Phetchabun "city" Nightlife Or Lack Of?

jambco984

What is the script with Phetchabun?

I am with the wife on our anniversary weekend. We are looking to head out for a bite to eat early doors then find somewhere to have a drink.

We are both 28 years old if age matters but open to any ideas for this evening and directions would be appreciated. We are staying at the Kosit Hill Hotel and have transport.

Thank you in advance.

We've previously stayed at Kossit Hill and also had pleasant meals there. There has normally been a group and a DJ for entertainment, but I would regard them more as background music.

Don't normally go to Phetchabun for entertainment - we normally have to generate our own, incl. BBQ's and or dinner parties with an expanding bunch of falang mates and their (Thai) wives - all speak English. It helps that my wife's an excellent cook.

Tonight's too short notice, but would be happy to meet up at our place anytime - you could even call in on the way home from Phet! We're on the 21.

Best regards

R21

• Like 1

We've previously stayed at Kossit Hill and also had pleasant meals there. There has normally been a group and a DJ for entertainment, but I would regard them more as background music.

Don't normally go to Phetchabun for entertainment - we normally have to generate our own, incl. BBQ's and or dinner parties with an expanding bunch of falang mates and their (Thai) wives - all speak English. It helps that my wife's an excellent cook.

Tonight's too short notice, but would be happy to meet up at our place anytime - you could even call in on the way home from Phet! We're on the 21.

Best regards

R21

Thanks R21 very nice offer cheers.

Yeah its short notice for anyone to comment also.

Yes the hotel has places and things to do but wanted to find something outside the hotel in the town area if possible.

We are originally from Sukhothai and England but living in Nong Phai at the moment.

Where are you on R21 regards town or area? Would be good to pop in soon. Meet more folks.

Thanks for being so warm and decent. A rare trait sometimes on TV.

Take care

there are a bunch of restaurants around the market, especially around the canal. i think its called nam yao, but im not sure. anyway, in thai nam yao means just long water, so if you ask for nam yao with all the restaurants someone should be able to tell you where it is. this area is just 5min drive from kosit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We stay at the Kosit Hills hotel when we're over seeing to our land (5km west of Nong Phai), and usually eat at one of the restaurants near the canal.

The position on Google Earth is - Lat - 16.411750, Long - 101.161789.

Switching it to Google Maps I get the street as Klang Mueang Phattana.

The reception at the hotel will draw you a map of how to get there.

Now I see your post was Feb 2nd, so you've probably been there, done that, by now.

We move to Nong Phai in 2 years, how do we find you?

There's quite a nice (indoor) clean, Thai restaurant now open in Na Chaliang. Ideal for a meal out with the wife/family.

Turn East at the (Siam Commercial Bank) traffic lights and its about the 3rd block down on the right hand side - just a little way after the clinic (LHS) & dentist's (RHS).

It's also very reasonably priced.

Regards

R21

PS May be able to post it on Google maps after tomorrow.