True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

As has been reported in the press CTH signed the contract with The EPL last week. They will relaunch their brand and start selling EPL packages in June once True's deal expires. I think the risk of blank screens has diminished somewhat, as they have now got the majority of independent cable operators on board now. Only possible fly in the ointment is that the amount of HD channels could be limited initially, as they haven't completed a deal with TOT to use their fibre optic network. Out in the sticks you may have to wait for HD but in major cities I think this won't be a problem. They have rights to all 380 matches. If you want the lot this will be around 800bht max inc entertainment package. It's cheaper if you want less matches. Murdoch is keen to invest in CTH and was present when they signed the deal with The EPL.

BB, what about if you don't have access to the local cable company ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you have excepted defeat for the race for 3rd or 4th, but we will still battle on for you lot and try and beat chelsea in the hope you don't throw away any more silly points.

As has been reported in the press CTH signed the contract with The EPL last week. They will relaunch their brand and start selling EPL packages in June once True's deal expires. I think the risk of blank screens has diminished somewhat, as they have now got the majority of independent cable operators on board now. Only possible fly in the ointment is that the amount of HD channels could be limited initially, as they haven't completed a deal with TOT to use their fibre optic network. Out in the sticks you may have to wait for HD but in major cities I think this won't be a problem. They have rights to all 380 matches. If you want the lot this will be around 800bht max inc entertainment package. It's cheaper if you want less matches. Murdoch is keen to invest in CTH and was present when they signed the deal with The EPL.

Cheers for the info, blue.

One thing, do you know if we will get the English presenters ie John Dykes from the UK as we get on the TSHD2 channel now, or will it be Thai like on the non HD channels at present?

You can change the presenters to English if you press the audio button and choose English.

BB, what about if you don't have access to the local cable company ?

Yes. As far as I know my Bangkok condo has a communal True dish but no cable TV.

One thing, do you know if we will get the English presenters ie John Dykes from the UK as we get on the TSHD2 channel now, or will it be Thai like on the non HD channels at present?

You can change the presenters to English if you press the audio button and choose English.

Not the commentary, the presenters. Some broadcasters take the Premier League TV feed with John Dykes, Andy Townsend, etc. doing pre- and post-match (and half time) analysis. Some do their own thing with their own presenters. Some do both. You won't have much luck with the audio button.

biggrin.png

You have got this so wrong I wouldn't know where to start.

• Like 1

I like this part i cannot wait until june 20, will we be all standing in line outside there shops(if we can find them)just like for the latest i phone.

I just hope they not leave those without cable no access to there premier league football.

• Like 1

I like this part i cannot wait until june 20, will we be all standing in line outside there shops(if we can find them)just like for the latest i phone.

I just hope they not leave those without cable no access to there premier league football.

Why shouldn't they? They bought it to sell cable subscriptions for their participating partners. If I were you I'd check with your local CTH partner.

Mind you I don't see a list anywhere, so maybe you'd be best calling them:

Contact CALL CENTER.

Tel: (662) 401-3333.

A post containing Bangkok Post content has been removed.
Posts quoting it have been edited.

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them.

Why shouldn't they? They bought it to sell cable subscriptions for their participating partners. If I were you I'd check with your local CTH partner.

Contact CALL CENTER.

In khonkaen it will be not a problem as they have cable, but living 22ks out of town we do not have cable and no sign of arriving soon.

Contact CALL CENTER.

In khonkaen it will be not a problem as they have cable, but living 22ks out of town we do not have cable and no sign of arriving soon.

I'm assuming they have the rights to deliver it over the Internet, as Sky do (and Abu Dhabi Sports for that matter). What's your internet connection like?

You have got this so wrong I wouldn't know where to start.

Sorry yes got it wrong match commentary I referred to.

Contact CALL CENTER.

I'm assuming they have the rights to deliver it over the Internet, as Sky do (and Abu Dhabi Sports for that matter). What's your internet connection like?

