Phuket Police Search For Jet-Ski Operator After Anchor Attack On German Tourist

george

Well out of a beach with hundreds of witnesses, I wonder how many will come forward. And of course the Farang will be at fault - as always.

Well, knowing that they might get their name, address, and passport number splashed across newspapers and television screens to make them sitting ducks for making the beach boy lose face.....not many.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been great if the german turned on him and kicked 7 bells out him broke his leg or some thing like that teach the little rodent a lesson he could then anooy other tourist for at least 6 months

dont they realise the tourist is there food line

Then the dirt bag jet ski boy would have taken him to the cleaners and filed a report on him, at which time the police would have bullied the German into paying out an ungodly amount and they would have taken a percent of it.

You can't win in Thailand even if you are trying to defend yourself. You just play the odds until you eventually lose. But the good thing is, unless they kill you it's only money.

One more reason that my last visit to Phuket was in 1995.

So you missed a bit good times.

Was 10 more good years since than,

the hell, special with immense overcrowded roads and crowded all together plus buildings

and building sites everywhere got real bad in the last couple of years! emo12.gif

Apart from its - not so lovely weather - and its very high percentage of the criminal classes - and the danger in just being there - and the super high extra costs of everything - and the rudeness of its touts and the dangers of cross currents off-shore and cross Thais on shore - it is quite a nice place for the foolish to holiday.

I note it is very popular with the Russians now......

been great if the german turned on him and kicked 7 bells out him broke his leg or some thing like that teach the little rodent a lesson he could then anooy other tourist for at least 6 months

dont they realise the tourist is there food line

Never encourage a lone Farang to use any kind of violence towards a Thai. They would end up taking on six or more Thais. When it comes to fighting, Thais are the biggest cowards in the world. Do you think the Jet Ski man would have run at the German without the anchor?

“Do you think the Jet Ski man would have run at the German without the anchor?”

No, of course not and I know this because the sister of Somchai the Brave told me, (through a flood of tears, naturally,) that Somchai, because he’s jai dii, was merely returning the anchor because he thought that Herman had dropped it. Obviously a misunderstanding.

• Like 1

Hey maybe SNL (Saturday Night Live) can make another comedy spoof on travel dangers to Phuket, Thailand. I wonder if they will still ask for an apology from the American Embassy and removal from youtube when it goes viral. That might cause some action from the Thai politicians to keep the Thai image untarnished.

Jet Ski Operater + BIB,I wouldn't think they will be searching for the offender too hard!

And why would they?What can they charge him with? As far as I can tell the complaint was made by the journalist. Maybe he paid the guy to cause trouble. It makes for instant news if things are quiet.

Hey guys, I am over here on Samui where this type of behavior is pretty common. I am curious, since we all live in fear of the evil Thais, what would you do if one ran over your camera equipment narrowly missing your newborn in a basket and then the guy punched you in the face when you complained? Do you say you are sorry for bothering him? If he hits your wife in front of you would you retaliate? This actually happened a year ago here and the tourist just grabbed his family and ran away. I really don't think I could just walk away, even though I probably wouldn't survive it. I suppose that the easy answer is that you would swallow your pride to live another day. The problem is that for the rest of your life every time you looked at your wife you might feel that she was wondering if you would most likely walk away while she was being raped.

Lets see, it took the Police 7 years to find an infamous person who was mostly staying at his own house and attending international hospitals in public, and he was wanted for involvement in murder and corruption, so I am guessing a simple beach boy would be impossible within 15 years to find

Oh, but maybe the boy's father is the local mayor?coffee1.gif

Jet Ski Operater + BIB,I wouldn't think they will be searching for the offender too hard!

And why would they?What can they charge him with? As far as I can tell the complaint was made by the journalist. Maybe he paid the guy to cause trouble. It makes for instant news if things are quiet.

I guess you are not too familiar with the Jet Ski Scam,which has been going on unabated for many years!

