True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had the Tech guy from my condo who organises the satellite TV collect my True box. He told me that Thais aren't interested in getting it until much nearer the football season. This is due to the fact that Nat Geo, Fox Movies etc.... are being sourced from outside of Thailand and don't carry Thai subtitles. This may change in the future as they may carry some entertainment channels from TRUE. Couldn't care less tbh, as long as commentary is in English for EPL and we retain the PL channel with John Dykes and co. The witty Mickey Owen is joining them next season! clap2.gif

Will he be sitting alongside Mr personality himself Alan Curbishley? Those 2 together in the same room would have anyone reaching for a razor...

Hi everyone!

Just been to my local True store (in Phuket) and it was a hive of activity! I have never seen so many bodies in there and there was a lot of returned equipment and a large pile of cancellation forms!! There was a foreigner and Thai cancelling their True subscriptions as I was there too. I asked the staff (who were always really good) if this had been a busy day for them. They told me that every day for the past few weeks there had been numerous cancellations every day.

I reckon this will be the norm in many stores up and down the country and True will be hit hard by this. I myself downgraded from the Gold + HD package to the SuperEntertainment package just for the coming month until I find out what is happening. The likelihood will be a total cancellation at the end of June but I would rather hold on to my True box/dish/account etc until I know what is happening for sure with the football.

Anyway, just thought I would share my experience. Have a good weekend all. Cheers,

Emubob

Are you really that desperate to save some money just for one month??

I find that incredible. Are you a noodle eater?

I've done exactly the same as emubob. I have taken this course of action because I do not want to give True MY money, for a package that isn't worth it.

I see people are still bashing True as they close the door on them. Yes - you can certainly criticise their service response time and I understand some people had trouble getting their magazine. However I shall not be celebrating their departure - I thought 1600 baht for the Gold package and every EPL game available plus Champions League and UEL was exceptional value just for that cover alone and I doubt we will see such comprehensive cover of the English (and Welsh) quality teams on a single provider in Thailand in a good number of years.

As a reminder to some who accuse it of being a rip-off, I've said it before on here but its worth repeating that Sky in the UK costs 50 quid a month and has significantly less comprehensive cover of the big teams (top 20 - yes even West Ham is a 'big team' in my book!) than True did. Of course you can fill in if you are present in the UK by actually going to the games at a cost of 25 to 120 quid a pop :-)

Agreed. The thing is not having the PL is a game changer...what was before good value for EVERY PL game now does become a rip without the PL. IMO the only people that will keep the gold/platinum packages are the ones who are not fussed about money (you won't find any of them on here mind) and are just too lazy to cancel it.

And oi! I'm a West Ham fan...the mighty Hammers!

Or maybe somebody thats not interested in football

Hi everyone!

Just been to my local True store (in Phuket) and it was a hive of activity! I have never seen so many bodies in there and there was a lot of returned equipment and a large pile of cancellation forms!! There was a foreigner and Thai cancelling their True subscriptions as I was there too. I asked the staff (who were always really good) if this had been a busy day for them. They told me that every day for the past few weeks there had been numerous cancellations every day.

I reckon this will be the norm in many stores up and down the country and True will be hit hard by this. I myself downgraded from the Gold + HD package to the SuperEntertainment package just for the coming month until I find out what is happening. The likelihood will be a total cancellation at the end of June but I would rather hold on to my True box/dish/account etc until I know what is happening for sure with the football.

Anyway, just thought I would share my experience. Have a good weekend all. Cheers,

Emubob

I've done exactly the same as emubob. I have taken this course of action because I do not want to give True MY money, for a package that isn't worth it.

So do you do this every summer during the close season?

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Emubob

What is wrong with saving a few bob? we are not all millionaires like you wink.png

Hi everyone!

Emubob

Yes,I've done it a few times when I'm here and not in England,Loads'.

Penny pincher and proud of it. I can honestly say that in all the years I've been here I've never known anyone to go to that bother, downgrading for a couple of months just to save a few baht. Out of interest how much do you live on per month, 30k?

Penny pincher and proud of it. I can honestly say that in all the years I've been here I've never known anyone to go to that bother, downgrading for a couple of months just to save a few baht. Out of interest how much do you live on per month, 30k?

It works out at a saving of 1000 baht a month. I live on 500 baht a month,live in shoe box in middle t' road and have noodles coming out of my lugholes.

It works out at a saving of 1000 baht a month. I live on 500 baht a month,live in shoe box in middle t' road and have noodles coming out of my lugholes.

You should come down to Pattaya, there's this invention called the baht bus, you can sit on it all day if you want and enjoy all the delights that Pattaya offers all for only 10 baht. It's most convenient, as long as you don't mind being squashed between a couple of fat smelly Germans of course.

