Traditional Street Photography

fimgirl

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two shots. Same location, different tones.

Traditional street photography

P8300100.JPG

This is has more colors, larger crop and different feeling. Yet, kind of creepy.

P8300103.JPG

Which one do you prefer and most importantly, why? I wish to understand what other people look in pictures. Why something catches the eye and some not?

This is has more colors, larger crop and different feeling. Yet, kind of creepy.

Which one do you prefer and most importantly, why? I wish to understand what other people look in pictures. Why something catches the eye and some not?

I like the color photo best. Why? The man is smiling on that and looks angry on the B&W.

Edit: Not sure if it is a man or woman?

P8300100.JPG

That one is much more sinister to me, b&w goes very well with his facial expression...is he hiding a body behind them squid?

Thanks for the comments. One way for me to learn is to compare the differences between photos and understanding what other people see on those.

Another thing is the 'rise of the Thai smile', which happens here quite often. When pointing with camera, people sometimes have the impression of 'what the heck are you doing'. After a moment they person behind the camera is labeled as harmless, the smile of the people comes to display.

I re-cropped the color image. Removed both top and lower parts and made it to follow the 1/3 rule. I'm not sure if the changes are reflected to the images above.

Archived