True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone will be cancelling their subscription Monday 20th May. It is too expensive to keep going over the summer especially when they show garbage. Wimbledon I can watch online for the odd match. The Lions tour I can watch in a pub. They don't show cricket anyway.

I will keep True for my 3 year old as he loves Disney Junior Channel at 150bt per month,

Just hope CTH can get cable out to where I live in Pathum Thani before ext season.

So do we know where you will able to get CTH? I live in Pattaya on the darkside.

Also will you be able to have both true and CTH hooked up at the same time, if I decide to retain true?

And how much a month will it be for CTH approx, and what other channels will they have apart from the 8 sports channels?

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

My true is gone today, doing reno's on the house, they want 500 baht to relocate the dish and in 10 days time we move into the other house on the farm where i have just added on a new room, they then want another 500 baht to move the dish, then when we have lifted the main house and built underneath they want another 500 baht to move the dish back, so as they look like not covering premier league again it is not worth me paying.

Why you didn't do it yourself?

Workers moved the dish, so i put it back up myself in a different position put in password and after umpteen attempts no decent signal and 3 days frustration gave up and called true.

Also will you be able to have both true and CTH hooked up at the same time, if I decide to retain true?

Cheers.

Not according to my local satellite shop who insisted that there was no such thing as a cable splitter, to put signals from one source through two diferent boxes (or in your case, potentially, two different sources/boxes into one TV input if thas all you have. My wife also agreed that what I was trying to do was impossible. ["Thailand not the same as European people teelak"]. Bought one from the UK and impressed her with my voodoo magic!

You can buy cheap cable splitters in Big C now. I guess we can thank GMM boxes for that.

PS True seem to be trying to withdraw their EPL service pixel by pixel.

Dont know what the reception has been like where you are but in southern SiSaket it has been rubbish in the last two weeks. Atmospherics I think but much more constant bad reception now than in the storm-clouded rainy season. It's a case of guess where the ball went next, every 5 seconds!

Edited by SantiSuk

........ Also will you be able to have both true and CTH hooked up at the same time, if I decide to retain true?........ Cheers.Not according to my local satellite shop who insisted that there was no such thing as a cable splitter, to put signals from one source through two diferent boxes (or in your case, potentially, two different sources/boxes into one TV input if thas all you have. My wife also agreed that what I was trying to do was impossible. ["Thailand not the same as European people teelak"]. Bought one from the UK and impressed her with my voodoo magic!You can buy cheap cable splitters in Big C now. I guess we can thank GMM boxes for that.

If you have two sources why would you need a splitter?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cheers.

Not according to my local satellite shop who insisted that there was no such thing as a cable splitter, to put signals from one source through two diferent boxes (or in your case, potentially, two different sources/boxes into one TV input if thas all you have. My wife also agreed that what I was trying to do was impossible. ["Thailand not the same as European people teelak"]. Bought one from the UK and impressed her with my voodoo magic!

You can buy cheap cable splitters in Big C now. I guess we can thank GMM boxes for that.

Dont know what the reception has been like where you are but in southern SiSaket it has been rubbish in the last two weeks. Atmospherics I think but much more constant bad reception now than in the storm-clouded rainy season. It's a case of guess where the ball went next, every 5 seconds!

You need a degree in engineering to understand that.

On your other point, straight after the QPR game last night the football went off air when there was an hour left to show womans tennis, that has never happened before.

The only thing I am clear on is that this is going to be a mess.

hotandhumid, on 08 Apr 2013 - 12:14, said:

SantiSuk, on 08 Apr 2013 - 09:23, said:

hotandhumid, on 21 Mar 2013 - 13:53, said:

Cheers.

You need a degree in engineering to understand that.

On your other point, straight after the QPR game last night the football went off air when there was an hour left to show womans tennis, that has never happened before.

The only thing I am clear on is that this is going to be a mess.

Instead of spending time bullshitting about how the loss of EPL will not hurt them, perhaps True execs should spend time a bit more creatively thinking about alternatives like buying repeat rights from CTH. Some of us who find some utility from other True channels but nowhere near 1,700 bahts worth of utility might be tempted to keep their boxes.

