Teva Sandals - Where To Buy

amexpat

Actually, all the Tevas I saw in the night market were fake. At least the Teva mush flip-fops where. I buy mine from Singapore and the US. And while the Tevas in the night market were a convincing looking fake, they did not have the same "feel" as the legit ones from outside of Thailand.

-Mestizo

• 8 years later...

8 year old thread. Tevas are my daily footwear. I used to buy them at night market stalls and my understanding is that these were (mostly) factory rejects from Vietnam. You could get them for as low as 300 Baht depending on their condition. I bought several pair where the seams on the straps were not aligned correctly. Each pair has lasted at least 3 years so it did not seem (pun intended) to affect their wear. I'm still wearing one pair and have one unused pair left.

Time to try Tevas. I have the same experience several times. Top still in good condition, sole pops off after 2 or 3 years. Perhaps not spooging on enough adhesive at the factory? Glue breaks down due to heat stored in hot closets, or other cutting corners in manufacture to maximize profit?

keen2.jpg

On 2/20/2021 at 12:21 AM, Captain Monday said:

Time to try Tevas. I have the same experience several times. Top still in good condition, sole pops off after 2 or 3 years. Perhaps not spooging on enough adhesive at the factory? Glue breaks down due to heat stored in hot closets, or other cutting corners in manufacture to maximize profit?

keen2.jpg

Just reglue them with shoe glue. Happened to mine several times. Eventually bottom soles wear out before the straps and top sole. I did have to replace the velcro a few times

I used to put that special surface on and that wore out and saved the original. Repeat as necessary.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just reglue them with shoe glue. Happened to mine several times. Eventually bottom soles wear out before the straps and top sole. I did have to replace the velcro a few times

I used to put that special surface on and that wore out and saved the original. Repeat as necessary.

Whoever fished them out of the rubbishe-bin at Airport Plaza can trouble them selves with shoe glue. I have had bad luck gluing on a whole sole piece, not like a wear spot on tennis shoes used to patch with Shoe GOO.

Now it is my Ecco casual lace mocs, quite before their time.

I will take them to shoe wallah let him have a go-go at it.

biom.jpg

Edited by Captain Monday

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My last pair of real Tevas fell apart after a few months, really poor so I won't buy them again. Decathlon equivalent are cheaper and much better quality, last pair was 2 years

Are you sure they were real? My Tevas lasted decades, as long as I stopped the soles wearing out and replaced the velcro occasionally.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you sure they were real? My Tevas lasted decades, as long as I stopped the soles wearing out and replaced the velcro occasionally.

First pair lasted years, Second pair bought online from major retailer, soul fell apart after several months but I did wear daily in Thailand, I think real, they probably were using a new factory in Vietnam or somewhere, maybe standards dropped. I contacted their customer service and funny enough I was just out of their warranty period from memory. I buy Decathlon now, less than half the price, last at least twice as long

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2013 at 6:54 PM, CobraSnakeNecktie said:

Teva's I'm not much of a fan but if someone knows where to get Chaco's in Thailand then I am all ears.

Last I really looked only Singapore had them so have been getting mine in the US.

Chaco's now come from china....I was sorely disappointed when mine arrived (via Lazada, from here)...not the original, for sure!