Briton Lee Aldhouse Pleads Not Guilty To Phuket Murder

george

As a UK/ Oz citizen Living in Thailand & a prison visitor for some years in BKK I can state with no pride at all, that the worse embassy appointed (approved listed) Lawyers, is with the UK Embassy--I had seen over many years, After taking their full fee-- them not turn up---send some junior along to represent someone who is in serious trouble, or just plain sit there saying nothing---they never seem to get their names removed from the approved list no matter what--or how many-- the complaints against them are.

Stating that fact--I should also state that I have no knowledge one way or the other if this particular person took legal representation from the UK list of Approved lawyers or not.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the funny thing they used to say : if you cannot do the time, don't do the crime ...

why he needed a knife to go find his dog ? in a drunk state ?

and just stab anybody twice that you did not even see the face off in front

i will get what he deserves, who he likes hot weather, thai food and to crap in a bucket with 50 other prisoners

I hope this person gets a fair trial and the judge and jury do a good job for Thailand.

I do not think he should rely on the jury, 'cos there isn't one in Thai court cases.

I stand corrected. I have never needed to use the service so will apologise for my being wrong.

You learn something new everyday.

He's had more than two years to come up with a story and this is the best he can do?

Criminal.

He doesn't look like a Mensa candidate.

Neither does Stephen Hawkings

And your point is? That he may be? Think the suggestion that he could at least have come up with a better story for himself is valid.

Just more crazy sh** really and I have no clue as to the truths and lies as to the case, but doesn't sound good for him.. especially not here.. grabbing two knives and killing someone with at least one of them is not a hugely defendable position whatever the possible 'mitigating' circumstances.. another TWO lives down then drain will be the only real outcome of this. Wouldn't like to have this guy's lawyer, though.. sending notes to the judge about illnesses! Seems to be acting like a dodgy older brother trying to get his younger sibling out of detention with a 'sickie'!!!

This piece of English crap is going to kill himself,,, which is ok with me as he is a low life looking for his dog, which brings a question,,, is the dog still alive??? the American that kicked his face in is not, so where is the dog,,,I'm an animal lover,,,,,,,,,, Better yet I have never been in that 7/11 and had knifes thrown at me???? it must be a British thing,,,,, the law between the Thais and the Brits is simple,,, you plead guilty to your crimes and get life if you waste the courts time then you get the death penalty,,,, I pray to god that this piece of garbidge gets life in a Thai prison,,,, the pitbull will be now known as the pumping chawawwara,,,, I hope Martin Carpenter the British council has a lot of vasalean for this garbidge from England he will need it

You need to check up on Thailand law a little bit.

The law in Thailand is, if you plead guilty then your sentence is cut in half. I believe the death Penalty was taken off the table to allow for extradition.

The lawyer not showing up is very strange, must be some type of move by the lawyer, I cant believe a high profile case like this with plenty of time to clear schedules that the lawyer could not be there, gotta be something behind this move. I would also like to know the illness he has, I would not be surprised if he says he was jacked up on steroids.

Indeed. I have an acquaintance who did a deal to plead guilty in return for a 10 year sentence. He pleaded guilty and got 30 years. Such is justice in Thailand.

This piece of English crap is going to kill himself,,, which is ok with me as he is a low life looking for his dog, which brings a question,,, is the dog still alive??? the American that kicked his face in is not, so where is the dog,,,I'm an animal lover,,,,,,,,,, Better yet I have never been in that 7/11 and had knifes thrown at me???? it must be a British thing,,,,, the law between the Thais and the Brits is simple,,, you plead guilty to your crimes and get life if you waste the courts time then you get the death penalty,,,, I pray to god that this piece of garbidge gets life in a Thai prison,,,, the pitbull will be now known as the pumping chawawwara,,,, I hope Martin Carpenter the British council has a lot of vasalean for this garbidge from England he will need it

You need to check up on Thailand law a little bit.

The law in Thailand is, if you plead guilty then your sentence is cut in half. I believe the death Penalty was taken off the table to allow for extradition.

The lawyer not showing up is very strange, must be some type of move by the lawyer, I cant believe a high profile case like this with plenty of time to clear schedules that the lawyer could not be there, gotta be something behind this move. I would also like to know the illness he has, I would not be surprised if he says he was jacked up on steroids.

Indeed. I have an acquaintance who did a deal to plead guilty in return for a 10 year sentence. He pleaded guilty and got 30 years. Such is justice in Thailand.

Obviously his crime was not jaywalking.

Erm.. I dont know where you are from but its not just a British thing, He could of been from anywhere, Stupid is everywhere not just Britain,

• Like 1

Erm.. I dont know where you are from but its not just a British thing, He could of been from anywhere, Stupid is everywhere not just Britain,

Perhaps Ironmike has run into some English football casuals & passed on his views - hence the lack of continued postings

• Like 1

Perhaps Ironmike has run into some English football casuals & passed on his views - hence the lack of continued postings

He might have, if he stole a time machine and got lost in 1986.

They are still around mate

Casuals? Really? Still wearing Stone Island and Ocean Pacific stonewash dungarees are they? The only people who still call themselves casuals are in their mid-40s and propping up bars in Bangkok, Birmingham, Portsmouth and Phnom Penh whining about how football was so much better when you couldn't take your 10-year-old kid there in case they got cut, punched or trampled.

