True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be cancelling True Gold after the final game of the season, then wait and see if they have enough games next season then I will re subscribe to True Gold again.

I believe you can put your subscription 'on hold' for a certain length of time, not sure if it's one or two months and they just charge 100 baht or so......or they used to. Antone able to clarify or update this further?

It might be worth doing this rather than let them take the whole lot away and then possibly re-sign. Once the EPL situation or any other football screening becomes clearer, either keep it or cancel.

I will be cancelling True Gold after the final game of the season, then wait and see if they have enough games next season then I will re subscribe to True Gold again.

I believe you can put your subscription 'on hold' for a certain length of time, not sure if it's one or two months and they just charge 100 baht or so......or they used to. Antone able to clarify or update this further?

It might be worth doing this rather than let them take the whole lot away and then possibly re-sign. Once the EPL situation or any other football screening becomes clearer, either keep it or cancel.

Yes I have looked at there website and I am now going to downgrade to what they call super entertainment channel you still get true sports 2,5,6,7. for 790 a month

Yes I have looked at there website and I am now going to downgrade to what they call super entertainment channel you still get true sports 2,5,6,7. for 790 a month

I will be cancelling my Truevisions subscription at the end of this month. I have enjoyed the HD coverage of the Premier League and hope it pops up elsewhere, perhaps at a more economical price.

I have one question, what is behind the recent coverage of La Liga matches on the HD Channel? What kind of agreement was worked out between RS and Truevisions? I looked online, but couldn't find any press releases. Any ideas? Perhaps something similar will evolve next season with Truevisions buying the right to show certain EPL matches.

My cono has a communal True Dish and nothing else, no cable. It took them 2 years to install that dish, too.

I am not allowed to "erect" my own dish for some reason.

With that in mind, how can I subscribe to CTH to watch football next season?

Cheers

My cono has a communal True Dish and nothing else, no cable. It took them 2 years to install that dish, too.

Cheers

Find a local Cable provider.

If you cancel true just not pay the bill and let your money run out(2000)deposit, don't do what i did cancel and hope to get money back, i cancelled and had a small amount to pay and was told they will pick the dish up well one month later no sign of true and i bet they charge me another month of rental, and have to wait 2 months to get deposit back, if they not come i will keep the dish and box sod them.

I have thought of doing the same Nev, and I did see someone posting here or in another thread that they had been told by a True Visions staff person that running out your deposit until they decide to switch you off is an acceptable way of cancelling, but Im not prepared to trust that, being a statement that might or might not represent official True Visions policy. I would fear being somehow black-listed; I am not so pi$$ed off with True (seems to me that their content has been well-worth the money*) that I am prepared to 'cut-off-my-nose-to-spite-my-face' and write them off for all time; in particular I don't want my lady to be landed with some kind of defaulter record amongst a small or wide group of utility and service providers.

In preparation for 'default/deemed cancellation' does anyone have any information (that is more than just the oft-used TV 'I can think of something to heresay and I like to have something to say' type of response :-)) about provider blacklists in Thailand. If I tried the trick that is the subject of the proposition mooted here on TV with a Sky bill in the UK I could end up in real trouble with subsequent applications for credit of any kind.

Defaulting your way out of the contract has the downside that you probably give them the option of recording you as a credit defaulter rather than another EPL foot-voter. It also slightly raises the risk of foot-shooting if you want the short-lived satisfaction of telling them what you think about them (as we all do want to do)

*Albeit I am currently discovering that service call requests are treated very poorly - they seem to think that letting a customer hang with unwatchable reception for 10 days is just fine by them (and that's assuming that they do turn up as promised tomorrow!) How about shooting yourself in the foot when you should be ultra-sensitive about getting customer service spot-on; the ba$tards deserve to lose jobssmile.png

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

I have thought of doing the same Nev, and I did see someone posting here or in another thread that they had been told by a True Visions staff person that running out your deposit until they decide to switch you off is an acceptable way of cancelling, but Im not prepared to trust that, being a statement that might or might not represent official True Visions policy. I would fear being somehow black-listed; I am not so pi$$ed off with True (seems to me that their content has been well-worth the money*) that I am prepared to 'cut-off-my-nose-to-spite-my-face' and write them off for all time; in particular I don't want my lady to be landed with some kind of defaulter record amongst a small or wide group of utility and service providers.

In preparation for 'default/deemed cancellation' does anyone have any information (that is more than just the oft-used TV 'I can think of something to heresay and I like to have something to say' type of response :-)) about provider blacklists in Thailand. If I tried the trick that is the subject of the proposition mooted here on TV with a Sky bill in the UK I could end up in real trouble with subsequent applications for credit of any kind.

Defaulting your way out of the contract has the downside that you probably give them the option of recording you as a credit defaulter rather than another EPL foot-voter. It also slightly raises the risk of foot-shooting if you want the short-lived satisfaction of telling them what you think about them (as we all do want to do)

*Albeit I am currently discovering that service call requests are treated very poorly - they seem to think that letting a customer hang with unwatchable reception for 10 days is just fine by them (and that's assuming that they do turn up as promised tomorrow!) How about shooting yourself in the foot when you should be ultra-sensitive about getting customer service spot-on; the ba$tards deserve to lose jobssmile.png

Is Bt2,000.00 really THAT important to you?? Jesus wept.

