Galaxy Note 10.1 Charging Problem

xoxman

I've bought a Galaxy Note 10.1 last year and everthing was perfect. I could use it all day and never went less than 20% battery. Some weeks ago I did an upgrade to Jelly Beans and since then I have serious battery problems. Battery discharches extremely fast and charges very slow. If I use it it's continously discharging even if it is connected to the charger !!! I have close all Apps and switch off the display in order to get it charged. Went to the Samsung shop and they did another upgrade via Kies. I could charge it 100% just one time. Since then battery is charging just 30% a night (see screenshot). Some google research found that it seems to be a common problem but no solution so far. Anyone with same problem ? Any ideas ?

post-147414-13597915229862_thumb.jpg

Check you have no apps draining the battery

Discharging quickly and slow to charge would imply the battery is being drained by an app. Maybe a Virus.

I have seen problems with a Galaxy S3 that drained the battery in a few hours, due to a rogue app.

It was only cured by a factory reset and then loading in only apps that we knew were OK.

I had exactly the same problem. Before upgrading the OS, I got incredible battery life. The new OS is great, but something is screwy with the battery calibration, or something is draining power. I've been to every forum I could find on this, and there seems to be a consensus that completely discharging the battery, turning the thing completely off and then recharging to 50%, unplugging for an hour, and then charging to 100% is the best solution - something about the OS needing two points of charging reference to accurately measure battery capacity. I tried this numerous times, and while I am getting better results than before, I've accepted that it will never have as good battery life as before. I used to just let it sleep without charging between uses, and opening it up again it would have drained very little. Now that's not the case, as even sleeping the level goes down relatively fast. So now I turn it off between uses if I'm not somewhere I can charge. Annoying, but that way I still get enough battery life to use it pretty much as much as I want, say, on an intercontinental flight. I really wonder what is going on with this, but am not anymore a serious enough geek - tho once I was - to spend the time figuring it out. Wish I could be more help, but anyhow I do sympathize.

What jelly bean update are you on. I have 4.1.1 on my note 10.1. 4.1.2 is not far off i believe. My wifes note 2 has 4.1.2 and charges very fast. Mine seems to have slowed and using more battery too.

Maybe 4.1.2 will fix it.

Cheers.

So far on my...correction, the wife's, Note 10.1 everything is still working fine to include the battery charge and discharge rate. It upgraded from ICS to JB 4.1.1 on 6 Jan 13 via OTA. Link. But I will have to admit I don't get to use it very much...the wife uses it a lot and so far hasn't complained about any battery charge/discharge problems, either before or after the update to JB. The tablet itself is approx 2 months old.

• 2 months later...

I have had this problem. Me and my sister have note 10.1's my charger works but hers doesnt. I dont beleive there is a way to fix it as there is a problem within the charger. You will have to use a different charger to charge your samsung galaxy note even if it only charges at 1/4 of the rate of the normal one.