Norwegian Faces Death Penalty In Thailand – Wife Found In Dumpster

webfact

First he claimed she hit her head against a wall during an arguement, then, he changed his story and claimed she fell down the stairs.

He couldn't risk her body being found as the seven properties that he got rental incomes from were in her name. If the body was found, her children would have inherited the properties and his income stream would end.

I reckon he murdered her in a jealous rage when she refused to get back with him. Reckon she threatened to take the properties away.

Poirot returns. coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As per normal the headline is designed to grab your attention. I suppose technically he could get the death penalty but I seriously doubt it. More likely a sentence based on something like accidentally causing death as it will be pretty difficult to prove premeditated murder. Even if sentenced to jail he could be free on bail while waiting on appeal. Who knows in a country where policemen are sentenced to death & then allowed bail.

First he claimed she hit her head against a wall during an arguement, then, he changed his story and claimed she fell down the stairs.

He couldn't risk her body being found as the seven properties that he got rental incomes from were in her name. If the body was found, her children would have inherited the properties and his income stream would end.

I reckon he murdered her in a jealous rage when she refused to get back with him. Reckon she threatened to take the properties away.

Ahh, Dokset's lone defender returns. When the case originally broke and the thread on TV started you defended him, but, you were wrong when he finally admitted his guilt at hiding the body. Short memory?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

He had managed to hide the body for over two years until the maid noticed strange smells around the house and the police raided the villa.

Do the journalists actually believe the stuff they are fed, or do they just have no choice but to report it the way the police tell them? haha If this was a week after she was killed, ok... but two years and she is just now starting to smell things? Riiiiiiiight. The maid must've wanted more blackmail money, or the police, or both?

yes a bit strange

Don't believe they ever executed a westerner in Thailand, or am I wrong?

I don't know, but if so, it wouldn't hurt if he got the chop. The arrogance and complacency of some Westerners needs to be met with a clear message.

My, aren't we bloodthirsty. Since when have arrogance and complacency been capital offenses. What if it was an accident?

• Like 1

Being guilty of killing her is not the same as being guilty of murder. As nobody else was present it's going to be very difficult to "prove" murder, because in the absence of any other evidence his story that he killed he accidentally might just be the truth.. we don't know, we were not there.

Evidence that she died of a blow to the head may be consistent with falling down the stairs, unless of course they can show a murder weapon.

Of course, if he really did kill her accidentally and then for whatever mental reasons was in denial that she was in the bin locked in the basement, he could conceivably be innocent of hiding her body if they cannot show clear criminal intent. Criminal intent is everything in a case like this, and it's possible (I'm not making any judgement on if it's likely not), just possible that he was so traumatized by her death that he was in denial and hence was innocent through lack of intent. If I was his lawyer I'd possibly run with that defense in the hope that there is no evidence to the contrary, and in any fair system of justice (again, I make no judgement about the likelihood of that) he SHOULD be acquitted in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

Remember, he does not tecnically need evidence to back up his story, it's the prosecution who need to prove he is lying. That's the nature and the flaw in a advisorial system of justice.

Being guilty of killing her is not the same as being guilty of murder. As nobody else was present it's going to be very difficult to "prove" murder, because in the absence of any other evidence his story that he killed he accidentally might just be the truth.. we don't know, we were not there.

Evidence that she died of a blow to the head may be consistent with falling down the stairs, unless of course they can show a murder weapon.

Of course, if he really did kill her accidentally and then for whatever mental reasons was in denial that she was in the bin locked in the basement, he could conceivably be innocent of hiding her body if they cannot show clear criminal intent. Criminal intent is everything in a case like this, and it's possible (I'm not making any judgement on if it's likely not), just possible that he was so traumatized by her death that he was in denial and hence was innocent through lack of intent. If I was his lawyer I'd possibly run with that defense in the hope that there is no evidence to the contrary, and in any fair system of justice (again, I make no judgement about the likelihood of that) he SHOULD be acquitted in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

Remember, he does not tecnically need evidence to back up his story, it's the prosecution who need to prove he is lying. That's the nature and the flaw in a advisorial system of justice.

You know this is in Thailand right ?

Ahh, Dokset's lone defender returns. When the case originally broke and the thread on TV started you defended him, but, you were wrong when he finally admitted his guilt at hiding the body. Short memory?