[Chicog - yes you are right - feeds out of TV boxes to TVs are usually HDMI or Component (multicolour), rather than coax. So you might conceivably need an adapter to connect two boxes to the same TV but it would not be what's called a cable splitter which is usually only used to describe coax cable adapters. Back to university to get that engineering degree for me]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My take on this is that there won't be any news until next season's EPL begins

in August, so i'm gonna cancel my subscription as soon as the season ends.

If True do get coverage, then i'll re-subscribe again once i see what the deal is.

If True do get coverage, then i'll re-subscribe again once i see what the deal is.

Probably the most sensible thing to do. If the majority of football watchers do the same, True may get the picture. But I won't hold my breath.

From previous experience with cancelling TRUE it takes 2 months for them to refund your deposit (2,000b) and then in the form of a cheque which takes 3 days to clear the bank which is close to the summer break !!

From previous experience with cancelling TRUE it takes 2 months for them to refund your deposit (2,000b) and then in the form of a cheque which takes 3 days to clear the bank which is close to the summer break !!

This could come back to bite me, but the woman we deal with at True just told us not to pay and when the deposit has run out they will cut it. Sounds an ar5e end way to do things, but after we tried to give a date when we want to end our subscription, this was their response.

This could come back to bite me, but the woman we deal with at True just told us not to pay and when the deposit has run out they will cut it. Sounds an ar5e end way to do things, but after we tried to give a date when we want to end our subscription, this was their response.

But that way they get another 2 months out of you ! unless your cancelling 2 months in advance of course.

I believe that NBC have the rights to screen all live matches of the EPL,and that includes their associated channels like CNBC,which is part of the True package.They don't say how extensive the coverage will be on this channel.

Need to check with wife, how long in advance we must let them know if we cancel True.

Anyone in Khon Kaen?

Is CTH available here, and at what cost?

A CHUM of mine lives in KK and he has the the Premier League (that's Premier league NOT EPL) on ESPN/STAR like we all use to get before true took it away a few years. I would look into that if i were you. I don't know what cable company he uses to get this but he only pays Bt300 a month.

Need to check with wife, how long in advance we must let them know if we cancel True.

Anyone in Khon Kaen?

A CHUM of mine lives in KK and he has the the Premier League (that's Premier league NOT EPL) on ESPN/STAR like we all use to get before true took it away a few years. I would look into that if i were you. I don't know what cable company he uses to get this but he only pays Bt300 a month.

KKTV a cable company but only can get close to the city center, if i was closer i would use but being 22ks out cannot get hope it will arrive here one day.

Edited by nev

Anyone in Khon Kaen?

KKTV a cable company but only can get close to the city center, if i was closer i would use but being 22ks out cannot get hope it will arrive here one day.

That's a pity for you Nev. I was quite jealous when my PAL told me.

I wonder if Paul 'arse the size of a police horse' 'Mase' Masefield is still around talking shit?

I believe that NBC have the rights to screen all live matches of the EPL,and that includes their associated channels like CNBC,which is part of the True package.They don't say how extensive the coverage will be on this channel.

Not going to happen. The only people with rights in Thailand are CTH and anyone they choose to deal with (subject to Premier League approval).

NBC have rights for the USA and that's it.

Edited by Chicog

Anyone in Khon Kaen?

That's a pity for you Nev. I was quite jealous when my PAL told me.

I wonder if Paul 'arse the size of a police horse' 'Mase' Masefield is still around talking shit?

He is still on Star sports and does commentry on asian football, the premier league games you get on kktv come from astro Astro supersport espn and some chinese channels,its not bad but you only have limited games, but normally can watch some of the big games, when i rented an apartment in the city i used to have.

I'm looking for some advise being a BKK rube. I just moved into a condo off Sukhumvit. There is a free cable tv service included, but it is woeful, with only 33 channels (one of which is True1-but with Thai commentary). The question-how to play the CTH future ? My initial gambit is to tough it out for awhile, not take on additional service, and see what happens with CTH. Any other ways to play this ? Can I sign up with True for a limited time and then dump them ?

Thanks for any ideas.

I'm looking for some advise being a BKK rube. I just moved into a condo off Sukhumvit. There is a free cable tv service included, but it is woeful, with only 33 channels (one of which is True1-but with Thai commentary). The question-how to play the CTH future ? My initial gambit is to tough it out for awhile, not take on additional service, and see what happens with CTH. Any other ways to play this ? Can I sign up with True for a limited time and then dump them ?

Thanks for any ideas.

Do you have a spare room? biggrin.png