Phuket Tourist Carrying Roses Dies In Motorbike Crash

webfact

Phuket tourist carrying roses dies in motorbike crash

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Simon Ashley, a tourist carrying an Australian driver’s license, died when he lost control of his motorbike on one of the sharp curves between Patong and Karon early this morning.

newsjs“A tuk-tuk driver who witnessed the accident said that he saw Mr Ashley leave Soi Bangla in Patong and head towards Karon with a bunch of roses in his left hand. He was driving behind Mr Ashley when the accident occurred,” Karon Police Deputy Superintendent Chana Suttimard told the Phuket Gazette today.

Police were notified of the accident at about 2:30am. When they arrived at the scene, they found the body of Mr Ashley, 33, on the side of the road.

“During the initial investigation, we could not smell alcohol on him, but we have sent his body to Patong hospital to be examined,” Col Chana said.

Not far from Mr Ashley’s body, police found his motorbike, helmet and a bouquet of roses.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...rash-20196.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-12

No helmet ? Thai roads are dangerous , specially at night. RIP

last line of posted story says

Not far from Mr Ashley’s body, police found his motorbike, helmet and a bouquet of roses.

May he R.I.P sad really its getting to be a daily occurance

A dangerous road at night.

RIP

There's no such thing as a dangerous road, just people who drive carelessly.

RIP

Some roads here are "dangerous" for getting kicked off your motorbike and robbed. I'm not saying this was the case in this accident, although, how would we ever know if it was? It's not lik a tuk-tuk driver is a credible witness.

Also, some roads are dangerous due to the many drunk tourists using them, especially in high seaso

Anyway, some roads here are dangerous for reasons other than the road surface and conditions.

Edited by NamKangMan

No helmet ? Thai roads are dangerous , specially at night. RIP

last line of posted story says

May he R.I.P sad really its getting to be a daily occurance

Last year was a terrible year for road deaths on Phuket. It was just about a daily occurence in 2012. It looks like 2013 will follow the same trend.

The below news source states he was American, but a permanent resident of Australia.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/02/12/11/47/man-with-australian-licence-dies-in-phuket

Vehicles are the single largest preventable cause of death and injury in the industrialized world for ages 6months thru 28years. Greater than all other causes combined.

What is your source for this information?

I would have thought alcohol and tobbaco are the biggest killers, globally.

Vehicles are the single largest preventable cause of death and injury in the industrialized world for ages 6months thru 28years. Greater than all other causes combined.

Read the sentence you quoted, again.

Read the sentence you quoted, again.

Apologies. After re-reading the post, I understand what the member is stating.