True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

No idea about 2nd box prices. I'm sure they will have something for this though. Don't think it's gonna be as bigger headache as many predicted about the change of rights. Only slight pain in the arse is Champions league coverage. Some games on Thai TV, but from QF stage onwards these were few and far between. All on at 2am anyhow, so probably not gonna watch too many anyway. If I do, will have to be an internet jobbie. Although fingers crossed WETV in Chiangmai will keep the Vietnam sport channels, as I noticed they showed the bigger games from the K.O stage, instead of Malaga against Porto, which was on Thai TV!

Unlikely that Fox Sports will have the champs league?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True did a 3 year deal for UCL last season, still two seasons to go!

Yes I know, but we won't have true will we, hence why I asked if Fox Sports will broadcast it, as it is available with CTH. I doubt it anyway since it wasn't on fox sports this season and I'm assuming it will be the same feed with CTH.

Won't be on fox sports I think. I don't think CTH have a deal that includes fox sports in there line up yet. 15 channels will be introduced this year. One is fox sports news. Another 9 next year. Perhaps waiting for an exclusivity agreement to run out before they can add this channel. Shame True and CTH can't get together to share EPL and UCL matches.

Won't be on fox sports I think. I don't think CTH have a deal that includes fox sports in there line up yet. 15 channels will be introduced this year. One is fox sports news. Another 9 next year. Perhaps waiting for an exclusivity agreement to run out before they can add this channel. Shame True and CTH can't get together to share EPL and UCL matches.

Well it says here they have fox sports...I don't see the word 'news' http://www.cth.co.th/highlight/sports/

My true has been cancelled for two months now and not missed it one bit, apart from the football there is not much else i need to watch, when i cancelled they was supposed to collect the dish one month later i go in the office and ask why, they say i had not cancelled and have to pay for the month, i say like hell i am not, its been sitting in the garage all that time, 3 days later they managed to trace the girl i spoke to on the phone she confirmed my cancellation so now i get my money back.

Calm down nev.

I am nice and relaxed mate, just waiting for my 2000 baht deposit to come back now, i like true but without premier league football it is just not worth the money now.

My true has been cancelled for two months now and not missed it one bit, apart from the football there is not much else i need to watch, when i cancelled they was supposed to collect the dish one month later i go in the office and ask why, they say i had not cancelled and have to pay for the month, i say like hell i am not, its been sitting in the garage all that time, 3 days later they managed to trace the girl i spoke to on the phone she confirmed my cancellation so now i get my money back.

Calm down nev.

I am nice and relaxed mate, just waiting for my 2000 baht deposit to come back now, i like true but without premier league football it is just not worth the money now.

Agreed. I've cancelled mine now. If CTH can't sort out deployment of their signal to Samui, I'll just have to make do with downloading Match Of The Day on bit-torrent...

Hope the Op (Binnsy) doesn't mind but I thought I'd add a simple poll to this topic.

Isn't the "Never had True Sports package" option irevelent to the question and will make the figs a bit wonky !

On second thoughts Bj perhaps that option is ok biggrin.png

Hope the Op (Binnsy) doesn't mind but I thought I'd add a simple poll to this topic.

Isn't the "Never had True Sports package" option irevelent to the question and will make the figs a bit wonky !

I knew someone would say that biggrin.png

To be honest I didn't put it at first and then I thought someone is bound to say "what about if I've never had it" so I added it later. Any suggestions?

On second thoughts Bj perhaps that option is ok biggrin.png

biggrin.png I see you might have had the same second thoughts as I had.

Calm down nev.

I agree. It will be kind of weird not having true after all these years. They are going to lose millions.

New content CTH-Fox tie up...

CTH yesterday announced a partnership to carry 24 of Fox's channels on its pay-TV platform, starting from next month.

Among the channels covered by the deal are Nat Geo Adventure HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Nat Geo Music, Fox Action Movies, Star Chinese Movie, Channel M, Fox Thai, Fox Crime, FX HD, Starworld, Fox Sports News, Channel V HD, Fox News, Sky News HD and Baby TV.

New content CTH-Fox tie up...

CTH yesterday announced a partnership to carry 24 of Fox's channels on its pay-TV platform, starting from next month.

Among the channels covered by the deal are Nat Geo Adventure HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Nat Geo Music, Fox Action Movies, Star Chinese Movie, Channel M, Fox Thai, Fox Crime, FX HD, Starworld, Fox Sports News, Channel V HD, Fox News, Sky News HD and Baby TV.

Maybe you was right after all as it says here only fox sports news...good to see SKY news there....

TRUE are getting cremated here

Cancelled.

2,000 Baht plus to watch a few movies that we may not have seen before?

Nothing else worth watching.

I won't be far behind but gonna hang on as I want to watch some summer sports, british open, wimbledon etc...although saying that I have access to BBC 1 now..

I would without hesitation cancel, were it not for quite recently having installed PVR on the system which works really well and means that even if only 5% of what they show is of interest, by being able to record that 5% and watch at your leisure, it just about makes it worthwhile. I will however probably downgrade to Bronze package.

My current set-up is 2 Gold packages, costing 2,005 baht pcm (one in main bed and one in lounge) and a free GMM package in my daughters' room.

Current intentions are to drop down to one True 'Super Entertainment Pack', costing 790 baht for the bedroom and hopefully some CTH-inspired satellite package for the lounge. I would love to stick both fingers up to True instead of just one, but I see that the Super Entertainment Pack includes Bloomberg TV (I keep an eye on a financial channel when on my laptop) and True Sport Extra 1 (assuming that is still going to run the rugby channel Setanta).

I discovered that my wife, who prefers to watch TV on the bed, doesn't really watch any Gold channels and there's enough soaps and Thai movie channels to keep her happy with the reduced True package. I watch Bloomberg in the afternoon when she is generally out and the only fight will come whenever there is some rugby in the late evening - she'll have to sleep on the sofa!

For movies - I'll buy DVDs when I visit Sukhumvit and Pratunam, which I do most months. Buy three get two that work and then decide whether you can be @rsed to go back for replacements next day!

For poll: I will not cancel or change my package, Gold HD is great for sportsfan. If upgrade to Platinum, get only ASN more (ok, they have NHL, maybe for that), if downgrade there is nothing to watch.

Yank ?

No, Finn. Football is my game but I will not miss EPL so much that would pay to CTH only for that 800-1000b/month (+ new box?)

Edited by hullupullo

My current set-up is 2 Gold packages, costing 2,005 baht pcm (one in main bed and one in lounge) and a free GMM package in my daughters' room.

Current intentions are to drop down to one True 'Super Entertainment Pack', costing 790 baht for the bedroom and hopefully some CTH-inspired satellite package for the lounge. I would love to stick both fingers up to True instead of just one, but I see that the Super Entertainment Pack includes Bloomberg TV (I keep an eye on a financial channel when on my laptop) and True Sport Extra 1 (assuming that is still going to run the rugby channel Setanta).

I discovered that my wife, who prefers to watch TV on the bed, doesn't really watch any Gold channels and there's enough soaps and Thai movie channels to keep her happy with the reduced True package. I watch Bloomberg in the afternoon when she is generally out and the only fight will come whenever there is some rugby in the late evening - she'll have to sleep on the sofa!

For movies - I'll buy DVDs when I visit Sukhumvit and Pratunam, which I do most months. Buy three get two that work and then decide whether you can be @rsed to go back for replacements next day!

Not a bad idea this. I stand corrected but maybe CTH will have bloomberg? As for the movie channels I won't miss them, I'd say I watch between 0-2 movies a month on true.