Paroxetine (seroxat)

JuniorExPat

There has been some good advice and information in this thread and thanks for that, I'm sure quite a few people will find it useful.

It's a shame that there seems to be a trend for flame wars developing around here - are we all grumpy old men up north or is there some other reason?

JxP

There has been some good advice and information in this thread and thanks for that, I'm sure quite a few people will find it useful.

It's a shame that there seems to be a trend for flame wars developing around here - are we all grumpy old men up north or is there some other reason?

JxP

Yes, that's sad....I have no idea why some of the members flame and bash all the time; maybe they have nothing else to do, or are, in a way, unhappy with themselves and look towards the world in a negative way?

I really wouldn't know.

LaoPo

Is it the Aum Tea brand that is for sale at Rimping? Actually, what I'm really asking is, is it easy to spot the Jiaogulan tea, is it clearly labelled as such or does it come under another name?

I have never had Aum tea, nor purchased from Rimping. I will PM you directions to the place I buy mine from.

I feel I must stress, I am a customer there only, and will not receive any benifit... :o

thanks p1p, hear from you soon. The Aum brand I am using is clearly labelled as such, sitting in the tea section (at least at the Nawarat branch)

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I'm not an ex-pat, just a depressed backpacker! I was using this topic to try and track down some paroxetine myself, and just wanted to let you know that I eventually found some in the centre of Chang Mai.

Sorry for lack of detail, but the store was called Pharmway (or similar) and was behind MacDonalds in the wee shopping centre next to the night bazaar, maybe someone can add the name of the centre for me, it was my first night in Chang Mai and a little confused!

Major warning though, the paroxetine was real brand GlaxoRobbinBastards ie. Seroxat and cost me 600baht for a strip of 10 20mg tabs. WOW! I thought the NHS was expensive, but all is forgiven!

Hopefully there're other places around where you can buy some knock-off stuff for cheaper. Meantime I'm headed for Oz and I'm going to start toying with some of the alternative approaches mentioned here.

Thanks for the help,

Jo.

I'd recommend Citalopram to anyone who has a serious need to combat depression. It definitely helped me during the 8-9 months I took it. Paroxetine does not have such a good track record as Citalopram if you look more closely at the studies made.

If you are considering taking antidepressants for the first time, it is imperative that you also consult a doctor beforehand. The pharmacists can be very helpful and some do know their stuff - sadly not so with all of them. There are a few potential interactions which can be dangerous.

For example, NO SSRI's should be used in conjunction with substances based on St John's Wort. Use one, or the other, not both at the same time.

I'd recommend Citalopram to anyone who has a serious need to combat depression. It definitely helped me during the 8-9 months I took it. Paroxetine does not have such a good track record as Citalopram if you look more closely at the studies made.

If you are considering taking antidepressants for the first time, it is imperative that you also consult a doctor beforehand. The pharmacists can be very helpful and some do know their stuff - sadly not so with all of them. There are a few potential interactions which can be dangerous.

For example, NO SSRI's should be used in conjunction with substances based on St John's Wort. Use one, or the other, not both at the same time.

i have been on it for years now. practically changed my life for the better. there are no side effects to it (well not much as compared to other drugs such as tricylics) so i'll still be on it for a while till i decide to kick it off. just that its a bit pricy. approx 40 - 45 baht a tablet. heard they have generics made from india but no way of getting them here. it pushes me back 2000 baht a month at least. sad but happy to be on it.