Maternity Benefit - How To Get 13.000B From Thai Social Security.

manonthemon

Hi,

This one is for the fathers. Insured mothers can get the benefit too and I’m sure it’s in a similar way but this one is from my own experience as a father.

I just received a check for 13.000B from Thai Social Security. If you had a baby recently this is how you can get it.

Conditions:

You must be insured with within the Thai social security scheme for 7 months prior the childbirth - I work for a government school so I pay my monthly social security fee (currently 750B).

You must have a new-born baby - I'm a father of one month old Hana.

Documents:

Signed copies of:

- Your passport,

- Your spouse’s passport (not necessarily wife, just the mother of the child, not necessarily Thai - my GF is form India),

- 2 witnesses passports.

- Complete form from the Social Security office with your signature, the signature of the mother and signatures of two witnesses.

- Original Birth certificate.

- You passport

Procedure:

Take all the documents to your social security office (you can check which one here: http://www.sso.go.th/wpr/eng/contactus.html ). I had to go twice - first to get the form, than come back with the form signed by my GF and the witnesses (this can be anyone - I asked two teachers at my school)

They will help you fill in the forms. Than you wait in line and...get the check. It took me around an hour to finish the whole thing. Really easy!

More on the benefit here

http://www.sso.go.th/wpr/eng/marternity-benefit.html

You can also claim monthly child allowance ( I think It’s around 350B) but to get that you need to be married to the mother.

Hope this helps! I spent A LOT OF MONEY to have my baby in a private hospital in Bangkok so this money is very helpful!

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...