Ranger Or Vigo Champ.

kelboy

yet to see a Ranger Songtaow.

Well, there's no such thing as a single cab Ranger.. heh.

That said, you won't see too many Triton, Colorado, Navara or BT-50 Songtheow's either - they're a brand loyal bunch, and judging by the general condition of their rides, I'd say their only real criteria is how easy/cheap their trucks are to fix once completely neglected wink.png

Edited by IMHO

Purely based on second hand values and availability of dealerships Vigo every time. Your never to far from a Toyota dealership if you have problems. Ford are few and far between. The locals consider anything other than Isuzu and Toyota as inferior in my experience.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk[/media] how a Hi Lux Toyota stood up to top gear hammering.

What has Top Gear got to do with buying a new pickup? Top Gear is entertaining but not something to base a purchase on. Dropping a 20 year old old Hilux from a crane, nudging it with a wrecking ball and drowning it in a river has nothing to do with living with the current model Hilux Vigo Champ etc etc.

Ford and Toyota both make a good pickup, the OP should buy the truck he likes and forget the urban myths.

it is calld entertainment my friend. i for one enjoyed the clip, and i am certain i was not alone.

im sorry you have trouble discerning from a serious discussion and tongue in cheek.

I enjoy Top Gear as well, that's why I said it was entertaining.

Perhaps a little humour in your tongue in cheek remarks would make them easier to recognise.

When I saw the new Ranger I knew that I wanted one.

I now have an order of a 2.2 2wd WT since June 2012 and I rather wait another year than getting a bored/outdated Vigo.

You see more and more new Rangers on the road now so I think the Thais likes them too.

Safety is a big issue for me too.

I am by no means against the Toyota's, if the all new Vigo is a winner I might buy one in perhaps 3 years time, who knows.

The old Vigo still is a winner. laugh.png

Joking aside, a new Ford truck pulled up alone side me few weeks back, l had to open the window to make sure the engine rattle was coming from it, it was. I forgot the stop light drags in case l had to tow it somewhere. laugh.png

Edited by transam

When I saw the new Ranger I knew that I wanted one.

I now have an order of a 2.2 2wd WT since June 2012 and I rather wait another year than getting a bored/outdated Vigo.

You see more and more new Rangers on the road now so I think the Thais likes them too.

Safety is a big issue for me too.

I am by no means against the Toyota's, if the all new Vigo is a winner I might buy one in perhaps 3 years time, who knows.

If you don't mind me asking what location did you order your 2.2WT at? what was the delivery time they quoted?

Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking what location did you order your 2.2WT at? what was the delivery time they quoted?

Thanks.

Pattaya.

They never given a delivery date because they were honest enough to say: We don't know..

My wife was offered one a month ago (a cancellation) but I was overseas working and it's a bad idea to get it when I am not there as she knows nothing about vehicles.

Now we are just waiting for the 50% loan to be approved and then we should get it quick (according to the sales lady), well we will see. At least we save 50K bath on it, it's gone up twice since we ordered.

Edited by guzzi850m2