Phuket Police Search For Jet-Ski Operator After Anchor Attack On German Tourist

george

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phuket is a GETTHO and MAFIA TOWN of Thailand

PLEASE ADD PATTAYA - Stopped by police, harrassed even though I have a Thai License, cannot explain their reasons but love to put a ticket in your hand.

This is not justice...just a silly joke and a reflection of law in the hands of legalised thugs. Bribe or pay.... Thais pay out of ignorance of their rights. Frangs have only the right to remain silent Thai amazing treatment by the law!

Edited by alanferdi

Adverse publicity is one of the few things that is taken seriously here. In an age where just about everyone has a camera it should be normal practice to record any scrum-like gathering that looks like a fleecing & post it on youtube/send to media outlets in the victims homeland.

Edited by evadgib

Adverse publicity is one of the few things that is taken seriously here. In an age where just about everyone has a camera it should be normal practice to record any scrum-like gathering that looks like a fleecing & post it on youtube/send to media outlets in the victims homeland.

I guess the fleeing German had neither the camera nor the time to to take pictures. No one seems to understand what is going down in dreams time Phuket

Hey guys, I am over here on Samui where this type of behavior is pretty common. I am curious, since we all live in fear of the evil Thais, what would you do if one ran over your camera equipment narrowly missing your newborn in a basket and then the guy punched you in the face when you complained? Do you say you are sorry for bothering him? If he hits your wife in front of you would you retaliate? This actually happened a year ago here and the tourist just grabbed his family and ran away. I really don't think I could just walk away, even though I probably wouldn't survive it. I suppose that the easy answer is that you would swallow your pride to live another day. The problem is that for the rest of your life every time you looked at your wife you might feel that she was wondering if you would most likely walk away while she was being raped.

Heartening there is another with a mind. I think most are too afraid to say anything and the rest are too comfortable in the paradise they think they are living in.

I guess the fleeing German had neither the camera nor the time to to take pictures. No one seems to understand what is going down in dreams time Phuket

That was my point! Bystanders should record & upload evidence that victim(s) can retrieve from the internet by entering date/time/location into a search engine & scoring a bullseye.

Edited by evadgib

From the youtube comments:

The Jet Ski scam sends a clear message to all Thai people that it is acceptable to intimidate and extort money from innocent tourist. If people can prey on tourist like this in the open daylight and the Thai police wont help, it gives criminals the permission to do whatever they want to anyone they want anytime they feel like it. I have postponed my vacation to Pattaya until I know they have put an end to this criminal extortion activity.

Does anyone remember the Jet ski guy that got smashed by the US marines?

No. Enlighten us.

Trying to find, I think it was in Pattaya - long story short Jet ski owner picked a fight with a Marine - he was on R&R with the rest of his platoon/group - they odds didnt stack up so well for the local, he lost face........ and a few teeth

Sorry, my Mrs is saying it was not US but UK marine - sorry its so vague but was a while ago

if i remember, there was no physical confrontation, it ends with the Royal Marines paying for the damage caused to the jet ski.

Does anyone remember the Jet ski guy that got smashed by the US marines?

No. Enlighten us.

Trying to find, I think it was in Pattaya - long story short Jet ski owner picked a fight with a Marine - he was on R&R with the rest of his platoon/group - they odds didnt stack up so well for the local, he lost face........ and a few teeth

Sorry, my Mrs is saying it was not US but UK marine - sorry its so vague but was a while ago

if i remember, there was no physical confrontation, it ends with the Royal Marines paying for the damage caused to the jet ski.

It was close before a physical. confrontation, and J.J. was showing off his rifle.

I think, the video is part of the 'Big trouble in Thailand' series.

The navy guys did call there superior in, he did the talking.

Actually, I got told, J.J. is luug krueng. So he has a bit more to take care the acceptance of his 'brothers' around.

Loosing face one time would cost him his position in society, not only money!

I wish a had a camera at the beach tonight. The jet ski and speed boat guys were threading the needle with their trucks.jeeps and trailers between people lying on the beach. About a meter on each side. Saw the same guy from the same longtail as before, boat #28 with "Captain Otto" on the side go "kee moho" on some swimmers and divers that he perceived as in his way.

The Jet Ski scam sends a clear message to all Thai people that it is acceptable to intimidate and extort money from innocent tourist. If people can prey on tourist like this in the open daylight and the Thai police wont help, it gives criminals the permission to do whatever they want to anyone they want anytime they feel like it. I have postponed my vacation to Pattaya until I know they have put an end to this criminal extortion activity.