Football rucks have been driven underground, driven away from city centres and away from football grounds. It's not the 1980s any more.

Casuals? Really? Still wearing Stone Island and Ocean Pacific stonewash dungarees are they? The only people who still call themselves casuals are in their mid-40s and propping up bars in Bangkok, Birmingham, Portsmouth and Phnom Penh whining about how football was so much better when you couldn't take your 10-year-old kid there in case they got cut, punched or trampled.

Football rucks have been driven underground, driven away from city centres and away from football grounds. It's not the 1980s any more.

Call them as you will, they still exist!

You could take kids, i was 7 year old with a season ticket when the alleged football violence was at its worst.

Im guessing youre the new breed who were to scared to go to games back then.

• Like 1

Moral of the story....Too much booze is not good.

Add steroids and amphetamines in there and not good is an immense understatement.

This steroid freak used to get riled up and beat on his Thai girlfriend, known fact. I think shes in line to testify against the scumbag, take a number.

No, they need to throw the book at this guy, but I don't have high hopes for that considering the system here.

You need to calm done.wink.png

And stop making it a "Brit thing". It makes you sound very foolish. Theres good and bad in every nationality.

It seems very much the case that this guy has committed a terrible crime and if so he will hopefully be dealt with. If the thai authorities have gone as far as to have him extradited give them the credit to finish the job.

Posts like yours don't help the thread in any way and make you sound like a fool.

I would wager UK would not have extradited Mr. Aldhouse if he had murdered a Thai instead of an American.

My guess is that it wasn't the Thai Govt who negotiated the extradition with the UK.

Maybe you should read over all the news accounts again then... The Thai Government filed the paperwork years ago and sent their officials to pick him up in the UK. Do you have facts to back up your statement or is it purely Brit conjecture? I'm fairly sure it's the latter... Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

I would wager UK would not have extradited Mr. Aldhouse if he had murdered a Thai instead of an American.

My guess is that it wasn't the Thai Govt who negotiated the extradition with the UK.

Maybe you should read over all the news accounts again then... The Thai Government filed the paperwork years ago and sent their officials to pick him up in the UK. Do you have facts to back up your statement or is it purely Brit conjecture? I'm fairly sure it's the latter...

Yes- The Thai Govt likely "filled out the paperwork" and was prominently featured in all public photo ops as "leading the charge". Of course it's opinion as I am not included, nor am I consulted, in actual negotiations between the US and UK.

and I'm not Brit...

...not that there's anything wrong with that

Edited by NovaBlue05

Add steroids and amphetamines in there and not good is an immense understatement.

This steroid freak used to get riled up and beat on his Thai girlfriend, known fact. I think shes in line to testify against the scumbag, take a number.

No, they need to throw the book at this guy, but I don't have high hopes for that considering the system here.

Funny and grumpy.

Shifting the blame to steroid from the alcohol an other uniformed opinion. Roid rage has never been proven but often used as an excuse. While it has been proven that alcohol causes aggression. Just compare the fights in gyms (never hear of those) with those in bars and places with loads of alcohol.

If what you were saying was true those top bodybuilders must be kicking everyone brain in as they are using huge doses of the stuff.

Not that i advocate steroid use.. just don't like misinformation.

Funny and grumpy.

Shifting the blame to steroid from the alcohol an other uniformed opinion. Roid rage has never been proven but often used as an excuse. While it has been proven that alcohol causes aggression. Just compare the fights in gyms (never hear of those) with those in bars and places with loads of alcohol.

If what you were saying was true those top bodybuilders must be kicking everyone brain in as they are using huge doses of the stuff.

Better stop misinforming then.

http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/factsheets/drugandalcohol/anabolic_steroids.html

Note, one of the side effects is aggressiveness.

Anabolic steroid users often say that they experience a feeling of euphoria (feeling high) or improved self-esteem (feeling better about themselves). Others say they have mood swings, violent or aggressive behaviour ('roid rages'), become paranoid or depressed. As only a limited amount of research has been done in this area, it is difficult to be certain whether a particular anabolic steroid user will get any or all of these side effects. If you think you are experiencing any of these side effects, you should discuss them with your doctor.

Edited by FDog

Funny and grumpy.

Better stop misinforming then.

http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/factsheets/drugandalcohol/anabolic_steroids.html

Note, one of the side effects is aggressiveness.

Anabolic steroid users often say that they experience a feeling of euphoria (feeling high) or improved self-esteem (feeling better about themselves). Others say they have mood swings, violent or aggressive behaviour ('roid rages'), become paranoid or depressed. As only a limited amount of research has been done in this area, it is difficult to be certain whether a particular anabolic steroid user will get any or all of these side effects. If you think you are experiencing any of these side effects, you should discuss them with your doctor.

Like you said limited amount of research no evidence just look at the evidence on alcohol.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa38.htm

Extent of the Alcohol-Violence Association

Based on published studies, Roizen (3) summarized the percentages of violent offenders who were drinking at the time of the offense as follows: up to 86 percent of homicide offenders, 37 percent of assault offenders, 60 percent of sexual offenders, up to 57 percent of men and 27 percent of women involved in marital violence, and 13 percent of child abusers. These figures are the upper limits of a wide range of estimates. In a community-based study, Pernanen (4) found that 42 percent of violent crimes reported to the police involved alcohol, although 51 percent of the victims interviewed believed that their assailants had been drinking.

Edited by robblok