Cheating In Football?

qdinthailand

I wouldnt be at all surprised if some matches are fixed, cheating in one way or another is endemic in football, all the diving, grossly exaggerated pain following a tackle and time wasting is beyond a joke now. Referees dont do anywhere near as much as they should about it, but that may come from on high.

This is nothing new, though maybe the extent of it might be surprising. In a sport where only one goal scored, or not, can be huge, the mobsters and general scum want a play. They did a sloppy job of "cleaning up" the mess in Italy, and FIFA has only very reluctantly addressed all their corruption issues throughout the world. 1zgarz5.gif

Never underestimate greed.

Not acting to play the victim card, but I will, Chelsea Barca semi final a few years back springs to mind.

The most obviously fixed game i've ever seen.thumbsup.gif

I think there are 2 ways of cheating or a combination of both..... 1) Where the referee is bought off, 2) Where members of 1 or both teams are paid off to get a certain result.

I remember a couple of world cups ago.... South Korea. I think they beat Italy or one of the big teams.... the referee was totally biased, and the game was obviously fixed as by getting the hosts to the semi final was Huge. There was just too many decisions that were obviously wrong. More recently there was a Champions League game involving one of the minnows, and one of the bigger teams (I think Ajax). Ajax had to win by about 7 or 8 goals to get through to the next stage, which they duly did!! The goalkeeper was caught on camera smiling and winking as he picked the ball out of the net for the seventh time!!

I think this has been going on for years ( Bruce Grobbelaar!!)

Its not just betting on the outcome of the match. These Asian money markets bet on numbers of corners, 1st Throw in, numbers of red/yellow cards. It would be so easy for one or 2 players to be able to make huge amounts of monies for their 'sponsors' without scoring or conceding goals.

I think people will be surprised by how deep this goes, and I doubt whether the real truth will ever get out. A few sacrificial lambs will be thrown to the lions and the investigation will be completesad.png

I think there are 2 ways of cheating or a combination of both..... 1) Where the referee is bought off, 2) Where members of 1 or both teams are paid off to get a certain result.

I remember a couple of world cups ago.... South Korea. I think they beat Italy or one of the big teams.... the referee was totally biased, and the game was obviously fixed as by getting the hosts to the semi final was Huge. There was just too many decisions that were obviously wrong. More recently there was a Champions League game involving one of the minnows, and one of the bigger teams (I think Ajax). Ajax had to win by about 7 or 8 goals to get through to the next stage, which they duly did!! The goalkeeper was caught on camera smiling and winking as he picked the ball out of the net for the seventh time!!

Its not just betting on the outcome of the match. These Asian money markets bet on numbers of corners, 1st Throw in, numbers of red/yellow cards. It would be so easy for one or 2 players to be able to make huge amounts of monies for their 'sponsors' without scoring or conceding goals.

I think people will be surprised by how deep this goes, and I doubt whether the real truth will ever get out. A few sacrificial lambs will be thrown to the lions and the investigation will be completesad.png

think that was dinamo zagreb vs lyon where lyon won 7-1 and qualified on goal difference ahead of ajax.

supposedly liverpool vs debrecen is under investigation, for agreeing to concede three goals. they hadn't legislated for david ngog. :(

Not acting to play the victim card, but I will, Chelsea Barca semi final a few years back springs to mind.

I agree 100% with your coments and 100% RE BARCA game...post-4641-1156693976.gif

BT

reckon somebody wants to have a little investigation into this egyptian goalkeeper:

http://www.guardian....sses-ball-video

Too right and they should take a look at De Gea aswell! thumbsup.gif

Yet again when somebody starts a thread about a serious problem (almost) everybody responds positively with serious well meaning comments but there's always one t*at who wants to make a stupid, childish, unfounded ABU bashing comment.

Grow up Carmine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sumrit

I agree 100% with your coments and 100% RE BARCA game...post-4641-1156693976.gif

BT

The Barca/chav game was soooo blatent i could not understand why FIFA didn't launch an immediate inquiry. Well i can imagine actually. They sit at the top in terms of football corruption.

The thing about that game is it was so blatent as to be an insult to the intelligence. They even picked a nondescript ref for such a huge cup tie. Disgraceful episode that one was.

reckon somebody wants to have a little investigation into this egyptian goalkeeper:

Yet again when somebody starts a thread about a serious problem (almost) everybody responds positively with serious well meaning comments but there's always one t*at who wants to make a stupid, childish, unfounded ABU bashing comment.

Maybe you should be the one growing or else atleast get a sense of humour you plum.

Why are you in such a bad mood anyway? Has your crop failed?

Edited by carmine

I know someone who was once CEO of one of the big spread bookies. He had a Sri Lankan from a St.Johns Wood address who wanted to bet on Lazio goals in the UEFA Cup - 1/2 million a goal.

A trial was agreed with a stop/loss limit of 50K a goal/2 goals plus or minus. Both games finished 2-0 to Lazio.

They stopped taking his bets and advised everyone else.

I'm guessing the syndicates have lots of front men doing the betting like this, and once they know their position, how much to pay to get the results they want.

And this is going back 20 years.

The referee had a dreadful game in that match and Chelsea were robbed. But the equaliser by Iniesta when Chelsea failed to clear was a superb goal and if it was fixed it came awfully close to failure.

Betting fixes on footy are absolutely rife in asia, if you can Google the english coach based in asia steve derby or darby, well the interview he gave to the bbc last year, saying he more than came across it, tbh,I was v v surprised he wasn't pulled up by fifa, but hey ho.

Quite right. Fergie Time at OT.... blah, blah, blah.

Anyone who's ever been to Manchester knows how time drags there no matter where you are.

Edited by bigbamboo

I wouldnt be at all surprised if some matches are fixed, cheating in one way or another is endemic in football, all the diving, grossly exaggerated pain following a tackle and time wasting is beyond a joke now. Referees dont do anywhere near as much as they should about it, but that may come from on high.

Yes it's true, there is cheating in football. There is a well known club in Scotland who have been liquidated and are now in the Scottish third division partly because of cheating, and it'e not over yet.

Yes it's true, there is cheating in football. There is a well known club in Scotland who have been liquidated and are now in the Scottish third division partly because of cheating, and it'e not over yet.

Thats a very simplified explanation to the problems of Glasgow Rangers.

Are you australian by any chance, Possum? If so, could you confirm the rumours that Lance Armstrong is set to be named your new Minister for Sport?

Are you australian by any chance, Possum? If so, could you confirm the rumours that Lance Armstrong is set to be named your new Minister for Sport?

No Carmine, I'm Scottish, and I've never heard of Lance Armstrong, also I must say I like Austalians, every one I have met I've met I have got on very well with.

No Carmine, I'm Scottish, and I've never heard of Lance Armstrong, also I must say I like Austalians, every one I have met I've met I have got on very well with.

You've seriously never heard of Lance Armstrong? That possibly makes you the most ill informed person in the western hemisphere.

Just for the record, I didn't ask you whether you liked australians and i didn't say i disliked them either.wink.png I merely commented on your ridiculously simplified answere to the Rangers situation

I remember who Lance Armstrong is now Carmine, he was the first man on the moon. Also, the only people I don't like are the French. I know you never asked me, but I thought I'd tell you anyway.

crazy.gif I feel a Python skit coming on.