LOL! Not sure why a thread on Phuket has turned into a Pattaya thread now. But... Get a clue! This has been going on for how many years now, idiots still rent jet skis, when they have never driven one, rent motorbikes when they have never ridden one and rent cars when they have never driven in Thailand. People choose to do things here that they would never do in their home country. Yes there are scams, and the scammers can tell who they can scam. Just don't do things you don't know how to do, or you'll pay a higher price than you think... Common sense seems to get left on the airplane coming here.

LOL! Not sure why a thread on Phuket has turned into a Pattaya thread now. But... Get a clue! This has been going on for how many years now, idiots still rent jet skis, when they have never driven one, rent motorbikes when they have never ridden one and rent cars when they have never driven in Thailand. People choose to do things here that they would never do in their home country. Yes there are scams, and the scammers can tell who they can scam. Just don't do things you don't know how to do, or you'll pay a higher price than you think... Common sense seems to get left on the airplane coming here.

I wonder what percentage of people that get scammed actually knew about the scam but took the risk and still hired the jet ski anyway. i would suggest a low percentage. Most have no knowledge the scam exists.

I agree with what you are saying, but it's based on whether the person who got scammed is/was aware the scam existed.

Look how many activities exist on Phuket. Eg. go karting, shooting, jet ski etc etc. How can a tourist be expected to know which activity to stay away from because it is highly likely they will be scammed?

Where I agree with you, for example, the whole world pretty much knows not to fall in love with a Thai bar girl. There's been many books published with horror stories. Yet, guys still keep coming here and losing their savings to bar girls.

Same with drug trafficing - many books on doing time in The Bangkok Hilton, yet, people still try to transport drugs.

However, there's a big difference beween a half hour on a jet ski, whilst on holidays, to "sending money for sick buffalo" and trafficing drugs.

I mean, where could this style of scam start and end? Could hotels say to guests, "You chipped a tile in the bathroom. You pay 10,000 baht." Or, "You use air-conditioner too much and make broken. You pay 10,000 baht." A tourist could potentially be scammed for anything they touch, use, move or look at. The fact that they are not, means they probably were not expecting it from the jet skis either.

I remember the scam being done at Suvarnabhumi Airport a while ago. A tourist would walk into a duty free shop and look at something to buy. They were then arrested for attempting to shoplift (steal) the item. They were taken away and money demanded from them. With a flight home nearing departure, many would just pay the money to finish the nighmare.

The sad thing is, not all tourists know about the jet ski scam, but all the authorities on Phuket know about it, yet they continue to do absolutely nothing about it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what percentage of people that get scammed actually knew about the scam but took the risk and still hired the jet ski anyway. i would suggest a low percentage. Most have no knowledge the scam exists.

I agree with what you are saying, but it's based on whether the person who got scammed is/was aware the scam existed.

Look how many activities exist on Phuket. Eg. go karting, shooting, jet ski etc etc. How can a tourist be expected to know which activity to stay away from because it is highly likely they will be scammed?

Where I agree with you, for example, the whole world pretty much knows not to fall in love with a Thai bar girl. There's been many books published with horror stories. Yet, guys still keep coming here and losing their savings to bar girls.

Same with drug trafficing - many books on doing time in The Bangkok Hilton, yet, people still try to transport drugs.

However, there's a big difference beween a half hour on a jet ski, whilst on holidays, to "sending money for sick buffalo" and trafficing drugs.

I mean, where could this style of scam start and end? Could hotels say to guests, "You chipped a tile in the bathroom. You pay 10,000 baht." Or, "You use air-conditioner too much and make broken. You pay 10,000 baht." A tourist could potentially be scammed for anything they touch, use, move or look at. The fact that they are not, means they probably were not expecting it from the jet skis either.

I remember the scam being done at Suvarnabhumi Airport a while ago. A tourist would walk into a duty free shop and look at something to buy. They were then arrested for attempting to shoplift (steal) the item. They were taken away and money demanded from them. With a flight home nearing departure, many would just pay the money to finish the nighmare.

The sad thing is, not all tourists know about the jet ski scam, but all the authorities on Phuket know about it, yet they continue to do absolutely nothing about it.

It seems you suggest there a high number of people who don't do any type of research about the place they plan to visit then... Oh well. No brain, no headache, until the bill needs to be paid!