Russian Motorcyclist Hit By Runaway Wheel Dies In I C U

webfact

Russian motorcyclist hit by runaway wheel dies in ICU

Phuket Gazette

wh.jpg

One of the two wheels that came off the 10-wheeled truck struck Alexey Balabko at high speed. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- The Russian motorcyclist who was hit by a runaway wheel on Thepkrasattri Road on February 6 has died.

newsjsAlexey Balabko, 26, had been in the ICU at Bangkok Phuket Hospital since February 7.

“He was taken off life support on February 12 because he was not responding to stimuli,” a hospital representative told the Phuket Gazette.

Mr Balabko was riding his “big bike” on Thepkrasattri road when two wheels came off a southbound 10-wheeled truck. One of the wheels struck Mr Balabko, breaking his arms and one of his legs, and knocking him unconscious.

He was initially taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital, but was transferred to the ICU at Bangkok Phuket Hospital the next morning. He was not responding to stimuli at that time of the transfer, reported Thalang Police Duty Officer Chatree Chuwichian.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...-ICU-20231.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-14

Poor guy RIP ..... I just wonder why those nuts Thai drivers always have to runaway when they are involve in traffic accident .. what a bunch of cowards ..... a very good image sent to the world for the safety of Thai roads. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

It says runaway wheel, not runaway driver... Blame the careless attitude towards the maintenance of vehicle (trucks).

Anyway... RIP the the motorcyclist.

Edited by Amir

Poor guy RIP ..... I just wonder why those nuts Thai drivers always have to runaway when they are involve in traffic accident .. what a bunch of cowards ..... a very good image sent to the world for the safety of Thai roads. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

The wheel was the runaway, not the driver, who was charged.

Read first before you make comments mr Runaway.
  • Like 1

It says runaway wheel, not runaway driver... Blame the careless attitude towards the maintenance of vehicle (trucks).

Anyway... RIP the the motorcyclist.

I thought it was just an excuse used by all these drivers after an accident. "The wheel fell off" guess it does happen frequently. Have Thais heard of nuts and a wheel brace? Old technology but still very effective.

Geez, the death toll in Thailand on Russians alone is about 20 since the beginning of the New Year... Bloody waste. RIP

In a recent thread, the Russian Honary Consul stated there were about 5000 Russian expats living on Phuket. Add to that number, all the Russian tourists here now, and I think we will start to see more Russians die on the roads here in the future.