Night Life In Kalasin

awayfoe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. My favourite live music venue in all the world is in Kalasin, across from the bus station.

Is that the one you call the High Class Complex? Still not sure if I know that one, though possibly it is up a flight of wide steps and at the side of the bus station rather than directly across the road. Or is your favourite venue one i do not know about?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

SilverBeast, King Stephen just passed a law that takes away Canadian Citizenship, even from native born Canadians, if they have dual citizenship and are convicted terrorists. Although it is being challenged in the courts, and I doubt your wife is a terrorist.

We don't Call him a king around here, lol.

http://www.straight.com/news/675051/bill-c-24-lawsuit-claims-no-legislation-can-strip-canadians-citizenship

Yeah, I hope the court strikes it down. They should just convict the terrorists in a court of law and put them in jail...no need to worry about citizenship.

I was thinking with the wife being a Thai National I'd be on a Marriage Visa for the first 3 years and then Permanent Resident after that.

You make it sound so easy....laugh.png alt=laugh.png>

totster smile.png

Just what I read. thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...

If coming from Tesco Lotus, turn left and then the first u-turn, come back to the lights and turn left. You will come to a traffic circle go past the pizza place and the monument place and the road beside it and then at the next road go down it Anukoolaree School will be on your right and then Anuban Kalasin School and then Kalasin Pittiyasai School. Both on your right, then there will be a set of lights, go through the lights and about 50 metres on your left will be Amadeus Restaurant, beside it is a language school.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

To anyone reading that a made us joint is not there anymore if this has already been mentioned sorry about that but yesterday I found the best restaurant I been to so far in kalasin. A thai owned low key place aprox 1 km from big c if heading to city it's on same large st. It's called KOFTE STEAK and if you visit the place I very much doubt you will disagree. They do steaks as you may have guessed and burgers and whilst the steak is not the best ever it is far far from the worst it was lovely it tasted very European but the mayonnaise in this joint was delicious and I cannot stand mayonnaise and you know how thais love to pour mayo all over salad. It comes in a dish on the side.

My order for 3 persons.

Steak chips salad x 1

Salmon steak chips salad x 2

Fried chicken with fried cabbage sprinkles

Fried chicken spicy style salad

3 waters

569 thb

Great portions great food nice little spot very easy to find its low key nothing fancy and it looks like it's been their years so I'm hoping I'm right as I hate it when a good joint closes.

Highly recommended.

kalasin my other half from there its as dead as a maggot that place

Really , the place is a hive of night life activity .

You locals want to keep all the local tooty to yourselves .giggle.gif

To anyone reading that a made us joint is not there anymore if this has already been mentioned sorry about that but yesterday I found the best restaurant I been to so far in kalasin. A thai owned low key place aprox 1 km from big c if heading to city it's on same large st. It's called KOFTE STEAK and if you visit the place I very much doubt you will disagree. They do steaks as you may have guessed and burgers and whilst the steak is not the best ever it is far far from the worst it was lovely it tasted very European but the mayonnaise in this joint was delicious and I cannot stand mayonnaise and you know how thais love to pour mayo all over salad. It comes in a dish on the side.

My order for 3 persons.

Steak chips salad x 1

Salmon steak chips salad x 2

Fried chicken with fried cabbage sprinkles

Fried chicken spicy style salad

3 waters

569 thb

Great portions great food nice little spot very easy to find its low key nothing fancy and it looks like it's been their years so I'm hoping I'm right as I hate it when a good joint closes.

Highly recommended.

Thanks for the recomendation, I will give it a try... For those reading the Old Posts regarding Amadus (Wolfgang's), He has be Closed for months now and is rumored to have left for Phuket...

Another Thai place that serves decent Steaks is called "77 Milk & Steak" and is located on the By Pass heading towards Som Det, just prior to what we call "The White House" ... Offering Sirloin & T-Bone Steaks, complete with Salad and fries... Also Pork and Chicken Steaks as well as various pasta dishes...

And for very good Middle Eastern Food, "Kebab Garden" located next to "Cha-Lang Boutiques Hotel" ... Located down a small street / soi which is on the Right side as you head out of Kalasin towards Roi Et.. Look for the Large Blue ."Cha-Lang Boutiques Hotel" sign on a high pole on the right hand side... The owner (Mo) has a FB page https://www.facebook.com/steve.mousa.3/about

Pianman kalasin

Thanks for offering those other suggestions I will seek out the 77 milk and look for this white house joint too.

Just a note. The kebab garden restaurant is now closed Monday and Tuesdays.

The "White House" is just that, a White House, and not a restaurant... It is a large residence of a local who liked the looks of the office "While House" from the US...

Pianoman

Thanks for offering those other suggestions I will seek out the 77 milk and look for this white house joint too.

Just a note. The kebab garden restaurant is now closed Monday and Tuesdays.

The "White House" is just that, a White House, and not a restaurant... It is a large residence of a local who liked the looks of the office "While House" from the US...

Pianoman

The owner of that white house is also the owner of Rasa (next to 77 milk) and 77 milk. Also a well-known architect in Thailand and Laos :)

2nd visit to this kofte steak joint for late lunch.

Hamburger

Chips

Salad

Extra buwl of chips

Water

Pork thai style salad

Chicken fried rice.

Delicious and just 258 baht.

Shuts 9.30 most evenings please note.

Hi chaps. I just had some top nosh. I am not too much into noodles but this I think is worth a mention.

The big c in kalasin right next to it aprox 60 metres down the rd is a big looking restaurant it serves boat noodles? Old style noodles I'm told.

Been past it a lot and was dismissive of it as I always think prices by large malls etc are inflated due to the convenience of being close to BIG c.

How wrong was I and how good is the stock they using in the noodles.

It's a big joint had a band playing soft music. They serve 1 dish: noodles with pork and livers. Really tasty stuff and just 10 (ten) baht a bowl. I had 6 bowls they are small portions hence 6 bowls. Pretty normal it seems to have 5+.

All spices are on side the stock is very good I highly recommend. They got loads of little stores within joint selling other stuff like water and beer one luck seller sells to all. Pork scratching seller etc.

Highly recommended.

R

Hi chaps. I just had some top nosh. I am not too much into noodles but this I think is worth a mention.

The big c in kalasin right next to it aprox 60 metres down the rd is a big looking restaurant it serves boat noodles? Old style noodles I'm told.

Been past it a lot and was dismissive of it as I always think prices by large malls etc are inflated due to the convenience of being close to BIG c.

How wrong was I and how good is the stock they using in the noodles.

It's a big joint had a band playing soft music. They serve 1 dish: noodles with pork and livers. Really tasty stuff and just 10 (ten) baht a bowl. I had 6 bowls they are small portions hence 6 bowls. Pretty normal it seems to have 5+.

All spices are on side the stock is very good I highly recommend. They got loads of little stores within joint selling other stuff like water and beer one luck seller sells to all. Pork scratching seller etc.

Highly recommended.

R

Sounds like the 'Rice Mill' complex, as remarked, it has a nice selection of local street food type dishes and more. It is located on the same side of the street before Big C.

Cheers!

It's same side as big c. If your coming out of city it would be on your left aprox 60 metres before big c.

Akela never taught me about how to know directions NESW. Sorry I cannot tell you using those terms. I know this may sound a bit ridiculous but it's true so feel free to wind me up :-)

Yes it is called rice mill I think but no rice served please note the site was an old rice factory I'm told. I think it's worth going over old ground in some cases and especially for food as the turnover of restaurants can be a problem as you all know.

• 1 month later...

Hi chaps been a while and to be honest nit been out much of late but I did spy this new joint in kalasin 2 weeks ago and had the opportunity to visit 2 nights ago and was very pleased with this new place called ONSON bistro or maybe it is ONSON bistro but to find this place with my crappy no name no NESW directions you do as follows. So there is a lovely park in kalasin where lhoy kratong festival is held each year. The well known live music bar down that way right by bus station  ok so imagine your in bus station you go our on main road turn right head past 711 which would be on your left and continue just keep going until you see a well lit up blue white neon sign on the left with ONSON bistro as name. From 711 it's a 3 minute drive and maybe a 10 min walk.

Place is very relaxing as it is set in a fairly big grounds has a car park.

They were playing the footy that night about 8-9 locals enjoying the game. After the game a band rocked up and a female with a lovely voice sang some thai and english heartfelt songs very well.

The food and drinks were very impressive. I had 3 large Leo, mrs had 2 cokes a water and the following dishes:

Some spicy oyster type dish

A ceasar salad which was tasty that had orange segments and apple as well as salad all was very fresh 

Spaghetti carbonara which was very good by a lot of standards

Shrimp fried rice

The presentation of food was very good the dishes were lovely and the beer was served with an iced glass so to explain the bottom 1/3 of glass was completely iced. I liked the idea but prefer no ice anyway.

Spent nearly 3 hours there was a very relaxing and total bIll was 707 baht.

I recommend in kalasin for food.

Rice mill boat noodle restaurant

Onson bistro

Kofte kebab

Couple of images of 2 of the dishes at onson attached.

Lovely decor there too a lot of old retro furniture about the place.

1473170642880.jpg

Sarakham, is not a short trip if you are driving at night, at least 40 minutes I would say. Plus it severely restricts the amount you can drink. Depending where you live or stay in Kalasin, a lot of places are within walking distance or there are tuk tuk drivers out front, so you don't have to drive.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Rc2702, when you leave the Bus Station and turn right, I think the 7/11 will br on your right. Is this Onson Bistro down at the next intersection, on the right there is a barbeque place, or at least usę to be. I am going to Kalasin next week, I'll check it out.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Archived