villagefarang

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as the previous post mentioned CM, I assumed that it would

be ok to comment about it.

Obviously not. Although I didn't think commenting about a thread in a

different sub-forum was against the rules.

Think I'll stick to something safe like yogurt.

• Like 2

Yogurt is good for you too.thumbsup.gif

Yogurt is good for you too.thumbsup.gif

As long as it is CHIANG RAI yogurt ! ! !

• Like 2

Post removed - if you want to discuss a CM topic then do it on the CM forum. Thank you.

If somebody wants the opinions of their fellow expats in CR about something relating to CM, where should that be posted?

Post removed - if you want to discuss a CM topic then do it on the CM forum. Thank you.

If somebody wants the opinions of their fellow expats in CR about something relating to CM, where should that be posted?

In the Chiang Mai forum - allows the CM members to air their view.

Chiang Rai was my last port of call as in vacation while I lived in Thailand, I spend at least one night in every province of Thailand, and I can say I ll like to go back to Thailand and live in Chiang rai when I get much older.

To the big old fella, (Dutch I think) That owns the restuarant opposite the liquor shop, I hope you still going very strong.

I love Chiang rai like I loved samui late nineties.

The Dutch restaurant has since closed in downtown Chiang Rai and he has relocated to Bandu, 12 Clicks or so. The restaurant is up and running and the food is still good.

Chiang Rai was my last port of call as in vacation while I lived in Thailand, I spend at least one night in every province of Thailand, and I can say I ll like to go back to Thailand and live in Chiang rai when I get much older.

To the big old fella, (Dutch I think) That owns the restuarant opposite the liquor shop, I hope you still going very strong.

The Dutch restaurant has since closed in downtown Chiang Rai and he has relocated to Bandu, 12 Clicks or so. The restaurant is up and running and the food is still good.

Where in Ban Du???

Where in Ban Du???

Approximately 12 km north of central.

Very fond memories of CR. Many moons ago I had a GF from CR who I would visit on my time off from offshore work. I don't recall the smoke bothering me that much but I can tell you that now here in Singapore it is terrible.

• 1 month later...

Give him my regards if you see him, I don't think I've met him personally and we rarely agreed on the forum but I still wish him well.

Hi Scea

Good to see you back.

I don't/haven't seen Sunny for years but have been following his predicament

on the other CR website.

I know he still checks in on here and am sure he appreciates your wishes.

Edited by Will27

Hi villagefarang I agree with u I like the Chiang rai area , I have alone in Nontaburi and I can wait until the next time I go to Chiang rai, I liked I so much We have land up there also and I hope to retire there in about 2 years wake up looking at the mountains in Laos nice locals good food relax and enjoy.

hi and good morning

maybe i will run into you as i am moving up that way too in the near future.

There you go Pomchop, for some reason I thought you were English.... cool.pnglaugh.png

Without getting too deeply into the quaint rituals of our American cousins the obsession with educational institution sports in the US has always bemused me.

In my high school/college football days in Australia... real football... (AFL)... we rarely saw a spectator. smile.png

what!!! no parents there abusing the umpire... that was real football. only one umpire to umpire the game , he couldn't see what happen when he was at the other end of the ground...

There you go Pomchop, for some reason I thought you were English.... cool.pnglaugh.png

Without getting too deeply into the quaint rituals of our American cousins the obsession with educational institution sports in the US has always bemused me.

In my high school/college football days in Australia... real football... (AFL)... we rarely saw a spectator. smile.png

what!!! no parents there abusing the umpire... that was real football. only one umpire to umpire the game , he couldn't see what happen when he was at the other end of the ground...

You should not have seen a spectator when you were playing sceadugenga....you are supposed to keep your eye on the ball.

Usually on the netball girls who came down to watch us if they finished early, often still wearing their short tunics.

The point is, school sports were played during school hours, weekends we played for our local side in the junior grades.

The first time I encountered these guys on the trail, they came running like they were out for blood. The thing is, I like dogs and they were acting just like my dogs, so I stopped and called them over. They were a bit shy at first but soon got over it. Now they are my friends.

Just a different perspective on wild aggressive “sounding” dogs.wink.png

dogs++001.jpg
  • Like 2

The first time I encountered these guys on the trail, they came running like they were out for blood. The thing is, I like dogs and they were acting just like my dogs, so I stopped and called them over. They were a bit shy at first but soon got over it. Now they are my friends.
Just a different perspective on wild aggressive “sounding” dogs.wink.png
dogs++001.jpg

I did not think our brown dog roamed so far. THat ne is the soitting image of ours. Nice and healthy looking too. a loverly dog.

My father-in-law had this unusual looking dog, like a basset hound/German Shepard cross with fox terrier colouring. (I have photos if anyone wants to doubt).

He used to travel far and wide in the pursuit of the fair sex and we still see what must be his progeny/grand-progeny many miles from the village.

Edited by sceadugenga

My father-in-law had this unusual looking dog, like a basset hound/German Shepard cross with fox terrier colouring. (I have photos if anyone wants to doubt).

He used to travel far and wide in the pursuit of the fair sex and we still see what must be his progeny/grand-progeny many miles from the village.

We have all our cats and dogs, fixed.goof.gif.pagespeed.ce.KJ2oZpgSLm.gif

I always thought the best sports were played indoors and after dark.wink.pngbiggrin.png

Indeed, however you can change the rules and play those sports outside as well so long as the officials are not aware of the rule change.

• Like 1