Top Luxury Condominium Projects In Bangkok For The Rich And The Elite

webfact

Top projects for the rich and the elite

Somluck Srimalee

The Nation

30199569-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The luxury view of The River's penthouse, now Bangkok's most expensive at the price of Bt419,900 per square metre or a total of Bt267 million.

newsjsMost of the top luxury condominiums in Bangkok offering a price of more than Bt400,000 per square metre are located in the central business districts such as Sathorn, Sukhumvit and Rajadamri, according to a survey by The Nation early this week.

They are on both freehold and 30-year leasehold land.

The River at Charoenkrung Road has the highest price in the market for penthouses at Bt419,900 per square metre or worth Bt267.47 million per unit, with 637 square metres space.

The next most expensive is 185 Rajdamri on Rajdamri road that offers a price of Bt414,200 per square metre or worth Bt69 million per penthouse and duplex units, with 169 square metres. This is one of condominiums on Rajdamri Road developed on freehold land.

Sukhothai Residences has a price of Bt408,800 per square metre or worth Bt450.81 million for a penthouse or duplex, with 1,102.78 square metres space.

The Ritz-Carlton Residences Bangkok on Silom-Sathorn Road, with 99 years leasehold, offers a price of Bt356,187 per square metre or Bt480 million per unit for a penthouse, with 1,500 square metres space. It is fourth most expensive penthouse in Bangkok.

Q Langsuan at Soi Langsuan ranks fifth, offering Bt306,212.54 per square metre for a penthouse unit or worth Bt142.54 million per unit, for 465.51 square metres.

Oriental Residence is a leasehold project priced at Bt263,500 per square metre for a penthouse and duplex unit, or Bt77.99 million per unit for 296 square metres.

The Residence at St Regis Bangkok on Rajdamri Road, another leasehold project, carries a price tag of Bt260,000 per square metre for penthouse and duplex units, for 442 square metres, or worth Bt114 million.

The next is Saladaeng Residence that charges Bt247,000 per square metre for a penthouse unit or worth Bt44 million for 182 square metres.

The latest condominium project launched last year is the Magnolias Ratchadamri Boulevard, a leasehold project, offering a price of Bt231,943.38 per square metre or Bt73.27 million per penthouse unit, using 315.90 square metres.

Some of them have succeeded in selling units to both domestic and foreign buyers who have bought either for staying or investment in a luxury condominium, located in the best location of Bangkok, according to CB Richard Ellis (Thailand) research.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-08

• Like 1

Hard to believe that the reporter from the Nation has made such a huge mistake with the address for the most expensive Condominium penthouse at THE RIVER.

The River Condominium is located on the opposite side of the Chaopraya river on Charoennakorn Road, NOT on Charoen Krung Rd.

This means the development is not in Sathorn area but on the opposite side of the river next to the Peninsula Hotel.

• Like 1

If you look down from the tollway coming into BKK from the north between Rangsit and Lat prow there is a bit of swamp land which the Mrs recons is owned by the PM.

It has a notice that they will build luxury residences on that land, with pool, top price only 40mill.

Small change compared to the condos.

Oriental Residence is a [30 year] leasehold project priced at Bt263,500 per square metre for a penthouse and duplex unit, or Bt77.99 million per unit for 296 square metres.

That's 216,639 THB per month than for a unit!

Hard to believe that the reporter from the Nation has made such a huge mistake with the address for the most expensive Condominium penthouse at THE RIVER.

The River Condominium is located on the opposite side of the Chaopraya river on Charoennakorn Road, NOT on Charoen Krung Rd.

This means the development is not in Sathorn area but on the opposite side of the river next to the Peninsula Hotel.

That's it, I'm not gonna buy it. No way, I will cross that stretch of sewage. :(

I wonder what happens when there is a fire in one of these buildings. Is the water supply, let alone water pressure sufficient to feed the sprinkler system? Will there be operating emergency lighting? How will the Bangkok fire department which has not seen new equipment purchases in years respond to such a fire? Do these buildings offer earthquake sustainability? What of the ability to withstand a typhoon with strong winds? I wouldn't be able to stand living in one of those "luxurious" places. I'd rather something safer.