You know nothing about LOS and how it works, do you. Crawl back. coffee1.gif

Short memory definitely ,in the thread about the austrailian firing the gun in patong our resident trans am was all over another poster just because he knew the austrailian and he said he was an ok guy who had helped many people, trans am told him he should keep his mouth shut and not post on the forum ...lol.....pot calling kettle black for sure

• Like 1

Short memory definitely ,in the thread about the austrailian firing the gun in patong our resident trans am was all over another poster just because he knew the austrailian and he said he was an ok guy who had helped many people, trans am told him he should keep his mouth shut and not post on the forum ...lol.....pot calling kettle black for sure

Hmmm, not really. A guy with a gun firing at will is one thing but an argument with NO gun is another thing. Please plug your brain in when you post. coffee1.gif

so a Thai murderer get release on bail but death is require for this Norwegian ? Strange justice .. I dont excuse this guy of course , any murderers regardless of their nationality should have the same treatment.

Many western countries (UK etc) grant bail to persons charged with murder. Bail is typically withheld if the person poses a flight risk or a risk to himself or others. My friend was murdered by his wife in Canada some years back and was released on bail before her trial ... she was not considered a flight risk or a danger to others. Thailand is not so unusual in this regard.

A guy with a gun firing at will is one thing but an argument with NO gun is another thing. Please plug your brain in when you post. coffee1.gif

Alleged argument.

Just as likely she was hit with his gun, which apparently he was quite vocal about having.

Please plug your brain in when you post.

A guy with a gun firing at will is one thing but an argument with NO gun is another thing. Please plug your brain in when you post. coffee1.gif

Alleged argument.

Just as likely she was hit with his gun, which apparently he was quite vocal about having.

Seems you do NOT know the story. The deceased ''owned'' the 9mm. coffee1.gif Really is difficult sometimes with the hang em high brigade. coffee1.gif

Why would you put her body in your own dumpster....just saying, tht is not the smartest way to hide something like this.

it is a misuse of the term, to my knowledge a dumpster is where you put your trash outdoors.

she was apparently in a large sealable bin locked in a rarely used bathroom

Edited by candypants

Why would you put her body in your own dumpster....just saying, tht is not the smartest way to hide something like this.

it is a misuse of the term, to my knowledge a dumpster is where you put your trash outdoors.

she was apparently in a large sealable bin locked in a rarely used bathroom

Commonly called storage.

Funny post a few above.....cheesy.gif

Alleged argument.

Seems you do NOT know the story. The deceased ''owned'' the 9mm. coffee1.gif Really is difficult sometimes with the hang em high brigade. coffee1.gif

Yup, I remember that bit. Was the cause of a few arguments between him and her apparently.

How do I fit into the 'Hang 'em high Brigade'? Your answer will interest me, thanks.

Edited by cbrer

Alleged argument.

Yup, I remember that bit. Was the cause of a few arguments between him and her apparently.

How do I fit into the 'Hang 'em high Brigade'? Your answer will interest me, thanks.

How do you know the 9mm caused a problem. ?

Alleged argument.

How do you know the 9mm caused a problem. ?

I don't, you need to read. It apparently did, from reports I remember at the time.

*ahem*

"How do I fit into the 'Hang 'em high Brigade'?"

Edited by cbrer

The gun was owned by the deceased, but, was in the possession of the accused. He is being charged for this.

Seems like Transam doesn't know the facts.

The gun was in the downstairs loo, NOT on his person, her mobile was there too. Do not accuse unless YOU have the facts. coffee1.gif

The Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet writes that Dokset has offered the family 9,3 mill bath to drop the charges against him.

Just coming in, and is revealed at court right now. 5 mill to the family, and 4,3 mill for taking care of the deceased 3 kids.

But it is still uncertain if this eventually will stop the ongoing trial, if the family accept.

Edited by thaibreaker

The gun was owned by the deceased, but, was in the possession of the accused. He is being charged for this.

Seems like Transam doesn't know the facts.

The gun was in the downstairs loo, NOT on his person, her mobile was there too. Do not accuse unless YOU have the facts.

The gun was in the house he was living in. He was also allegedly using it to threaten people.

Edited by LivinginKata
Flame removed - calm down