Phuket Police Search For Jet-Ski Operator After Anchor Attack On German Tourist

george

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still not realize it, but the tourists make their paycheck on the end of the month. Still thinking they are the king and the customers are the poor people to get money out.......

Sorry your reply doesn't make sense unless I am thick and don't see it

• Like 2

they will wait for the tourists to go home and then bring it to court and throw it out as no witnesses , this has been going on for years and the government still allows it , but if someone puts a funny utube ad about rosetta stone( (how to talk thai when asking for prices for girls) ) the government want to ban it ..

• Like 2

This has been going on for a decade of more. The jet ski operators of Thailand are one of the lowest life forms on the planet. Lower than vermin, or cockroaches. A garden insect has more nobility than these cretons. The police know it, most tourists know it, and there have been countless news shows done on these insects. So, why do they still ply their trade, and steal from foreigners EVERY single day? Because the police allow them to, and only when they get bad press, do they stir into action. Which leads us to believe only one possibility, right? Jet skis should be banned entirely. They destroy the local environment, the operations are mostly criminal, and they are a boil on the face of Thailand.

• Like 2

Seeing as how the police get a cut from every jet ski scam, I don't see this guy getting prosecuted, same as the tuk tuk driver in Kata that attacked an elderly couple in front of many witnesses, went missing for a couple of weeks and then was back with a slap on the wrist due to his "mental instability".

• Like 1

This has been going on for a decade of more. The jet ski operators of Thailand are one of the lowest life forms on the planet. Lower than vermin, or cockroaches. A garden insect has more nobility than these cretons. The police know it, most tourists know it, and there have been countless news shows done on these insects. So, why do they still ply their trade, and steal from foreigners EVERY single day? Because the police allow them to, and only when they get bad press, do they stir into action. Which leads us to believe only one possibility, right? Jet skis should be banned entirely. They destroy the local environment, the operations are mostly criminal, and they are a boil on the face of Thailand.

Wonder how most tourist aren't already aware of the scam and thus avoid the jet skies altogether.

Seeing as how the police get a cut from every jet ski scam, I don't see this guy getting prosecuted, same as the tuk tuk driver in Kata that attacked an elderly couple in front of many witnesses, went missing for a couple of weeks and then was back with a slap on the wrist due to his "mental instability".

If "mental instability" is a defense, then most Phuket tuk tuk/taxi drivers, jet ski operators, and after some recent interactions with them I will now add long tail "captains" can all behave with impunity.

Edited by NomadJoe

C'mon. Give the guy a break. Who hasn't swung an anchor at a German tourist!!!?

LOL! one of the funniest comments on here! but one thing is for sure in all seriousness, why would anyone try to reason with the low life scum like these jet ski operators and similar Thai vendors, they view tourist same as dogs, best to walk away and find a better place to go for your holiday. The corruption and nonsense like this will never change...

Phuket needs to have a new tourist logo: Puket, land of angry locals.(and local in this case means crazy)

The Thais I have met here in the hotel-service industry are from up North or Isaan...certainly not from South Thailand. (Am I showing my prejudice?--It is from experience.)

There are different ways to investigate a case. You can wait in your office and see if someone shows up to tell you about it. Or you can go down on the beach and ask all the tourists. Some of them are there for a week or two, and are therefore likely to have been there both yesterday, today and tomorrow.

For the latter to happen however, someone will have to tell the police where the beach is. For some reason they never seem to patrol on the beach, even though it is well known that it is on the beach or next to the beach that most of Phukets gangsters (jet ski mafia and taxi mafia) hang out and operate (steal, rob and attack) all day every day.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

been great if the german turned on him and kicked 7 bells out him broke his leg or some thing like that teach the little rodent a lesson he could then anooy other tourist for at least 6 months

dont they realise the tourist is there food line

Wish you were right but the German would have had first to deal with the Jet-ski operators mates who would have come running in numbers.If he survived that there would have been hospital bills for thousands for the operators injuries,special surgical procedures and 6 months recuperation without earnings

Then the police can step in and consider all sorts of charges as they come to mind--relevant or not---to the German of course.

After all that the motor-bike hirer would probably jump on the bandwagon [why not,it's a good chance to make a few extra notes],because do not forget our poor friend the German has to now return the bike---- that,s the one with all those new scratches on it,and a broken5000Bt helmet, No,I think you will agree ,he did the right thing---------- Dougal the Kiwi

-------

You know - what a tough call......1st inclination on someone coming at you is avoid/sidestep and then drill the attacker giving him a memory and injuries he won't forget then walk away feeling the isolated incident has been handled..pay for the helmet ...and forget it.

Which might just work if you leave quickly.

But being part of the buffet menu sometimes situations just will not let you do want you want - Beware - always be wary. Understand that the rules we are use to do not apply. We are playing on someone elses court.

We get to play here in which-ever way we like for the most part- but the ground rules belong to the home court advantage - be careful out there.

I do not know how the argument went. A German that wants to get his way is difficult - and angry German can be impossible with or without language difficulty/sun/drink or cause for anger.

NO - I am not bashing German people as I have some in my family tree (German Scotch DON'T get me riled up) seldom if ever happens - fortunately.