

As a reminder to some who accuse it of being a rip-off, I've said it before on here but its worth repeating that Sky in the UK costs 50 quid a month and has significantly less comprehensive cover of the big teams (top 20 - yes even West Ham is a 'big team' in my book!) than True did. Of course you can fill in if you are present in the UK by actually going to the games at a cost of 25 to 120 quid a pop :-)

Agree but take away the Football then ask youself is it worth 30 odd quid?

Sure - that's a huge rip-off. They will eventually come to their senses when nobody buys it. Their lesser packages are sort of ok in price.

Agreed. The thing is not having the PL is a game changer...what was before good value for EVERY PL game now does become a rip without the PL. IMO the only people that will keep the gold/platinum packages are the ones who are not fussed about money (you won't find any of them on here mind) and are just too lazy to cancel it.

And oi! I'm a West Ham fan...the mighty Hammers!

Sure - that's a huge rip-off. They will eventually come to their senses when nobody buys it. Their lesser packages are sort of ok in price.

I wonder how much of it is paid by Benefits.

Agreed. The thing is not having the PL is a game changer...what was before good value for EVERY PL game now does become a rip without the PL. IMO the only people that will keep the gold/platinum packages are the ones who are not fussed about money (you won't find any of them on here mind) and are just too lazy to cancel it.

And oi! I'm a West Ham fan...the mighty Hammers!

That explains everything laugh.png

Hi everyone!

Just been to my local True store (in Phuket) and it was a hive of activity! I have never seen so many bodies in there and there was a lot of returned equipment and a large pile of cancellation forms!! There was a foreigner and Thai cancelling their True subscriptions as I was there too. I asked the staff (who were always really good) if this had been a busy day for them. They told me that every day for the past few weeks there had been numerous cancellations every day.

I reckon this will be the norm in many stores up and down the country and True will be hit hard by this. I myself downgraded from the Gold + HD package to the SuperEntertainment package just for the coming month until I find out what is happening. The likelihood will be a total cancellation at the end of June but I would rather hold on to my True box/dish/account etc until I know what is happening for sure with the football.

Anyway, just thought I would share my experience. Have a good weekend all. Cheers,

Emubob

• Like 2

Well they offered a measly 100bht off for the loss of EPL already so my guess is no.

Anyone else hear the rumour TRUE will be showing the Papua New Guinea Premier League next season?

Edited by apetley

but the question is will they cut their subscription rates as well?

Normal Thai business logic makes me say no, they will probably do just the opposite.

True Finance Director:- "Sir, many, many people are cancelling their subscriptions, which means we will have less money next year."

True CEO:- "Ok, no problem, just double the cost of subscriptions of the people that we still have. This is easy solution, do I have to do all of the thinking myself in this company"

• Like 2

Just had the Tech guy from my condo who organises the satellite TV collect my True box. He told me that Thais aren't interested in getting it until much nearer the football season. This is due to the fact that Nat Geo, Fox Movies etc.... are being sourced from outside of Thailand and don't carry Thai subtitles. This may change in the future as they may carry some entertainment channels from TRUE. Couldn't care less tbh, as long as commentary is in English for EPL and we retain the PL channel with John Dykes and co. The witty Mickey Owen is joining them next season! clap2.gif