Snakehead Gone Quiet

patongphil

Where are you fishing them? It varies from place to place.

Fishing in all the local dams, ponds and klongs here in Maha Sarakham. Usually get a few each time but just recently a lot of blanks.

Anyway will try again this afternoon - had about 7 or 8 strikes yesterday but none on the hook.

• 2 weeks later...

Fishing in all the local dams, ponds and klongs here in Maha Sarakham. Usually get a few each time but just recently a lot of blanks.

Anyway will try again this afternoon - had about 7 or 8 strikes yesterday but none on the hook.

What method are you using to target them?

I almost exclusively use surface weedless frogs as the waters around here are very choked with weed. Have thought about using a live frog but am really far more interested in the more active casting etc with the artificial frogs.

Don't know if it will work on wild waters, but I found working fat 4"-5" plastic minnows (Slug-O's to Texans) slowly on the bottom was effective at Pilot 111 when nobody around was catching them. Couldn't get bit on the normal crankbaits that day.

Then the guy came by to feed them and everyone was in and it was a hoot watching the little kids with big fish.

I almost exclusively use surface weedless frogs as the waters around here are very choked with weed. Have thought about using a live frog but am really far more interested in the more active casting etc with the artificial frogs.

Same here....i find even if the water is,nt clogged some kind of weedless frog cast onto the bank then retrieved into the water works best for me,

Often i go out on the bicycle with a few frogs in the pocket and one already on the line, After an hour i normally have 2-3 chons but i also noticed in the last weeks they were,nt biting so easy.

Edited by tingtongfarang

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...