Hey guys, I am over here on Samui where this type of behavior is pretty common. I am curious, since we all live in fear of the evil Thais, what would you do if one ran over your camera equipment narrowly missing your newborn in a basket and then the guy punched you in the face when you complained? Do you say you are sorry for bothering him? If he hits your wife in front of you would you retaliate? This actually happened a year ago here and the tourist just grabbed his family and ran away. I really don't think I could just walk away, even though I probably wouldn't survive it. I suppose that the easy answer is that you would swallow your pride to live another day. The problem is that for the rest of your life every time you looked at your wife you might feel that she was wondering if you would most likely walk away while she was being raped.

You beat the punk senseless. Then you walk away before the insect police show up. This way, the punk learns something.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

the only way to stop these rip offs is to stop renting the jet skis imagine these bludgers if no income for even a few days ....i wouldnt rent them for 5 baht a day ...they r blatant scammers .let them starve .... and the handwringers ....piss off

A Thai friend of mine tells me, "never get into a ruckus with a Thai."

"Even if a Thai attacks you, the police would let them go for 50 Baht."

So it's not just foreigners that are still ruining Phuket's reputation? I thought we were always to blame. It probably was the German guys fault for leaving his stuff on the beach, instead of renting a chair!

I don't understand why the German was upset. The boy ran over his helmet so it's proberbly a better fit than before.

UPDATE:

Phuket jet-ski operator nabbed, denies anchor attack

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Police have apprehended the Phuket jet-ski operator who reportedly swung an anchor angrily at the head of a German tourist at Kata Beach on Monday.

Named only as “Mr Buntoon”, age 33, the operator was brought in for questioning by Karon Police yesterday.

"He confessed that he run over the German man’s belongings with the jet-ski trailer and that they argued, but he denied attacking him with an anchor," said Karon Police Superintendent Werawat Juntharavijit.

"He agreed to pay compensation," Col Werawat added.

However, officers are waiting for the German man to return to Karon Police Station so they can lay the matter to rest.

"We are now looking for the German man. The day he came to the police station, he was in a rush. He reported the incident to an officer and left without giving his name. He said he would be back the next day," Col Werawat said.

"The officer searched around Kata Beach and checked with beach vendors there, but none had seen the German man since the incident," he explained.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is urged to contact Karon Police Station at 076-396393, the police colonel said.

“If anyone knows the German man, please tell him to come to Karon Police Station and report the incident,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...tack-20155.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-07

A Thai friend of mine tells me, "never get into a ruckus with a Thai."

"Even if a Thai attacks you, the police would let them go for 50 Baht."

wrong, you have to pay the police since thais always helps each other out,.

This has been going on for a decade of more. The jet ski operators of Thailand are one of the lowest life forms on the planet. Lower than vermin, or cockroaches. A garden insect has more nobility than these cretons. The police know it, most tourists know it, and there have been countless news shows done on these insects. So, why do they still ply their trade, and steal from foreigners EVERY single day? Because the police allow them to, and only when they get bad press, do they stir into action. Which leads us to believe only one possibility, right? Jet skis should be banned entirely. They destroy the local environment, the operations are mostly criminal, and they are a boil on the face of Thailand.

Wonder how most tourist aren't already aware of the scam and thus avoid the jet skies altogether.

The vast majority. The BBC, and many others have created full scale one hour reports on the various scams in Thailand, and they have gotten a lot of attention. The jet ski scam is always on the top of this group. Most know about it. It is only the hapless, uninformed suckers who rent these horrific beasts, from these reptilian scam men, who are all wanna be mafia. The police are in on it, and nothing ever gets done. A little bit of lip service, when it gets into the foreign press. Very little ever changes here. It is the land of lack of progress. The only direction things move in Thailand is backwards, when it comes to servicing the foreigners, or taking care of their responsibilities, as a people. It is a very sad, and rather depressing thought, but the truth is sometimes just that.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

Phuket jet-ski operator nabbed, denies anchor attack

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Police have apprehended the Phuket jet-ski operator who reportedly swung an anchor angrily at the head of a German tourist at Kata Beach on Monday.

Named only as “Mr Buntoon”, age 33, the operator was brought in for questioning by Karon Police yesterday.

