Phuket Prepared For Chinese New Year

webfact

Phuket prepared for Chinese New Year

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- The Phuket Provincial Administration Organization (OrBorJor) has prepared an extravagant celebration to ring in the Year of the Water Snake with the arrival of the Chinese New Year.

The celebration is slated to kick off at Sanam Chai (across from Phuket City Hall, map here) at 4pm.

newsjs

“Acrobats from Henan, China will be performing as well as other splendid entertainers,” said Phuket OrBorJor President Paiboon “Pink Panther” Upatising.

“There will also be three sets of firework displays starting at 8:50pm,” he added.

After a variety acrobatic performances and firework displays, Jetrin “J” Wattanasin, a well-known Thai performer, will grace the stage.

“I’m sure this free event will be unforgettable for everyone who attends,” President Paiboon added.

Event Schedule:

4 pm: Food stalls open

6 pm: Six different Chinese-style stage performances, including a snake kung <deleted> performance

7:20pm: Speech by Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut

7:30pm: Acrobats from Henan

8:50pm: Firework displays

9 pm: New Year gift giving

9:15 pm: Jetrin “J” Wattanasin performance

10pm: Singing of the royal anthem

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...Year-20180.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-10

That was one great show! I really enjoyed watching the Chinese acrobats.

Also the fireworks was great. First I thought that the first fireworks show was it, nothing special.. and then after the acrobat show came the main fireworks, which was the way CNY should be celebrated :)