You should come down to Pattaya, there's this invention called the baht bus, you can sit on it all day if you want and enjoy all the delights that Pattaya offers all for only 10 baht. It's most convenient, as long as you don't mind being squashed between a couple of fat smelly Germans of course.

Very tempting but you'll have to give me a better reason to visit that gaff. You appear a man of contradictions,Loads'. All yer 'Ammers supporters I know are destitute and,in an earlier post, you said"the only people that will keep the gold/platinum packages are the ones who are not fussed about money (you can't find any of them on here mind)".

Very tempting but you'll have to give me a better reason to visit that gaff. You appear a man of contradictions,Loads'. All yer 'Ammers supporters I know are destitute and,in an earlier post, you said"the only people that will keep the gold/platinum packages are the ones who are not fussed about money (you can't find any of them on here mind)".

I don't know any West Ham destitutes here....and why do you keep calling me 'loads'?

You not a fan of Pattaya then?

I spoke to truevisions head office yesterday and they confirmed that they won't be

showing any epl football next season, they did say that they would be a chance that they

might negotiate a deal with CTH though from now until August when the season starts.

I still cancelled my subscription, and in the event that they do show epl (which i somehow doubt)

i could simply re-subscribe again in August.

Iam going to downgrade to gold from platinum,,and have the premier league footie off sophon for 900 baht

Why keep true though? CTH will have plenty of other channels as well as the PL.

I alread have sophon so easy to upgrade with epl,got sophon in living room and 2 bedrooms too.This will give me plenty of time to analyse other possible options too.

I spoke to truevisions head office yesterday and they confirmed that they won't be

showing any epl football next season, they did say that they would be a chance that they

might negotiate a deal with CTH though from now until August when the season starts.

I still cancelled my subscription, and in the event that they do show epl (which i somehow doubt)

One of the reasons i am keeping True for a while

No point, best case scenario is they may get a few games, so don't see the point in keeping it when you are guaranteed all 380 games for Bt899 a month with CTH.

No point, best case scenario is they may get a few games, so don't see the point in keeping it when you are guaranteed all 380 games for Bt899 a month with CTH.

Agree, Thaitv get given a few games to and they are free, i gave True away 2 months ago and not regretting it one bit, in fact at the moment i am living without tv as i am so busy and not really bothered turning it on, i have IPM on in both houses in the farm, but in the off season i would rather read a book or surf the net.

But i will get the CTH dish and receiver before the start of the season, and at 899bt for 380 premier league games and 5 Hd channels and a reportedly 120 channels is a bargain in my eyes.

Are you certain the football package will only cost Bt899? I phoned their main customer service number yesterday and was told the price wouldn't be set until the 4th June.

Are you certain the football package will only cost Bt899? I phoned their main customer service number yesterday and was told the price wouldn't be set until the 4th June.

I'm just going by what blue said.

Towards the end of last season Sophon Cable managed to show a fair number of EPL matches so, having cancelled my True subscription some time ago I won't rushing out to sign up for whatever comes along next season until I've seen what Sophon have to offer. Never watch anything else on the TV apart from stuff I have downloaded through the computer so whatever deal True or CTH might come up with I don't feel it will be worth the money.

Aah, used to dream of living in shoe box, when I were young I used to get up in the morning half an hour before I went to bed.............shoebox?........luxury and you try telling that to the kids of today.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Gents, I don't often ask for this but could we please remain on topic. This thread is about True EPL coverage (or lack of) and what the future options are. Can we stick to this and not enter into a discussion of how much money you live on, if you get my drift. thumbsup.gif

Excellent post Mr.B, after all, getting the footie next season means a great deal to us all. smile.png

I hope the CTH sat boxes include a PVR option - or that it's possible to use a dreambox with PVR.

Agreed.

I waited over ten years for a decent PVR system with True, and they finally delivered about six months ago. It's brilliant. It's the only thing that has been stopping me canceling.

Always the same with True. They make one step forward with regards one thing, and then take two steps back at the same time with regards something else. Such a frustrating company. Hopefully CTH will shake things up.

The guy that came and took my equipment away yesterday said 'loads' of people (not just farangs) have cancelled in Chiang Mai due to losing the EPL and the office is struggling with the amount of package downgrades from 2,000 Baht to 500 baht appx.......good on them The King of Sports.

• Like 1

The guy that came and took my equipment away yesterday said 'loads' of people (not just farangs) have cancelled in Chiang Mai due to losing the EPL and the office is struggling with the amount of package downgrades from 2,000 Baht to 500 baht appx.......good on them The King of Sports.

It's only by mass amounts of people walking away that shows them what their customers really want. True probably didn't expect a backlash like this just over the EPL and it shows just how little they know about their audience. Maybe, just maybe, it will kick them into action and start negotiations with CTH. Once customers walk, it is always harder to get them back.

• Like 2