"He confessed that he run over the German man’s belongings with the jet-ski trailer and that they argued, but he denied attacking him with an anchor," said Karon Police Superintendent Werawat Juntharavijit.

"He agreed to pay compensation," Col Werawat added.

However, officers are waiting for the German man to return to Karon Police Station so they can lay the matter to rest.

"We are now looking for the German man. The day he came to the police station, he was in a rush. He reported the incident to an officer and left without giving his name. He said he would be back the next day," Col Werawat said.

"The officer searched around Kata Beach and checked with beach vendors there, but none had seen the German man since the incident," he explained.

Anyone who witnessed the incident is urged to contact Karon Police Station at 076-396393, the police colonel said.

“If anyone knows the German man, please tell him to come to Karon Police Station and report the incident,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...tack-20155.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-07

The jet-ski operator have take care of this matter already, no need to investigate anymore about the anchor attack, but instead looking for a missing German in Phuket.

This has been going on for a decade of more. The jet ski operators of Thailand are one of the lowest life forms on the planet. Lower than vermin, or cockroaches. A garden insect has more nobility than these cretons. The police know it, most tourists know it, and there have been countless news shows done on these insects. So, why do they still ply their trade, and steal from foreigners EVERY single day? Because the police allow them to, and only when they get bad press, do they stir into action. Which leads us to believe only one possibility, right? Jet skis should be banned entirely. They destroy the local environment, the operations are mostly criminal, and they are a boil on the face of Thailand.

Banned, that was the plan stipulated in 2004 but as you know the Governors and Circus Major are on the pay list and simply do what they get paid for. i.e.let the Circus run.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/7-year-wait-for-jet-ski-ban-99298.html

Banned, that was the plan stipulated in 2004 but as you know the Governors and Circus Major are on the pay list and simply do what they get paid for. i.e.let the Circus run.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/7-year-wait-for-jet-ski-ban-99298.html

Thank you for that explanation of the circus. Here is a quote of the actual article:

HEADLINES »

More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on google Share on twitter

7-year wait for jet-ski ban

Ads by Google

Visa to UK from Thailand

UK Visa Application for Thai. Proven Success Record. Call Us!

www.siam-legal.com/UK-Visa

Udomsak Usawarangkura, governor of this southern island resort, has threatened to outlaw widely popular jet-ski machines here due to a recent fatal accident. Late last year two European tourists, including a 13-year-old boy, were killed in an accident involving one of the machines. According to Udomsak, all jet skis will be banned from March 1, 2011 onwards when existing licenses will have expired. No new licenses will be issued after that date, he said, adding that any person who rents out a jet ski would then be prosecuted. "If [anyone] continues to rent out jet-skis [after March 1, 2011] they could be in trouble. If there is a fatality, they will be held accountable," said the governor. Currently there are 219 jet skis registered in Phuket. Udomsak urged owners to look for new occupations. "There are many jobs available in Phuket's tourism industry, so there is no reason for them to rely solely on jet-ski rentals," he said. Meanwhile Kritpetch Chaichuay, head of the Phuket Marine Office, told the Phuket Gazette that jet-ski operators were now restricted to five beaches: Patong, Kamala, Kata, Karon and Bang Tao. He added that the coastline along Patong Bay had been divided into five zones according to activity: swimming pens with beach access channels for water craft; water sports; pick-up/drop-off points for seagoing tourists; small-vessel anchorage; large-vessel anchorage. The zones will be strictly enforced during the November-April high season, he said. Other beaches will maintain the current system whereby jet skis will continue to enjoy the run of the entire beach, apart from where pens have been designated for swimming. Kritpetch added that many jet-ski operators remained unaware of the long-term damage to the country's reputation their industry had caused. "Marine Police and Royal Thai Police officers, together with district officials, are working together to inform members of the Phuket Jet-ski Club of the regulations. We are warning them that any violators will be arrested," he said. THE NATION, PHUKET GAZETTE

What can you say? Proof that Thailand is traveling backwards in time.