True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Thanks Monty i have a Black dish also and the dynasat box but it is mainly Thai and Laos channels are you saying with this big black mesh dish i could maybe get CTH if i buy a decoder from them in the future?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Monty i have a Black dish also and the dynasat box but it is mainly Thai and Laos channels are you saying with this big black mesh dish i could maybe get CTH if i buy a decoder from them in the future?

Yes you could!

Lets face it, without footy True is a waste of time, I think that thousands will cancel their subscriptions with them. Including me!! Never heard of CTH? We live north of Bangkok in Pathum Thani so no chance if cable here. Oh we'll gives me an excuse to go down Gullivers on a Saturday night. Can you get Sky News in Thailand? BBC is awful!!

Can you get Sky News in Thailand? BBC is awful!!

We get Sky news in Saudi and it's just a forever turning reel. Watch 30 minutes and it all repeats itself again. Although I concur with your sentiment about the Beeb, Sky is only a tad better, so don't get too excited.

Latest is that CTH are having difficulty in obtaining the local cable companies not under their umbrella. Companies such as WETV in Chiangmai are standing firm, as CTH are demanding their full customer database, take over billing cycle and take 15-25% of their subscription fees. TRUE apparently are in talks to show some games, but they are unsure if they will, as it depends on the cost and importance of matches offered. If CTH can't do a deal with these other cable operators, then they will have no choice to partner with someone.

Latest is that CTH are having difficulty in obtaining the local cable companies not under their umbrella. Companies such as WETV in Chiangmai are standing firm, as CTH are demanding their full customer database, take over billing cycle and take 15-25% of their subscription fees. TRUE apparently are in talks to show some games, but they are unsure if they will, as it depends on the cost and importance of matches offered. If CTH can't do a deal with these other cable operators, then they will have no choice to partner with someone.

How did such an apparently ill prepared entity as CTH win the battle for the rights ?! Who's the moneybacker for them ? What a joke.bah.gif

From 2010.....

BANGKOK – Oct. 13, 2010 – Cisco today announced that Cable Thai
Holdings, a leading service provider that brings together 300 cable
operators in Thailand, has installed Cisco® end-to-end switched digital video
solutions for a world-class content-delivery system as it gears up for
continued innovation in video and Internet Protocol technologies.

more here from Cisco at that time....

http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/global/asiapac/news/2010/pr_10-13.html

If they are in league with Cisco and they are a consortrium of 300 cable companies, maybe there is hope?

Extract from that article above:

"TrueVisions recently changed its slogan from "King of soccer" to "King of sport" after failing to secure the rights of EPL, Thailand's most watched football league, last November. "Sport is not only football - there are plenty of other kinds of sport [to watch]," said TrueVisions chief commercial officer Ong-ard Prapakamol."

Oh right then Khun Prapakamol. I'll just stop being a football fan and take up watching some Welshman play a Scot at snooker in some hitherto unheard of snooker hall in China, where only about 10 people can be bothered to turn up to watch it live, or some fat imbecilic over-muscled Yanks pretending they are all great soap actors and that wrestling is a real sport. I will really appreciate your HD coverage. Sign me up for another 10 years of True Visions pleaselaugh.png

Bunch of numpties. King of losers and bullshit more like.

True now showing Russian Premier League for all the Russians in Pattaya, Still better than watching Thai Premier League

Will miss true premier league coverage in june when i jump ship and look for other alternatives to watch premier league football.

Trues coverage is excellent and sad i will not have for next seasonsad.png

Will miss true premier league coverage in june when i jump ship and look for other alternatives to watch premier league football.

Trues coverage is excellent and sad i will not have for next seasonsad.png

Yes weve been spoilt for quite a few years now with excellent coverage. It hasn't quite sank in yet that it won't be a simple case of turning on the tv to watch your teams game

Carmine - You're right, I think we have been spoilt. This really is my worst nightmare come true (no pun intended)

I am very confused, this new crowd have paid out huge sums of money to get these rights, but how are they going to start getting their money back? Where are the customers? or is it not as black and white as that?

You say you won't just be able to turn the tv on and watch your team, but why not? Can you not subscribe to this crowd? Will they show every game?

We really do need to start getting some solid info here.

Also, what about the bars? What will they do?

All very confusing and worrying.

I got true so i did not have to drive 20ks into khonkaen to watch in a bar, well we do not have cable here but khonkaen does, so maybye i will be doing the weekend trips again.

Just hope the new rights owners share with someone who can supply coverage to the whole of thailand, if they don't there will be a lot of pissed of thai's and falang alike.

Cable Thai Holding (CTH) is deploying its own core switching network throughout the country to provide up to 500 cable TV channels, some of them high-definition (HD), and other broadband services over fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) connections.This investment will support up to 10 million households nationwide in two to three years, Kittsanan Ngamphathipong, chief executive officer of CTH, said yesterday.

Bit farking silly when they only have a three year contract with the EPL!

How did CTH trick the EPL in obtaining the rights? By the looks of things they will have no way near the amount of subscriptions required to break even. All the other cable companies have basically told CTH to pi@$ off as they don't want to give them their customer database as well as 25% of the subscription rate. I can see True making a comeback here when CTH fail before the season even starts.

How much more was on the table though Chicog?

Everyone will be a loser now....except the EPL....and perhaps even them if coverage is sparse.

Plenty football competition in Asia nowadays.

If you think that's bad, they've sold the Middle East and North Africa rights to a MARKETING company. I have a feeling all the Sheikhs may feel somewhat aggrieved and may not be taking their phone calls, which would put the sh*ts right up them, as if none of them stump up then they are left holding a lemon and I'm left picking up a fairly decent signal from either Sky Italia or BFBS (who don't show Saturday afternoon games).

I think a yank is involved in the sports section of true, more and more American sport is being aired and the English ads for sports are done by an American, if they think they can keep there customer base by replacing the Premier league with basketball grid iron baseball they have another thing coming.

If True show absolutely no PL......anyone up for a mass subscription cancellation at Siam TV?

My missus says she'll miss CNN......yeah right 1,750 a month for CNN......dream on dear.

I will be cancelling true soon after premier league over, agree the cost is not worth it for the few channels i watch other than sport, and week day nights are hijacked by the Thai soapy'sbiggrin.png which are free anyhow.

If True show absolutely no PL......anyone up for a mass subscription cancellation at Siam TV?

My missus says she'll miss CNN......yeah right 1,750 a month for CNN......dream on dear.

I will be cancelling true soon after premier league over, agree the cost is not worth it for the few channels i watch other than sport, and week day nights are hijacked by the Thai soapy'sbiggrin.png which are free anyhow.

Shame on you nev, whoever pays the subscription owns the remote. biggrin.png

I banish her to the other house on the farm where her mum and kids live to watch her thai stuff if there is something i want to watch, sometimes i like the thai soapys too good eye candywink.png

I banish her to the other house on the farm where her mum and kids live to watch her thai stuff if there is something i want to watch, sometimes i like the thai soapys too good eye candywink.png

Gone up a few notches in my esteem nev. laugh.png