webfact

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horsemeat found in British supermarkets 'may be donkey'

If horse, donkey and cow have never been monitored or seen a vet in their lives, it is highly likely that they would have been diseased as evidence will show. Because Romanians are so poor it is highly likely that the cows slaughtered in Romania have never been checked for CJD , (BSE when transmitted to humans) commonly known as Mad Cow Disease.

The BIG Problem : If cow, horse and donkey have been slaughtered at the same abattoir then minced, CJD will contaminate the abattoir plant, knives, saws, hooks, trolleys, buckets, baskets, containment cages, equipment, tools, cages and just about everything else. If they are mincing meat that equipment will also be contaminated with CJD from the cow. Evidence shows that normal thorough sterilizing methods of anything that comes into CJD does not stop the CJD from spreading. From what I have seen and read hygiene would be the last thing on their minds, especially if you have seen the evidence on how they treat animals all over Romania.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/horsemeat-found-in-british-supermarkets-may-be-donkey-8489030.html

• Like 1

If horse, donkey and cow have never been monitored or seen a vet in their lives, it is highly likely that they would have been diseased as evidence will show. Because Romanians are so poor it is highly likely that the cows slaughtered in Romania have never been checked for CJD , (BSE when transmitted to humans) commonly known as Mad Cow Disease.

The BIG Problem : If cow, horse and donkey have been slaughtered at the same abattoir then minced, CJD will contaminate the abattoir plant, knives, saws, hooks, trolleys, buckets, baskets, containment cages, equipment, tools, cages and just about everything else. If they are mincing meat that equipment will also be contaminated with CJD from the cow. Evidence shows that normal thorough sterilizing methods of anything that comes into CJD does not stop the CJD from spreading. From what I have seen and read hygiene would be the last thing on their minds, especially if you have seen the evidence on how they treat animals all over Romania.

http://www.independe...ey-8489030.html

yorkshire folk would say nay-lad tha dont sell that here sither hee-haw hee-hawcheesy.gif find-us if y can

There's news this morning that slaughter houses in England and Wales have been raided and closed down while they are investigated. That puts a different slant on what we have been told is the source of the horse meat.

Yes i saw that this morning on the BBC, apparently the source is Northern Ireland.

Actually i went for a Big Mac yesterday. The guy serving asked, "Do you want anything on it"? I told him, "OK, i'll have ten pounds each way".

I'll get my coat!

http://www.independe...ey-8489030.html

Gwad! If you tried, you could not make this stuff up! cheesy.gif

Findus lasagnes may have contained horsemeat 'since August'

Findus's beef lasagne may have been contaminated with horsemeat since the summer, Labour MP Tom Watson says.

I wonder......If it had not been for the recent case re burgers how many Augusts would have gone by before The Food Standards Agency in the UK took it's finger out it's backside and discovered horse meat in lasanga?

If horse meat can bypass undetected for 6 months what else are the UK consumers eating they don't know about.?

Can't wait to here what the FSA say about imported hot dogs when they get round to checking them

What else are you eating here in Thailand,that you don't know about,Dogs for a start? or would you rather gaze in wonder at the assorted deep fried stinking insects on display in the unhygenic,fly infested unrefridgerated meat markets? can't wait for Thailand to have their own FSA,they might close down Thailand!

cheesy.gif

"Meanwhile, Romania has denied claims that it was the source of the mislabelling of horsemeat. Bucharest says horsemeat that leaves the country has not been minced, and is labelled as horse."

Wait......

exactly to where are they exporting this "labeled" horse meat?

And are they raising horses specifically for harvesting?

This topic gets curiouser and curiouser.

No objections on eating of horsemeat.

I've eaten venison. (some of my friends hunt), bufflo (catalina isand airport has bufflo burgers), elk (jackson hole, great elk steaks), probably dog (outside the US, my family was poor, nuff said), ect.

Sometimes you eat what you want to, Sometimes you eat what you have to, Sometimes you eat what you can.

I just wasn't aware that there were areas that raised horses to be used as food.

If these horses were not raised as food animals

Then i would be concerned of what conditions the horses were in when they were harvested.

you dont normally put healthy work animals out for harvest.

As i said, curiouser and curiouser

Romania recently passed a new law banning horse drawn carts on public roads. A lot of horses sudddenly became surplus to requirements. The BBC this morning reports that the meat was exported to France correctly labled as horse and that a french company then changed the labeling to beef before sending on to the food processing factories.