Traditional Street Photography

fimgirl

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klaus, that shot breaks all the rules, but still works. Well done!

a complete accident, I swear. I was shooting a guy and his sewing machine today, when my camera wouldn't focus. I turned 90 degrees and just pressed the button, turned back and continued with my shoot. At home I checked and found the lady walking briskly dressed in blue from head to toe... tongue.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Klaus, that shot breaks all the rules, but still works. Well done!

a complete accident, I swear. I was shooting a guy and his sewing machine today, when my camera wouldn't focus. I turned 90 degrees and just pressed the button, turned back and continued with my shoot. At home I checked and found the lady walking briskly dressed in blue from head to toe... alt=tongue.png>

Accidents are great!

Fantastic perspective, DAL. Perfectly timed and focussed too!

I can only imagine what you looked like as you crouched whilst waiting for the shot biggrin.png

:-) Can't crouch for so long. I was sitting down. The street was cleanwhistling.gif.

Perhaps I should aim more like this. Thanks.smile.png

Every scene is so dynamic in terms of light and even though it's a movie each still frame would make a great photo.

That was the exact mantra & striving goal lying beneath the creation of each and every one of Sir David Lean's (he later admitted it himself) masterpieces of film. For him, it worked & definitely shows . . .

I'm not fully sure of the subject. Does this comply?

Very shy girl wrote her secret loved ones name to the street.

2013-02-15_19-57-08.jpg

This is one of the nicest photos I've seen recently. It's a one-chance moment in time so the extraneous things in the pic are unavoidable.

But the composition, the lighting on the girl, the slow shutter speed showing the excited movement of her hands, the subject itself as a human interest capture, and all else make it something I keep coming back to look at.

A moment in the life of a nice Thai girl.

Archived