We were looking at a development on Charoen Krung called Meenam Residence next to Asiatique. Decided it was too expensive at about 130,000thb per sq m.

With that kind of money I would buy a large plot of land on an island, build my dream house on it and live happy, care free ever after.

But you'd never be able to own it yourself 100% legally.

• Like 1

We were looking at a development on Charoen Krung called Meenam Residence next to Asiatique. Decided it was too expensive at about 130,000thb per sq m.

With that kind of money I would buy a large plot of land on an island, build my dream house on it and live happy, care free ever after.

Then I'll rent it. 30 years lease sounds good to me smile.png I couldn't care less if I own it legally 100%.

In 30 years time I'll be 83 and ready to sign up for another 30.

Edited by doremifasol

I wonder what happens when there is a fire in one of these buildings. Is the water supply, let alone water pressure sufficient to feed the sprinkler system? Will there be operating emergency lighting? How will the Bangkok fire department which has not seen new equipment purchases in years respond to such a fire? Do these buildings offer earthquake sustainability? What of the ability to withstand a typhoon with strong winds? I wouldn't be able to stand living in one of those "luxurious" places. I'd rather something safer.

Don't worry about that, they haven't even worked out how to get 500 cars and and out of it every day and the subsequent traffic jam associated.

• Like 1

The thousands of tall buildings in Hong Kong don't see effected by their regular annual typhoons. Engineering technology has actually progressed in the last 1000 years, so I'm guessing the building engineers probably used that knowledge in this construction.

Or maybe you are right and you should warn the person that is paying 240 million baht for that penthouse.

I used to live in a condo next to Asiatique. Even I loved that place I had to move out eventually because the traffic became VERY bad especially on weekends.. I remember one time it took me 1.5 hour to cover a distance normally done in 15 minutes.. The retards who planned and approved that entertainment/shopping place apparently never heard about impact studies..

TiT

• Like 1

I worked on this project,there ar 2 towers,the tallest one at 71 floors is 95% sold,from what i saw a lot of farrang owners,maybe come here 3 or 4 times a year and maybe lease it out the rest,some do live there as well,also some high end thais have bought maybe to live or lease out.

The penthouse i believe was bought by a guy from Pakistan,i have been in this unit and it has awsome views,its own swimming pool and takes up half the side of the building and is on 2 levels.

But all these prices are monoply money,but then again i come from london and there,s not too many bargains there either.

whistling.gif i would like to know what percentage of these Condo units are actually OCCUPIED by full time buyers ... and NOT just bought for 'investment" purposes.

Because, in my opinion, and especially at that price level, Bangkok Condo sales are just "smoke and mirrors" and NOT sold at their real value.

But that's just my opinion .... I won't be buying one anyhow.

Put me down for 2 of those please.....will pay for them as soon as i win the "open bid" for what

ever the army/police/government need with the help of my highly places "friends"...

I take one, but only if I have my private swimmingpool....so soon we are neighbors....

I wonder what happens when there is a fire in one of these buildings.

Engineering technology has actually progressed in the last 1000 years

In Thailand?

yes but half the speed....so they are now at the safety standards of the year 1500 in Europe

Could be worse, could be like Dubai: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/photos/dubai-sewage-dumping-row-94262.html

The architectural wonders of Dubai. However, none are hooked up to a sewer system!

What were these people thinking?

An unbelievable amount of sewage is generated by the new high-rises and there is no place to dispose of it.

Camel sense seems about right!

Dubai doesn't have a sewage system for all those big new buildings so they haul it all away in tank trucks.

Look at the number of tank trucks that are waiting to dump their load. This is amazing. They wait for days to dump their load.

You would have thought that by building all those huge skyscrapers they would have enough sense to put in a sufficient sewage system to haul away all that crap.

You would imagine that those building that look amazingly beautiful were built on a well-planned system of utilities. But, that's NOT TRUE!!

Wonder which one is Thaksin's

The River at Charoenkrung Road has the highest price in the market for penthouses at Bt419,900 per square metre or worth Bt267.47 million per unit, with 637 square metres space.

5.5 million GBP - there's either a lot of VERY rich Thai's buying these or more rich foreigners here than I realized.