Cancel your subscription the correct way and I'm sure you will get your deposit back, I did.

Some proper old woman on here.

Cheers

I'm in the same position. Very frustrating.

Cheers

Will a cable provider connect a single room in a huge condo?

Cheers

I'm in the same position. Very frustrating.

Cheers

Will a cable provider connect a single room in a huge condo?

Nope, I've made enquiries.

*Albeit I am currently discovering that service call requests are treated very poorly - they seem to think that letting a customer hang with unwatchable reception for 10 days is just fine by them (and that's assuming that they do turn up as promised tomorrow!) How about shooting yourself in the foot when you should be ultra-sensitive about getting customer service spot-on; the ba$tards deserve to lose jobs:)

Cancel your subscription the correct way and I'm sure you will get your deposit back, I did.

I posted about being told to just not pay by true. We went to the shop to cancel the 'correct way' but were told no, just don't pay. In my earlier post I said it may come back to bite me, but hey. I agree it sounds ridiculous TIT.

*Albeit I am currently discovering that service call requests are treated very poorly - they seem to think that letting a customer hang with unwatchable reception for 10 days is just fine by them (and that's assuming that they do turn up as promised tomorrow!) How about shooting yourself in the foot when you should be ultra-sensitive about getting customer service spot-on; the ba$tards deserve to lose jobs:)

I posted about being told to just not pay by true. We went to the shop to cancel the 'correct way' but were told no, just don't pay. In my earlier post I said it may come back to bite me, but hey. I agree it sounds ridiculous TIT.

Typical Chelsea fan, always believing what he is told 4.gif

• Like 1

It saves the shop doing paperwork, they don't get a cancellation on their records just a non payer and you quite possibly get a black mark. I would not trust them one iota unless you get this in writing. But if you are going to bother with getting it in writing then why not cancel the correct way. It might take 2 months to get your deposit back, but I'm sure you can live with this and you will get it back. No black mark and the lazy buggers should collect the equipment at YOUR convenience.

It's all bait late now,we are moving out on Monday. Back in late February early March is when we told them we don't want it anymore and they have made no interest in getting back the dish or box. Its been the same with 3BB for the Internet. With all the hassles of late with moving and also changing my visa, I gave up trying to do things the correct or logical way. With most of the stuff now done I may get mrs mjj to call true tomorrow - no point in going to the shop - to clear things up.

I have one question, what is behind the recent coverage of La Liga matches on the HD Channel? What kind of agreement was worked out between RS and Truevisions? I looked online, but couldn't find any press releases. Any ideas? Perhaps something similar will evolve next season with Truevisions buying the right to show certain EPL matches.

Yes, La Liga is back on True. Don't know what agreement they have but it looks like when this new channel lineup went on, they add RS Sun channel, it is true channel165. Some matches are on TrueSport HD

Schedule here

http://www.livesoccertv.com/competitions/spain/primera-division/

Slightly off topic, but CTH has secured rights for 24 of fox international channel network, several Nat geo channels, music channels, star world, sky news, fox sports news etc... Seems a better entertainment offer than what true offer. Still looking at 800bht aprx a month for these channels (plus others) and all EPL games.

The price seems to be creeping up, unless you can still buy the EPL package unbundled.

I don't agree BB that the line-up you describe is a better entertainment offer than True, unless you forgot to mention a couple of mainstream movie channels. Still, mustn't harp on. I don't want you to stop posting very useful info in a fit of pique!

So I don't understand why they have kept schtum about it.

Language notes for the non-Brit (and none German)

"Say nothing - especially in circumstances where saying the wrong thing may get you into trouble". Sounds appropriately Yiddish, but is in fact believed to be from the German word for silent

Sorry I meant the only option I see is that is uses an internet connection for video over IP. To roll out a cabled infrastructure nation-wide would take years.

Just a reminder: CTH is like a holding company for the rights. It's up to each individual Cable company to extend their outreach. As far as I know there is no national cable company. Anyone have any other info?

Slightly off topic, but CTH has secured rights for 24 of fox international channel network, several Nat geo channels, music channels, star world, sky news, fox sports news etc... Seems a better entertainment offer than what true offer. Still looking at 800bht aprx a month for these channels (plus others) and all EPL games.

I would LOVE to have Sky News.

Appreciate the updates blue, keep 'em coming!

I would LOVE to have Sky News.

Appreciate the updates blue, keep 'em coming!

You would soon tire of it, it's more repetitive than BBCWS!

Hi guys, CTH has been launched on Vinasat 2 at 131.8°E

11510 V 30000

11548 V 30000
11588 V 30000
11628 V 30000
11669 V 30000
all most 100 channels including 9 HD channels, most of the channels are free to air at the moment. Cheers
204747zcje0150yymemw03.jpg204715rcfxslggcocssfjl.jpg204719jzg8hohxthugurto.jpg
204734klelpwof2zyzytky.jpg
Edited by Lfedty