Cheating In Football?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt be at all surprised if some matches are fixed, cheating in one way or another is endemic in football, all the diving, grossly exaggerated pain following a tackle and time wasting is beyond a joke now. Referees dont do anywhere near as much as they should about it, but that may come from on high.

This is nothing new, though maybe the extent of it might be surprising. In a sport where only one goal scored, or not, can be huge, the mobsters and general scum want a play. They did a sloppy job of "cleaning up" the mess in Italy, and FIFA has only very reluctantly addressed all their corruption issues throughout the world. 1zgarz5.gif

Never underestimate greed.

Not acting to play the victim card, but I will, Chelsea Barca semi final a few years back springs to mind.

The most obviously fixed game i've ever seen.thumbsup.gif

I think there are 2 ways of cheating or a combination of both..... 1) Where the referee is bought off, 2) Where members of 1 or both teams are paid off to get a certain result.

I remember a couple of world cups ago.... South Korea. I think they beat Italy or one of the big teams.... the referee was totally biased, and the game was obviously fixed as by getting the hosts to the semi final was Huge. There was just too many decisions that were obviously wrong. More recently there was a Champions League game involving one of the minnows, and one of the bigger teams (I think Ajax). Ajax had to win by about 7 or 8 goals to get through to the next stage, which they duly did!! The goalkeeper was caught on camera smiling and winking as he picked the ball out of the net for the seventh time!!

I think this has been going on for years ( Bruce Grobbelaar!!)

Its not just betting on the outcome of the match. These Asian money markets bet on numbers of corners, 1st Throw in, numbers of red/yellow cards. It would be so easy for one or 2 players to be able to make huge amounts of monies for their 'sponsors' without scoring or conceding goals.

I think people will be surprised by how deep this goes, and I doubt whether the real truth will ever get out. A few sacrificial lambs will be thrown to the lions and the investigation will be completesad.png

I think there are 2 ways of cheating or a combination of both..... 1) Where the referee is bought off, 2) Where members of 1 or both teams are paid off to get a certain result.

I remember a couple of world cups ago.... South Korea. I think they beat Italy or one of the big teams.... the referee was totally biased, and the game was obviously fixed as by getting the hosts to the semi final was Huge. There was just too many decisions that were obviously wrong. More recently there was a Champions League game involving one of the minnows, and one of the bigger teams (I think Ajax). Ajax had to win by about 7 or 8 goals to get through to the next stage, which they duly did!! The goalkeeper was caught on camera smiling and winking as he picked the ball out of the net for the seventh time!!

Its not just betting on the outcome of the match. These Asian money markets bet on numbers of corners, 1st Throw in, numbers of red/yellow cards. It would be so easy for one or 2 players to be able to make huge amounts of monies for their 'sponsors' without scoring or conceding goals.

I think people will be surprised by how deep this goes, and I doubt whether the real truth will ever get out. A few sacrificial lambs will be thrown to the lions and the investigation will be completesad.png

think that was dinamo zagreb vs lyon where lyon won 7-1 and qualified on goal difference ahead of ajax.

supposedly liverpool vs debrecen is under investigation, for agreeing to concede three goals. they hadn't legislated for david ngog. :(

Never underestimate greed.

Not acting to play the victim card, but I will, Chelsea Barca semi final a few years back springs to mind.

The most obviously fixed game i've ever seen.thumbsup.gif

I agree 100% with your coments and 100% RE BARCA game...post-4641-1156693976.gif

BT