Top Luxury Condominium Projects In Bangkok For The Rich And The Elite

webfact

I wonder what happens when there is a fire in one of these buildings.

Engineering technology has actually progressed in the last 1000 years

In Thailand?

Yup, tech students in LOS can build their own homemade guns now.

Edited by Payboy

In Thailand?

Yup, tech students in LOS can build their own homemade guns now.

I see. Firearms -- flighting fire with fire. That's good. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

In Thailand?

Exactly.

They can't even install one of those shower water heaters without them electrocuting some hapless soul.

You should all be comparing apples with apples. Caveat emptor - if people with excess folding want to buy properties such as this, don't try to compare it with standard residences. There are always premiums to pay for top floors. The best deals are the one down below the top and usually half the price. Same view, less body corporate fees and same prestige. Some people are simply snobs and want the top floors to impress. I would rather have the top of a 10 floor building in say Sukhumvit 39, traffic and all, at less than a quarter of that price!

Some buildings in Thailand are built with top standards though. Although no one knows if those sprinkler systems would work. It's no different to some dodgy buildings in NYC or London. Everyone knows it's there but no one know if it works.

Usually high condos are not something to worry about in case of fires. Occupied-owners will usually make sure these work. But hotels and malls? These are much scarier.

The River at Charoenkrung Road has the highest price in the market for penthouses at Bt419,900 per square metre or worth Bt267.47 million per unit, with 637 square metres space.

5.5 million GBP - there's either a lot of VERY rich Thai's buying these or more rich foreigners here than I realized.

Neither. The picture of the penthouse looks unoccupied. So no-one has paid anything for it.

And all built by workers from Cambodia and Myanmar who were paid 300 baht a day - Capitalist developer wins again!!

Except it's not true. May have been a few laborers at that wage, but condos of this quality use skilled craftsmen that cost much more than that. Obviously you've never worked on a building project like this.

Nothing at all wrong with capitalism. The world is a richer place for it. You can always move to a poor commie country if you don't like it. But as always, those that complain about capitalism are the ones who are happy to take the rewards of capitalism. No-one is forcing you to live in a capitalist country.

I wonder what happens when there is a fire in one of these buildings. Is the water supply, let alone water pressure sufficient to feed the sprinkler system? Will there be operating emergency lighting? How will the Bangkok fire department which has not seen new equipment purchases in years respond to such a fire? Do these buildings offer earthquake sustainability? What of the ability to withstand a typhoon with strong winds? I wouldn't be able to stand living in one of those "luxurious" places. I'd rather something safer.

Do you really think these properties don't have enough water pressure to supply water to the units? You think these places don't have emergency lighting? Why?

Is your place likely to survive one of the typhoons ( that we don't get here ) better than an upmarket place?

Why would the fire service respond in any differently to a fire in a "luxurious" place?

The River at Charoenkrung Road has the highest price in the market for penthouses at Bt419,900 per square metre or worth Bt267.47 million per unit, with 637 square metres space.

5.5 million GBP - there's either a lot of VERY rich Thai's buying these or more rich foreigners here than I realized.

Neither. The picture of the penthouse looks unoccupied. So no-one has paid anything for it.

Obviously. They wouldn't be marketing it with the owners in it.

None of the pretentious lavish homes in Bangkok ever seem to contain any known art or rarely have a bookcase.

How do you know? Does having "known art" someone more credibility.

Be interested to know what works you have in your home (wouldn't really).

it would seem the comment smacks of bitterness and is is apropos of nothing.

known art indeed

Edited by candypants

Just another poorly written article by a real estate pimp.

Just in case you did not understand : leasehold means you do not own anything.

Thai law does not allow 99 years leasehold contracts.

By the way there is no rule of law in Thailand.

I noticed that little gem. So 3 or 4 mn quid for only 30 years guarantee