Officials To Inspect Business Licenses Of All Foreigner Owned Tourism Businesses In Phuket

george

Time for us "Farlangs" so say goodbye to Thailand and head for greener pastures.

Huh? Exactly why do I need leave TH?

Pease provide us with a list of your top five spots you are suggesting. Please bear in mind:

1. How delightful are the local people?

2. How reasonable is the place to live?

3. How food is the local cuisine?

4. What about the local women? Are they attractive? Open to relationships with foreigners?

It is fine to say you want to leave, but where to?

As for your last reason (women). All than well if you are a sex tourist or prefer the seedier side of Thailand but any decent Thai women wouldn't want want a bar of a farang guy.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for us "Farlangs" so say goodbye to Thailand and head for greener pastures.

Pease provide us with a list of your top five spots you are suggesting. Please bear in mind:

4. What about the local women? Are they attractive? Open to relationships with foreigners?

As for your last reason (women). All than well if you are a sex tourist or prefer the seedier side of Thailand but any decent Thai women wouldn't want want a bar of a farang guy.

What a ..... you are (and completely off topic) he said relationship

Used to go to Phuket years ago but now wont go near the place.

Apparently free enterprise competition=causing trouble, in Thailand.

Exactly. In the US those who please customers the best do the best. Competition, as we know drives excellence. When you have a monopoly you end up with people really not caring about pleasing customers since they cannot go anywhere else.

This is just a greedy power grap attempt that will come back to bite them.

• Like 2

This does not really effect me as I will never go to Phuket again in my life. I despise the place. There is nothing great about it, it is western prices and just a mess in every way.

The Russians have spent to much money on promoting Phuket as a new travel destination to pull out now, there is demand as such. But if the Thais "Attack" the big inbound companies that conduct the charter flights, it wont be hard to move them to another beach & prostition destination.

I understand a certain amount of "national protectionism" exists in most places but the big difference in Thailand is that this is driven by taxi thugs (no pun intended!) whereas it's driven by government organisations / law enforcement agencies in less currupt countries. Instead of "taking their ball away" they should focus on looking after the walking farang atm machines that give them their best hope of making a decent living!

Spoilt, greedy, lazy bully boys, ignorant to how close they are pushing themselves toward a cliff they'll never climb back up!!

• Like 1

plain discrimination if foreigners ,but whats new

should check all business all over thailand than they find the foreign ones are not the main of the trouble

while they are at it make it the hub of company inspections

Apparently free enterprise competition=causing trouble, in Thailand.

Exactly. In the US those who please customers the best do the best. Competition, as we know drives excellence. When you have a monopoly you end up with people really not caring about pleasing customers since they cannot go anywhere else.

This is just a greedy power grap attempt that will come back to bite them.

Sorry the US is not a level playing field. You clearly do not see life as it is.

I am only speculating, but if they push out all the Russian operators, no doubt Russians will not step a foot there, take a large chunk of numbers out of circulation. so who will be protesting then?

No protest. They put the prices up to get the same profit out of the numbers that are still in "circulation."

my no 1 spot remainia[oh my spelling]

Of course this is an issue. When you have well run businesses, run by people who understand the international markets, the concepts of correct and intelligent marketing, and the elements involved in competitive pricing, and customer service, the Thai businesses simply cannot compete. So, when you cannot compete, what do you do? You try to eliminate the competition. But, from what I hear, it was a Thai operator here, who was doing the local trade, So, it seems that the issue is simply the right to overcharge for a service. When the Phuket insects are getting 200 baht for a 1.5km ride, and 1,000 baht for a ride to and from the airport, there is a lot of room for improvement. But, unfortunately, as usual, the authorities do not have the wisdom to see the benefits of service, over extreme profits. Nobody minds a decent profit. Everybody minds extortion. Let us find a scapegoat. Who will lose in the end?mthe tourists who are supporting Thailand's tourism industry.

I think the governor of Phuket might not be aware of how many ex-tourists have blacklisted Phuket on account of the taxi scams, including this one.......Once bitten, twice shy.

I don't think there is a need to leave Thailand - just Phuket. Phuket is just not "user friendly" anymore. It's getting more difficult to keep the mafia's hands out of your pockets and the infastructure here is failing.

Basically, everything is put together cheaply, but a premium price is charged, and in some cases, a rip off price is charged.

I have always said on this forum I am looking at alternatives to Phuket. If the island keeps heading in the direction it is, the day will come for me to leave. For me, there are the following, and not in any particular order, to consider.

1) Pattaya - the same as Phuket, just more user friendly and with better infastructure.

2) Chiang Mai - Thailand's second biggest city. Great infastructure and affordability. I would get a cheap AirAsia flight to the beach every couple of months.

3) Nha Trang - Vietnam - great beach, extremely affordable, well connected airport.

4) Sihanoukville - Cambodia - is Cambodia's beach holiday destination and has come on a lot in the last few years.

5) Bali - Indonesian - has always had the infastructure and beaches. Bali is back in full swing since the bombings.

6) Hua Hin - haven't been there for a while, but there must be a reason why a lot of expats are moving there, particularly Germans and Scandi's, many of these orgininally from Phuket. I will check the place out again soon.

7) Langkawi - Malaysia - very quiet little tropical island. No real nightlife. A place to go when you are in your twilight years. No for me just yet - possibly in the future.

8) Myanmar/Burma - was there when it was under military rule. Burma is way behind the rest of South East Asia, but it wlll not be long before some of their little islands have bungalows on the sand with crystal blue water meters from your door. Then, bars will pop up, satelite TV, internet etc. It will be everything Phuket used to be.

9) Phu Quoc Island - Vietnam - a beautiful island which now has a new airport. http://discoverphuqu...outphuquoc.html This place is near the top of my list. Keep your eye on this place. You will be hearing more about it in the future.

Also, many of the places I have listed offer better visas, and in the case of Langkawi, better foreign ownership of land and in the case of Cambodia, for a $25US business visa, you can work. That's right, you can serve a beer in your own bar. smile.png

I would be happy to hear of any other places I should consider.

Phuket is being badly mismanaged at the moment - I will not put up with it forever. I still enjoy Phuket, and hope for some positve change in the future, but one must consider their options.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

All these English speakers that can't spell 'foreigner' haha...

Any foreign business owner worth their salt will have the business set up in such a way that it's "apparently" Thai owned or completely legitimate. Like the "Russian" massage parlours in Kata / Karon Beach last month.

The fact that the language barrier is something that needs to be addressed one way or another. I'm sure the larger hotels and resorts pay top dollar for Thai nationals that can speak a foreign language other than English. Maybe the tour operators and taxi services should be looking to also reward nationals with these language skills. It's probably a problem because those that do make an effort will not stick around... they would be off to greener pasture$ as soon as possible. It's not like the Russians or any other nationality have just arrived. This has been growing for the last generation! (all be it, only just really taken off in the last decade).