Khao Laem

jackinbkk

Not really a guide but a boatman will be needed, I hav,nt fished kaho laem but have a fished both kaeng krajan and bang pra often.

Thank you tingtongfarang, do you just strike a deal at the port/marina/boat? smile.png

By the way do you ever see any wild Pla Bueks or signs of them when you are there?

Not really a guide but a boatman will be needed, I hav,nt fished kaho laem but have a fished both kaeng krajan and bang pra often.

Thank you tingtongfarang, do you just strike a deal at the port/marina/boat? smile.png

By the way do you ever see any wild Pla Bueks or signs of them when you are there?

Never bait fished in the dams, My target on these dams are the plah chado on a lure, i believe its not allowed to fish plabueks in the wild anyway,

I think the prices of a boatman at bang pra are still 600bht for the day...6am till the sun is going down, Boatman has to paddle as no motors are allowed and i think he works hard for his money so if you do it make sure you tip him,

There is more info on( http://www.john-tom.com/FishingInThailand/FishingInThailand.html#Bangpra ) Two people on one boat is ok but its a bit of a balancing act.

Never bait fished in the dams, My target on these dams are the plah chado on a lure, i believe its not allowed to fish plabueks in the wild anyway,

I think the prices of a boatman at bang pra are still 600bht for the day...6am till the sun is going down, Boatman has to paddle as no motors are allowed and i think he works hard for his money so if you do it make sure you tip him,

There is more info on( http://www.john-tom....nd.html#Bangpra ) Two people on one boat is ok but its a bit of a balancing act.

Thanks tingtongfarang. 600 baht is not bad for a days fishing with that guy doing all the hard work.

There is more info on( http://www.john-tom....nd.html#Bangpra ) Two people on one boat is ok but its a bit of a balancing act.

Thanks tingtongfarang. 600 baht is not bad for a days fishing with that guy doing all the hard work.

There,s always a second paddle if you feel like getting stuck intongue.png infact its the done thing if going over from one side of the dam to the other or going against the wind,

I even let the boatman use my second rod if he has the time or inclination.

Edited by tingtongfarang