Attorney Denies Norwegian Man Willed Millions Of Baht To Phuket Elderly, Children

Lite Beer

Attorney denies Norwegian man willed millions of baht to Phuket elderly, children

Phuket Gazette -

PHUKET: Police have not been able to find a will to substantiate rumors that a Norwegian man left a portion of his 100-million-baht estate to Phuket foundations for the elderly and for children.

Frank Robert, 52, died on Saturday from pre-existing medical conditions, a Patong Hospital staffer told Patong Police.

newsjs“I have talked to the attorney who will execute Mr Robert’s estate. The attorney confirmed to me that he wasn’t aware of any will,” Patong Police Thawatchai Srimai, the case investigator, told the Phuket Gazette this morning.

“I have no idea how the rumor that the man had willed money to foundations supporting children and elderly in Phuket was started,” Lt Thawatchai confirmed.

Lt Thawatchai explained that the news was having an effect on his team’s investigation. However, he did not elaborate on how.

“We received the report of Mr Robert’s death from his housekeeper on Saturday,” Lt Thawatchai said.

“She had prepared lunch for Mr Robert in his Patong home and then had left to clean another house in the area. When she returned, Mr Robert was dead,” Lt Thwatchai explained

Police found prescription drugs used for heart conditions and asthma in the house. There was no sign of a struggle.

A long-term expat, Mr Roberts travelled frequently between Phuket and Norway, and ran businesses in Phuket for over ten years, Lt Thawatchai said.

“He did not have a Thai wife or relatives here. Police have contacted the Norwegian Embassy in order to contact Mr Robert's family in Norway,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...dren-20188.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-11

I'd known Frank for many years. He was a hard working good hearted man that loved Phuket and the time he spent here. I truly hope that whatever the discrepancies are about his will, and/or the money he wished go to these charities, is sorted out fairly and in the spirit with which he intended for them to be used.

RIP old friend.

• Like 2

I have talked to the attorney who will execute Mr Robert’s estate. The attorney confirmed to me that he wasn’t aware of any will,” Patong Police Thawatchai Srimai, the case investigator, told the Phuket Gazette this morning.

This is why you have you will registered and stored by the Amphur and not an attorney. Who in the world is going to know what an attorney does with your will once you are gone.

Will he change it or just claim that is never existed ? This is Thailand, money number one

• Like 1

So is he still good for 100 million baht ?

I wonder who came up with the idea in the first place.

When I first read about this sad affair I wonder'd how long it would be before there would be a challenge to his so called note found in his room giving his money to charity I would have thought that he would have mentioned this wish to someone we will wait and see what happens now.

I'd known Frank for many years. He was a hard working good hearted man that loved Phuket and the time he spent here. I truly hope that whatever the discrepancies are about his will, and/or the money he wished go to these charities, is sorted out fairly and in the spirit with which he intended for them to be used.

RIP old friend.

Seems to me if he had intended the money go to some in Thailand he would have made a will, especially if he had a heart condition and asthma.

"having an effect on his team’s investigation"......what the hell does that mean???? Now they're getting ready to grab as much as they can.

They are in need of an artist now, who is really good in copying handwriting, methinks.

I have talked to the attorney who will execute Mr Robert’s estate. The attorney confirmed to me that he wasn’t aware of any will,” Patong Police Thawatchai Srimai, the case investigator, told the Phuket Gazette this morning.

This is why you have you will registered and stored by the Amphur and not an attorney. Who in the world is going to know what an attorney does with your will once you are gone.

Will he change it or just claim that is never existed ? This is Thailand, money number one

"Money Number One" by Neil Hutchison.

That's me on the front page. smile.png