Traditional Street Photography

fimgirl

Perhaps a new thread dedicated to traditional street photography.

Wikipedia:- Street photography is a type of photography that features subjects in candid situations within public places such as streets, parks, malls, and other settings.

Street photography often tends to be ironic and can be distanced from its subject matter, and often concentrates on a single human moment, caught at a decisive or poignant moment.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite honestly I think it makes it too fussy..... we have the "street scenes" , why start another similar thread....? same same but different!!! ? wink.png

If the rules get too complicated, I think some will loose interest!

My opinion !!!!

The streets theme you refer to seems to be images of streets and soi's whereas traditional street photography is the human action on the streets. I don't see it "same same" at all. it's a very popular and much heralded form of photography and indeed one of the earlier forms of image making. Most of the recognized great photographers specialized in traditional street imagery where they achieved their

acclaim.

Conversely I don't see any rules having been applied.

Quite honestly I think it makes it too fussy..... we have the "street scenes" , why start another similar thread....? same same but different!!! ? wink.png

If the rules get too complicated, I think some will loose interest!

My opinion !!!!

The streets theme you refer to seems to be images of streets and soi's whereas traditional street photography is the human action on the streets. I don't see it "same same" at all. it's a very popular and much heralded form of photography and indeed one of the earlier forms of image making. Most of the recognized great photographers specialized in traditional street imagery where they achieved their

acclaim.

Conversely I don't see any rules having been applied.

Well, let's see if it comes to something, some times it's hard to decide where a photo should go.... already! wink.png

You certainly have some first class photos, so look forward to seeing more of them thumbsup.gif

I was not trying to be negative.... so go for it!

Enough chat!!! wink.png

What's the forum for if it's not for learning and aspiring? smile.png fabulous photos by the OP and I as a rank amateur don't know where to start so!!......I'll just have to take the plunge with the limited range of possible contenders and learn on the job......here goes......

" I Wish I'd Worn Shoes "

527526_426294747408853_133005728_n.jpg

Does that count? whistling.gif

The start of an journey

I'm shamelessly copying filmgirl's b&w theme. One have to start learning from somewhere smile.png

LOL. Flattered indeed.

I shoot B+W for the simple reason that I fervently believe the following:-

Colour is what you see: Black and White is what you get.

Think about it.

I shoot B+W for the simple reason that I fervently believe the following:-

Colour is what you see: Black and White is what you get.

You concluded the idea in very precise way.

I understand street photography in this thread that it's all about capturing the special moment in the life. Something that happens right now and can not ever be done afterwards. Capturing the life itself to an frame.

It would be really interesting to talk what kind of persons each of us are, how do we see the world and how do we wish to see or show the world by our pictures. Is there a difference between people who live the art on their everyday life compared to the people who live their lives with the numbers and escape to the world of dreams during the nights.

how are you getting the strong contrast with the crisp whites and black blacks, i always seem to get a smoother image.

the difference i am talking about is clear between the image in post #16 and any of your images

Someone asked this question on another thread and I explained that I use the curves and local contrast control tools in Photoshop and also tweak the gamma as required. It's not easy to explain but just play with the curves tool and see what you get. It's a very powerful application.

Hope this helps

P.S. Here's a link to ALCE (advanced local contrast enhancer) which is inexpensive and very effective which you may find of interest. Hover over each image and see the difference.

note:- give it time to load fully

http://www.bigano.com/index.php/en/consulting/40-davide-barranca/228-alce-local-contrast-enhancer-photoshop.html

Remove all the colours and automatically an extra dimensions has been added

post-70928-0-73442500-1361089227_thumb.jpost-70928-0-27746500-1361089472_thumb.j

Nice 1 fimgirlwink.png

Go back and forth on these two and i learn that in b&w much more is left to the observer's imagination therefore making the photo more interesting to watch.

Actually street photography is this one, not just pictures of road, sois, etc.

There are cameras almost entirely dedicated to this wonderful kind of photography, counting huge names in the word photography scenery.

rather dismissive of the wonderful shots on the other topic. There are lots of pictures there that are more than "just" roads etc. Or is this one "just people"

some shots tend to look better in B&W while some Color.

I tend to shoot in Raw and basic Jpeg an in Bridge determine which way to go

I feel street photography is all about capturing the moment in 125th of a sec

Film girl i like ur work but would prefer to see it without the titles u apply

Kings Sihanouk last trip

DSC_6371_zpsb9985223.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if traditional or not? .... I did some colour fading with this shot.

Ban%2520Por%2520beach%2520%2520Feb%25202

Just seen this. A joke yes?

Street photography often tends to be ironic and can be distanced from

its subject matter, and often concentrates on a single human moment,

caught at a decisive or poignant moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived