Night Life In Kalasin

awayfoe

2nd visit to this kofte steak joint for late lunch.

Hamburger

Chips

Salad

Extra buwl of chips

Water

Pork thai style salad

Chicken fried rice.

Delicious and just 258 baht.

Shuts 9.30 most evenings please note.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi chaps. I just had some top nosh. I am not too much into noodles but this I think is worth a mention.

The big c in kalasin right next to it aprox 60 metres down the rd is a big looking restaurant it serves boat noodles? Old style noodles I'm told.

Been past it a lot and was dismissive of it as I always think prices by large malls etc are inflated due to the convenience of being close to BIG c.

How wrong was I and how good is the stock they using in the noodles.

It's a big joint had a band playing soft music. They serve 1 dish: noodles with pork and livers. Really tasty stuff and just 10 (ten) baht a bowl. I had 6 bowls they are small portions hence 6 bowls. Pretty normal it seems to have 5+.

All spices are on side the stock is very good I highly recommend. They got loads of little stores within joint selling other stuff like water and beer one luck seller sells to all. Pork scratching seller etc.

Highly recommended.

R

Hi chaps. I just had some top nosh. I am not too much into noodles but this I think is worth a mention.

The big c in kalasin right next to it aprox 60 metres down the rd is a big looking restaurant it serves boat noodles? Old style noodles I'm told.

Been past it a lot and was dismissive of it as I always think prices by large malls etc are inflated due to the convenience of being close to BIG c.

How wrong was I and how good is the stock they using in the noodles.

It's a big joint had a band playing soft music. They serve 1 dish: noodles with pork and livers. Really tasty stuff and just 10 (ten) baht a bowl. I had 6 bowls they are small portions hence 6 bowls. Pretty normal it seems to have 5+.

All spices are on side the stock is very good I highly recommend. They got loads of little stores within joint selling other stuff like water and beer one luck seller sells to all. Pork scratching seller etc.

Highly recommended.

R

Sounds like the 'Rice Mill' complex, as remarked, it has a nice selection of local street food type dishes and more. It is located on the same side of the street before Big C.

Cheers!

It's same side as big c. If your coming out of city it would be on your left aprox 60 metres before big c.

Akela never taught me about how to know directions NESW. Sorry I cannot tell you using those terms. I know this may sound a bit ridiculous but it's true so feel free to wind me up :-)

Yes it is called rice mill I think but no rice served please note the site was an old rice factory I'm told. I think it's worth going over old ground in some cases and especially for food as the turnover of restaurants can be a problem as you all know.

• 1 month later...

Hi chaps been a while and to be honest nit been out much of late but I did spy this new joint in kalasin 2 weeks ago and had the opportunity to visit 2 nights ago and was very pleased with this new place called ONSON bistro or maybe it is ONSON bistro but to find this place with my crappy no name no NESW directions you do as follows. So there is a lovely park in kalasin where lhoy kratong festival is held each year. The well known live music bar down that way right by bus station  ok so imagine your in bus station you go our on main road turn right head past 711 which would be on your left and continue just keep going until you see a well lit up blue white neon sign on the left with ONSON bistro as name. From 711 it's a 3 minute drive and maybe a 10 min walk.

Place is very relaxing as it is set in a fairly big grounds has a car park.

They were playing the footy that night about 8-9 locals enjoying the game. After the game a band rocked up and a female with a lovely voice sang some thai and english heartfelt songs very well.

The food and drinks were very impressive. I had 3 large Leo, mrs had 2 cokes a water and the following dishes:

Some spicy oyster type dish

A ceasar salad which was tasty that had orange segments and apple as well as salad all was very fresh 

Spaghetti carbonara which was very good by a lot of standards

Shrimp fried rice

The presentation of food was very good the dishes were lovely and the beer was served with an iced glass so to explain the bottom 1/3 of glass was completely iced. I liked the idea but prefer no ice anyway.

Spent nearly 3 hours there was a very relaxing and total bIll was 707 baht.

I recommend in kalasin for food.

Rice mill boat noodle restaurant

Onson bistro

Kofte kebab

Couple of images of 2 of the dishes at onson attached.

Lovely decor there too a lot of old retro furniture about the place.

1473170642880.jpg

Sarakham, is not a short trip if you are driving at night, at least 40 minutes I would say. Plus it severely restricts the amount you can drink. Depending where you live or stay in Kalasin, a lot of places are within walking distance or there are tuk tuk drivers out front, so you don't have to drive.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Rc2702, when you leave the Bus Station and turn right, I think the 7/11 will br on your right. Is this Onson Bistro down at the next intersection, on the right there is a barbeque place, or at least usę to be. I am going to Kalasin next week, I'll check it out.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Archived