' Horse Lasagne' Sparks New British Food Scare

Last time I had horse meat it gave me the trots

... I certainly have no 'Neighhhh' problem with this.. People should perhaps get off their 'high-horses'.... whistling.gif

Maybe Gallop should do a poll on the matter?
  • Like 2
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tesco took out full-page adverts in a number of national newspapers apologising for selling the contaminated beefburgers, and Aldi, Lidl and Iceland also withdrew burgers from sale after they were found to contain horsemeat.

From a couple of those stores finding a beefburger with any meat in it comes as a surprise.

• Like 2

Oh where do i start? whistling.gif

I'll have a double "Mr Ed" burger and fries

I just had a steak and my 1K run turned into several furlongs!

I dont want to beat a dead horse so i'll let others contribute biggrin.png

Bubble and Squeak, Toad in the Hole, Spotted Dick, Bangers and Mash and Hormonally Enhance Horse ... hard to choose which is most likely to cause an adverse reaction. Fortunately the British aren't known for obsessing about hygiene, personal or in food prep, so their stomachs probably have an innate immunity to things like veterinary meds & equine diseases anyway.

This is the same country that brought us the ever popular Bovine spongiform encephalopathy or at least kept it in the news.

Edited by Suradit69

Problem with horse is its pumped more full of ketamine than your average student nightclub.

That means that the Thai government will ban it,

claiming it to be a "date rape meat" cheesy.gif

No matter what the topic

Problem with horse is its pumped more full of ketamine than your average student nightclub.

That means that the Thai government will ban it,

claiming it to be a "date rape meat" cheesy.gif

No matter what the subject matter, including the deplorable standards of food processing in UK, it only takes a few posts before it's twisted into some more Thai bashing ... and as usual the bashing comes totally from the imagination of the unimaginative.

Think we must have a Gallup poll over this. coffee1.gif

Hold your horses... JT beat you to it in post #16... hope that doesn't give you a long face....wai2.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I'll have odds on JT will/has won by a head. laugh.png

Nothing wrong with serving horse so long as the menu includes a rider.

How is it eaten? .... in a creamy canter-lope sauce accompanied by salad with ranch dressing?

Nothing wrong with serving horse so long as the menu includes a rider.

How is it eaten? .... in a creamy canter-lope sauce accompanied by salad with ranch dressing?

Perhaps you would prefer a saddle. smile.png
  • Like 1

I heard a girl from a gogo bar ate one of these burgers

(wait for it........)

Now she feels whorable biggrin.png

On a serious note, I agree theres nothing wrong with horse meat. but if the system cant even guarantee what kind of meat, what can they guarantee regarding its safety?

I recall similar issue in the US, and other areas, so its not a unique occurrence It happens when companies and people put profits above everything else.

I only lived in the U.S. for 60 years, but I have never heard of any store selling hose meat to anyone. It is illegal in the states.