We are with TOT, and it is hit and miss, but since i put a new line in it has been excellent no drop outs.

Thanks Rijit for the reminder. I have noticed that streaming stuff like youtube is much easier these days. I have tried streaming Bloomberg TV live and that is very poor during the evening hours, but i will check out the football streams.

[Reference is to another EPL/CTH thread that was closed to consolidate commentators onto this one]

How do you get Supersports over here? I've seen it in a few bars and it shows all the football, rugby and cricket, you even get Sky News.

When was the last time you saw it in Thailand? They cut off the global feed when SA hosted the World Cup.

• Like 1

How do you get Supersports over here? I've seen it in a few bars and it shows all the football, rugby and cricket, you even get Sky News.

When was the last time you saw it in Thailand? They cut off the global feed when SA hosted the World Cup.

Seems your living in the past Marty ( must be a scouser ) went off about 5 years ago !

I will cancel my True subscription if they can't supply EPL, it's the only reason I have it. I only turn it on at weekends or for champions league matches.

The current set up using the PVR to record all the HD games works perfectly, I'm definitely going to miss it.

• Like 1

Seems your living in the past Marty ( must be a scouser ) went off about 5 years ago !

Until recently I was living in a cheapo apartment in Lad Phrao. The free cable package had at least two Astro Supersport channels out of Malaysia. Same thing ?

Until recently I was living in a cheapo apartment in Lad Phrao. The free cable package had at least two Astro Supersport channels out of Malaysia. Same thing ?

No, just same name.

Receved this months True Magazine....from its non featured EPL content,I would guess that True have given up on the EPL for the future.

Kings of sport maybe,but without EPL content ,time to be dethroned.

So, no need in the future to continue with my platinum package with True.

Receved this months True Magazine....from its non featured EPL content,I would guess that True have given up on the EPL for the future.

Kings of sport maybe,but without EPL content ,time to be dethroned.

So, no need in the future to continue with my platinum package with True.

You actually receive a magazine. You are priviliged.

I will cancel my True subscription if they can't supply EPL, it's the only reason I have it. I only turn it on at weekends or for champions league matches.

The current set up using the PVR to record all the HD games works perfectly, I'm definitely going to miss it.

Might as well get that cancellation letter ready now then!

I cannot conceive of any earthly business reason why CTH would allow its biggest competitor to buy its way into a package of live games sufficient to prevent that, delicious to them, mass desertion of True Gold pacakage users. Not logical captain.

Maybe there will be some, very restricted number of games, a compromise to paper over the cracks but you and I and our like will find it insufficient to justify the fees.

I have not paid my April bill. I will check out the theory that you can cancel by non-payment on Monday May 20th!

I cannot conceive of any earthly business reason why CTH would allow its biggest competitor to buy its way into a package of live games sufficient to prevent that, delicious to them, mass desertion of True Gold pacakage users. Not logical captain.

To subsidise their purchase.

Let's face it, they can blackmail True into buying the Stokes vs Hulls type games, something is better than nothing.

• Like 1

I will not make a decision on wheter or not I cancel until I find out how much CTH is gonna cost.

Obviously the Premier League (not EPL) is the main reason I have True, but they do also have a lot of other sports I would miss if I cancelled..ie, all 4 golf majors, all 4 tennis majors, six nations rugby, F1, Champions League, etc....also depends on what other sports CTH will offer, I'm assuming it won't JUST be the football...?

It's nigh time these people started making some announcments!

Im guessing in relation to 'the real truth will emerge':

CTH are scared to let you know the limitations of their package and their nationwide coverage

True are scared to lose you

No incentive to mouth off early.

Im guessing in relation to 'the real truth will emerge':

CTH are scared to let you know the limitations of their package and their nationwide coverage

True are scared to lose you

No incentive to mouth off early.

Yea, that sounds true enough.

• Like 1