A Big Shout Out .

sunholidaysun1

I have just returned from a trip to Pattaya and while I was there came across a restaurant that serves very very good food. The standard of the food was very high , the quality and freshness of the food served was superb. The restaurant is Swedish and the staff were a bit bemused as to why an Englishhman was eating there every day . I was impressed no end with the pickled herring and sea food dishes that I ordered , the pizza was better than any I have had from any Italien pizza shop in Thailand and the Steak was mouthwateringly delicious . The prices are competitive but the quality and cooking skills out do most places I have visited . Not sure if I break the rules by naming the place but its called the Globetrotter , it is situated behind the bars at the beach road end of Central Rd. I was using the Holland Cafe Bar (Central Rd )for my drinks and ordered through them , the restaurant is behind the bar and not visible from Central Rd or the small soi leading to the bar area of soi 7.

The menu they have is varied but mostly covers the food from scandinavian countries , if you have never tried it , give it a go , its going to be the only place I eat from now on in Pattaya on my future visits . Enjoy .

Yes the Globetrotter is an old, well established restaurant in Pattaya. I agree its a worthy place to eat. As far as ONLY place to eat, that's kind of a bizarre concept.

Their pizza is also well known. The style is different than Italian style. More like Scandinavian style. Their food is available from local delivery services.

Pattaya these days has some very good choices for DIFFERENT styles of pizzas:

New York Pizza House, American

La Bocca, thin crust Italian cooked in stone oven (Jomtien)

etc.

There are also many other Scandinavian restaurants in town.

My favorite is a Norwegian hole in the wall in Jomtien called Joy Enjoy.

Pattaya has developed over the years into a quite decent food city for those seeking VARIETY. Thousands of restaurants. Huge choice of national styles. Some of them are even good!

Edited by Jingthing

You should get out more mate....and I mean out of that street and out of that town and.....oh forget it.

Whatever makes you happy. biggrin.png

Indeed

He should get out more & he should get out more to continue posting positives reviews.thumbsup.gif

Pickled herring is one of my favssmile.png , now i know a place.. But i will not go to Pattaya.rolleyes.gif